“simply one of the best”

Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Barcelona, Spain
“simply one of the best”
Reviewed 8 August 2011

i would say it's just the perfect place to stay in St. Julians, nothing to envy with the Hilton and Corinthians nearby. They gave us a very nice room with the pool-sea view that you could appreciate the sunset .Breakfast buffet for 17 euros and free parking for the hotel guests. If you don't feel like eating at the hotel, don't worry..bar and restaurants can be find walking five minutes away from the hotel...
If you don't know what to do, staff will always be there to give you some ideas. They were all very helpful to us during our stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
mariattard, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
Dear igorotaSpain,

Thank you for the review that you have kindly placed.

We strive to make each and every guest' experience at the Westin Dragonara Resort a refreshing one and do our utmost to make you feel comfortable and at home.

We were therefore thrilled to note that you enjoyed your stay at the Resort and that you were very pleased with the service of our staff, the facilities that we have to offer and the convenient location of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Westin Dragonara Resort in the future and thank you once again for your positive comments.

Be Well, Be Westin,
Maria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (714)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Had 4 wonderful days in the hotel, chose it for a relaxing holiday with my husband and wasn't disappointed. Every member of staff was welcoming, polite and very hepful, which I find you don't get in too many places these days. Although the hotel also markets itself as a family resort I didn't find that I felt overwhelmed by kids activities as I have at other hotels, every guest no matter what their reason for staying is catered for. The pools are lovely, as is the sea access and although it appeared the hotel was very busy during our stay the hotel still functioned very efficiently, there are many places to eat and drink which we really valued as again you didn't feel swamped by other people, which is important when you are wanting some "quality time" away from work.

I hope to return to enjoy some more time in the sun and at the hotel.

Dear JessieBun,

On behalf of the Westin team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor and for recommending the hotel.

We were very pleased to read that you were satisfied with the services and facilities offered and that your stay was comfortable and pleasant.

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us with your family during your visit to the island and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Warmest Regards,
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Excellent hotel, great views from our very spacious tower room and extra large balcony area.The pool areas were well maintained, no towels put on loungers early in morning to reserve them as there were more than enough well positioned loungers for everyone. Very relaxed atmosphere meals any time of day in your room.Staff very friendly and very helpful - made our stay really enjoyable. Special thanks to Michael Redfearn on the front desk; George who helped plan our trips - which were every bit value for money; Hristina from the restaurant area - very friendly and helpful and finally our room maid (we did not get her name) for keeping our room spotless and tidy. We have stayed in hotels all over the world - this is one of the best! . So if you looking for that special holiday, look no further than this hotel. We will be going back.

Room Tip: Tower room was one of the best in the hotel
Dear joyfiona,

Thank you so much for choosing the Westin Dragonara Resort and for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

We are very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Resort and that you were satisfied with the service of our staff and the facilities that we have to offer.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Be Well Be Westin,
Paris, France
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I stayed just one night the westin by happen. Then my god this hotel saved my whole trip!
I was supposed to stay at intercontinental hotel for 3 nights normally.
However when I was making a reservation by website, there was a new price appered for only the third night. The website said it can happen during the reservation but the price was raised for over 500€ per night in one minutes in front of my eyes. (at first 240€ x3nights then 240€x2nights plus 740€for 3rd night) I said it is not possible!!! I was really disturbed by this act. Anyway I rushed to make 2 first nights for intercontinental hotel in order to avoid another rate change. When I arrived to intercontinental, I was so sad and disapointed. Last
year we stayed at a meridien hotel,and had a very good stay. I really wished to bring my
boyfriend here with us.
Then I made to come back with him. However I found the hotel is very worn out. For my
standard, they were same categoly hotels. I regret so much but in vain. There is no view
or even worse ,like you are in a middle of construction. I never went out the balcon which was never been served I suppose. Extra bed we requested was so thin that you sleep better camping. I just wanted to leave from there and try a westin hotel.
After spending there 2 nights, just for sleep, finally We moved to the westin.
Rightafter we arrived to the westin, my soul and body felt so different.
I felt like I really breath. And finally I felt happy and be proud to my boyfriend.
I want to recommend this hotel to everyone who look for a relax quiet elegant but friendly
holiday.All the staffs were very efficient and friendly. Room was specious and clean and have a very nice view. The balcony is big enough and me and my boyfriend spent for a few moments just watching outside and relax Which became our preciois memory of our trip.
The dinner and breakfast was various and very good service off course. The beach , pools
area and all the facilities were excellenct. The snack at a swimming pool was good also.
Although our stay was a really short one but it reminds me even now...We forgot and bury
a bad experience from previous hotel. Just think about ournext trip to Malte and reserve our
unforgettable hotel, the westin.
For those who are thinking about which hotel and you can't decide yet. I can highly
recommend this hotel! Before I finish my writing, I would like to thank you Mr. Bugeja
,reservation manager who took care of us so sincerely. I was like a stranger who came just for a night but he treated us so nice and carefully. This is the another reason why I want to go back to the westin.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Mercier25
mariattard, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, responded to this review, 5 August 2011
Dear Mercier25,

