“Thoroughly recommended”

Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had a week here - just got back. The location is excellent. It's just off the main "downtown/nightlife" area so there are no real noise issues. Best thing - all the staff were polite, helpful and friendly, particularly the reception staff. Our room was very clean (cleaned daily) had seven foot square bed and had plenty of storage/wardrobe space. Breakfasts had a good selection of breads, cereals, fruit and English breakfast items. Only had one evening meal which was fine. Would recommend finding out exactly where in the hotel you are planning to stay as there are some works going on at this precise time which could cause temporary noise issue.
MINOR complaint - I would have expected a hotel of this standard (taxi driver called it second or third best) to have FREE wifi in public areas. It's ONLY free for an hour IF you are in the bar area.

Room Tip: See comment re on-going works.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
GoldenTulipVivaldi, guest relations officer at Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for the time you took on sharing your experience at the Godlen Tulip Vivaldi hotel. We greatly appreciated your kind comments.

We are very pleased that you have found our staff friendly and helpful, who is always ready to assist our guests making every effort to provide an excellent service.

When it comes to Wi-Fi as you have already mentioned we have a special offer of 1 hr of free connection with any drink purchased at the Rhapsody Lounge. Obviously you can decide to move around into all the lobby area as you wish and still be connected to our Wi-Fi network. Kindly accept our apologies if we haven't specified it during your stay.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and we hope that your recent visit will encourage you further to stay with us on a regular basis.

Warm Regards,
Alison Galea(Guest Relations Officer)

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Geraldine from Dublin, I Just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel. Staff are excellent couldn't do enough for you most helpful. Hotel is in good location very near everything. Food was excellent and rooms cleaned every day. If booking this hotel in the next few weeks just be careful as there is some building work going on as they are updating some of the rooms, we asked to be moved as the noise was too much at 7.30am but they did move us to a fantastic room in the "newer part" of the hotel with a sea view for an extra small charge per day but was well worth it. If I ever return to Malta I would stay there again for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view they are a little bit more expensive but not as much noise as the oth...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
GoldenTulipVivaldi, guest relations officer at Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest,

It was such a pleasure to read your comment. It is rewarding to hear that every aspect of your stay was excellent and that you will include the Golden Tulip Vivaldi hotel on future trips to Malta.

The refurbishment that you mentioned is going to end very soon even though we would like to apologize for the small inconvenience that it caused at the beginning of your stay: it won’t happen again as the Project Manager already took actions to avoid similar situations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on a future visit to Malta.

Kind Regards,

Alison Galea (Guest Relation Officer )

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Last July I went to this hotel some days and than some days at the Intercontinental hotel. This year I want to go again there. The beds are much more comfortable than in the Intercontinental even a little small. Related price quality I really prefer this one. We have a swimming pool outdoor and indoor an big big gym, and it was very well located. I really love it, I slept very well, everything very calm, the only thing that I don't like is the net and some receptionist woman not nice, but I WANT TO GO THERE AGAIN I only want net in the room!!!! I'm a teacher and I went to Eti school in order to make a course.

Room Tip: Oh I really loved mine but now I cannot remember :( sorry I know I really walk a bit inside the hote...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted to know that you chose our hotel and preferred among others: we do our best to provide the highest possible level of service.

We are glad that you want to visit us again, so please do not hesitate to contact us at info@goldentulipvivaldi.com if we can be of any assistance.

Kind Regards,

Alison Galea (Guest Relation Officer)

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed for three nights , the first impression from the exterior , the lobby and the reception desk was good. The room was spacious and the decoration was ok although a total renovation is needed as the interior looks very old and in many spots is ruined and rusty.
+ the location is by the sea , lots of restaurants and bars in the area , bus stop very close
+ friendly and helpful staff
+ the indoor pool is nice and in nice temperature, outdoor pool invironment nice and peaceful
+ room is spacious with a small balkony
+ pillows are very confortable
- the blankets are awful for a 4 star hotel, look old and filthy, i was really cold the first night and i asked for a quilt next day, i got an extra blanket instead but didn't suited my needs, i din't enjoy sleeping at all
- the location is very noisy sometimes with drunk tourists shouting during the night-the buses take so much time to reach other places in the island and most times you have to go first to valletta and take from there another bus
-breakfast is rich but rather boring and tasteless, also you stink fried eggs and bread when you leave the breakfast room

Generally average

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
GoldenTulipVivaldi, guest relations officer at Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Eleninik,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your visit to Malta. Many thanks also for complementing our staff that do their utmost to meet our guest needs and requests.

