A casual onlooker might think this is a Grand Hotel when seeing the spacious lobby, the restaurant area with high ceilings and sea view. The illusion fades quickly when checking in.
The rooms are dirty with plenty of signs of all the guests before you. As if they couldn't care for a good cleanse let alone redecoration. The personnel act as if they lost interest in their jobs since the eighties when this hotel probably still looked good. Phone calls often are answered by a rude; "Yesss... "(sigh).
The breakfast almost looked comical with zombie-waiters programmed to take away everything from your table as soon as you leave your seat. The coffee comes from a machine which splashes out a cupful at once when pressing a button. No surprise that this tastes like salty mud with a hint of soap. The blue-smoke generating central counter is where they prepare eggs. Amazing how an omelette with mushrooms, onions and tomato can be made to taste like... nothing, no taste at all! The juice machines at the other hand produce a cadmium-orange mixture which tastes like mildew and sugar.
Housekeeping seemed a little too keen on asking whether I really wanted my room cleaned, really?
Unbelievable that this hotel carries the Golden Tulip brand name, is this a scam?
It is probably unfair to blame it all on the personnel. A rundown hotel which once looked fancy and demotivated people is certainly a true sign of mismanagement. Mismanagement from the guy at the top, no-one else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel - International Standards, local flavours. An unmatched option for business and leisure travellers in the heart of Malta's popular district, St. Julian's. Situated very close to the sparkling sea, the hotel promises stunning views and a genuine Mediterranean atmosphere. It is also very close to a number of amenities including the casino, cinema, bowling alley, tennis courts, shops, restaurants and banks. The hotel has 263 elegant rooms - many with panoramic sea views. We offer three dining options within the hotel - Antonio's , our main restaurant, Rhapsody Cafe and Settimo Cielo - our rooftop a la carte eatery which is open during the summer. Thanks to the magical atmosphere of our roof deck and our excellent in house facilities, we are proud to be a top choice for business meetings, functions & Weddings in Malta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Saint Julians
- Saint Julians Golden Tulip
- Vivaldi Hotel Malta
- Golden Tulip Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Golden Tulip
- Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel Malta