We truly appreciate the time you have taken to place such a fantastic review following your most recent stay at the Westin Dragonara Resort.

Our aim is to make each guests' stay with us as heavenly and renewing as possible, so we are very pleased to see that you were satisfied with the service of our staff and the Resorts' facilities.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Westin Dragonara Resort and on behalf of the rest of the team, we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Haz-Zebbug, Malta
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This is the second time we have organised our staff dinner at Westin, and we are once again truly satisfied. They offer well set venues, which are happily situated by the Mediterranean sea; a delectable menu to choose from, which can be transformed to one's tastes; and very helpful and friendly staff compliment, making the event a most memorable one...

Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank MichelleBaldacchino
Dear MichelleBaldacchino,

On behalf of the Westin team, I would like to thank you for the great recommendation of the Westin Dragonara Resort.

We certainly do our utmost to make each and every guests' event the most accommodating and pleasant.

So we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service offered throughout the organisation as well as the actual event in itself.

Thank you for choosing us to host your event and we look forward to welcome you and your company back in the future.

Manassas, VA
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We loved the Westin Dragonara. Check-in at 1:00 a.m. was mooth. The front desk staff were smiling and joking, a wonderful treat after staying at the Mazzaro Sea Palace in Taormina. The hotel was huge, and the rooms was lovely. We had access to the Concierge floor and enjoyed ore-dinner drinks on their balcony. There are several pools, as well as access to the sea. The fine dining restaurant was excellent. We had a wonderful Napa Valley Cab (bottle), a nice respite from the local wines. The concierge was very helpful. The only suggestion we could make is to offer more choice in wines by the glass. The local Malta wines were the only ones available and the red tasted like it had turned to vinegar. The white was terrible also, The bar only offers Malta wine by the glass. Other than that, excellent hotel.

1 Thank EmilyManassas
Dear EmilyManassas,

Primarily, I would like to thank you for the great review you have kindly placed on Trip Advisor. We are really pleased to see that you were satisfied with the service offered by all members our team and our facilities.

However, with your permission allow me to mention that in our Lobby Bar we do also serve a selection of Wines of the World by the glass.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Westin Dragonara Resort and on behalf of the rest of the team, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We stayed for 7 nights and wish we could have stayed longer, from the extremely warm welcome we received upon arrival at 01.30hrs by Peter. To the excellent friendly service received by Pam, Marija & Yvonne in the exec lounge, in fact all staff were exceptional from Christine our Chambermaid to the Chef from Salisbury in England who provided the canapes in the evening, to the young lady who provided the blue beach towels and of course Emmanuel the concierge who was very pleasant and helpful in booking an excursion for us with the Sun & Fun team. Every team member we encountered was exceptional, I cannot fault anyone. There are only 2 negative points (and we had to really think about these) and neither particularly affected our enjoyment one was that the shower screen proved ineffective causing the bathroom floor to flood & one of the four lifts kept breaking down during the first half of our stay. Apart from that Excellent Quality, Excellent Hotel, Excellent Memories and 100% Excellent Staff. For us this was a 7 star experience.

Room Tip: If you use the balcony don't shut the patio door behind you completely, they only open from the...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mai4andy
Dear mai4andy,

On behalf of the Westin team, I would like to show our sincere appreciation for sharing your experience at the Westin Dragonara Resort with fellow travellers.

We certainly do our utmost to make your stay refreshing and renewing, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service and the location of the hotel.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future for another heavenly experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Julian's
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,324 reviews
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort
Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's

Been to The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta? Share your experiences!