As I am sure you were aware while you were staying at The Golden Tulip Vivaldi that the Hotel is under renovation so some of your points are being tackled.

When it comes to the street noise our rooms have all double glazed windows that provide a relaxing staying to our guests. Our area is really loved and well known among tourists and locals: it offers night entertainment and busy day life with the pleasure of the sea within walking distance.

We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Regards,
Alison Galea (Guest Relation Officer)

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I can imagine it was once worthy of 4 stars, but nowadays it is not. My room was old, everything was outdated, the carpet was torned, the paint frequently damaged. At night the noise from the street and opposing complex kept me from sleeping, also with closed windows.

The worst thing was the smell in the bathroom. Everytime I used the tap, a smell of urine and poo overwhelmed the room. I notified the front desk twice, but nothing changed. I didn't really expected that, I think it was a problem with the sewer. But an "I am so sorry / I understand / how annoying must that be" from the woman at the front desk would have been nice.

But, that must've been said, staff at breakfast, rhapsody, reservations office before arrival and other girls at reception were very friendly.

Because I paid a lower price than the regular rates which you get when reserving at hotelwebsite or booking.com, my value for money was ok because of breakfast and indoor swimming (which was à bit muffy). Would I have paid the normal rate for the room I was in, I would have complained at management because I would've felt cheated. I thought Golden Tulip would offer a reliable level of accomodation, but they did not deliver. Unfortunetaly, I think I will not visit a Golden Tulip hotel any time soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GoldenTulipVivaldi, duty manager at Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear MarjonOdW,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Golden Tulip Vivaldi hotel.

We are glad that you found our staff really friendly throughout your stay and even before. Obviously

we are very disappointed to read about your experience and to know that we did not fulfill your

expectations. Here in Malta as in every Golden Tulip hotel we are committed to offer the best level of

accommodation following very strict and international standards.

Your comments have been taken on board and steps are being taken to improve in the future.

As you may have noticed we are refurbishing our premises and the rooms with their drainage system

are going to be completely reshaped in order to deliver an outstanding level of hospitality.

I extend my most sincere apologies for your experience. Kindly contact me directly at

gmagi@goldentulipvivaldi.com to discuss your feedback further and to see how we can rectify your

opinion about our hotel.

Best Regards,

Giacomo Magi

Duty Manager

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Very bad value for money.
My phone in the room did not work. Old poor quality towels. No water pressure in the shower. The elevators only worked intermittently.
Good pillows.
I have been to Malta many times and stayed in several hotels - this was by far the worst one.

Room Tip: I best room would be in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Yossi S
GoldenTulipVivaldi, guest relations officer at Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment on Trip Advisor.
We are terribly sorry that you were not satisfied during your stay. Some of your comments have been shared with our management team for future improvement.

As I'm sure that you were aware of The Hotel being refurbished, we are changing most of your highlighted comments.

Our telephone system is now new and is working perfectly.

I am positive that if you had to come to Malta in the near future, it would be great to host you again , and i'm sure you will not regret it.

Kind Regards,

Alison Galea (guest relations officer)

Reviewed 10 March 2014

From the entrance this hotel appears reasonable to its 4 star rating, however the rooms are very poor. Thread bare carpets, mould and rust in the bathrooms....poor view and noise from the street if you are on the first floor. It is situated slap bang in party town.....not a good place to rest and feel relaxed. There are 3 language schools in a few seconds walk from this hotel so during the day there are students standing in the street smoking and blocking the pathways.....Hotel has a bar/coffee shop and the service was good, but complaining about the state of the rooms is a waste of time..........Expensive price for poor quality accommodation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank licencet0chill
GoldenTulipVivaldi, duty manager at Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with Golden Tulip Vivaldi. We are naturally disappointed about your feedback and actions have already been taken by the Management team.
The location of our hotel has been always appreciated by our guests that find it convenient and relaxing at the same time: in the center of St. Julian’s and in front of the sea with all the rooms equipped with double glazed windows.
What you spotted from your window was not acceptable and we have asked our neighborhood to clean their area and their roof as it is not part of our premises.
As you may have noticed we are in the middle of a deep renovation plan and the room you have been assigned was not in line with the standards of our hotel. Please accept our deepest apologies and humbly request to contact me directly at gmagi@goldentulipvivaldi.com so we can further discuss your visit and begin working to win back your trust.
It is my sincere hope that we can have the opportunity to welcome you again and change your perception of Golden Tulip Vivaldi.

Warm Regards,