I got to the hotel after midnight. The check in was tedious and there was definitely no service with a smile.
The room was terrible and it was facing the street. There was noise from the bar across the road until early in the morning. The "best" part was the drilling that started at 7:00 AM. I called reception but they said they can't change my room. Terrible night.
In the morning, I went to reception demanding to have the room changed as it was impossible to rest. OK, they said - check out by 10:00 and we'll give you a room after 15:00... Fortunately the next room was not facing the street and it was a nice renovated room. My next nights were nice and silent.
The breakfast is bellow bad but right next to the hotel there's a nice Italian place with great coffee and food - reasonable prices.
I wanted to try some treatment at the SPA but somehow it was closed - I asked only in one of the days.
There's no free internet in the hotel so you pay a 9€/day charge for a pretty stable connection.
If you have a late flight and you need to leave the luggage for a while, consider that all the bags are in a room where all the guests have access. Nothing was missing from mine, but as it's better to be precocious, I'd suggest having a locket.
Bottom line, if you get one of the new silent rooms, your staying will be enjoyable but even so don't expect quick and efficient service from the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel - International Standards, local flavours. An unmatched option for business and leisure travellers in the heart of Malta's popular district, St. Julian's. Situated very close to the sparkling sea, the hotel promises stunning views and a genuine Mediterranean atmosphere. It is also very close to a number of amenities including the casino, cinema, bowling alley, tennis courts, shops, restaurants and banks. The hotel has 263 elegant rooms - many with panoramic sea views. We offer three dining options within the hotel - Antonio's , our main restaurant, Rhapsody Cafe and Settimo Cielo - our rooftop a la carte eatery which is open during the summer. Thanks to the magical atmosphere of our roof deck and our excellent in house facilities, we are proud to be a top choice for business meetings, functions & Weddings in Malta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, TravelUp, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Saint Julians
- Saint Julians Golden Tulip
- Vivaldi Hotel Malta
- Golden Tulip Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Golden Tulip
- Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel Malta