“Lovely”

Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Moved to this hotel after an awful nights stay at a hotel in Bugibba. This hotel was great. The concierge staff were very friendly and attentive, especially one chap who wore a hat. I can't remember his name but he was amazingly helpful and almost knew what you needed before you asked.
The room was a good size. The terrace was much bigger than expected and it was lovely to lie on the sunbeds and enjoy the view of the sea.
Room service was good and I have to add that the desserts were amazing!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
MicallefStephanie, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Dear Maria121,

I happily read your feedback following your stay at the Westin Dragonara Resort.

Thank you for your comments regarding our concierge team. I am glad you have enjoyed our room service and had the chance to try our amazing desserts!

Stephanie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (728)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Sitrya
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We are owners of spa resort in Israel. We are visiting lot of hotels every year and we can compare. The Dragonara is a perfect place. Clean big room with king size double bed,view from the room is nice, breakfast is very good. The front office agent Mr Cedric gave us a worm hospitality and because of him and all the other stuff we shall return to this hotel again.Lot of restaurants, pubs arround the hotel, beautiful casino belongs to the hotel. We recommend it to our freinds.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank katz r
JonathanBorg, Manager at The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Dear katz r,

We are so glad you enjoyed yourselves!

Thank you for your kind words about Cedric and the rest of our team, we are indeed very pleased to be part of this great team!

We hope to welcome you and your family soon back to the resort.

Best regards,

Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Westin Dragonara for a week and really enjoyed our break. After an efficient check in Emmanuel brought our luggage to the room and explained not only about the hotel services but also told us a little about the surrounding area and interesting places to visit. Breakfast the next morning offered a great variety and the staff were friendly and attentive to our every need. Charles McAleff, one of the staff was friendly and cheerful and always had time for a chat and joke which started the day off for us on a pleasant note. We only stayed for bed and breakfast and made use of the hotel pool and spa. I would have appreciated bottled water in the room as I found I was thirsty through the night as I had usually finished water I had purchased. I would also suggest some time could be spent on the outside grounds at the front of the hotel as inside and also the pool area is kept in such beautiful condition, this would make all the difference. These are only a few points but all in all the staff made our stay a happy and relaxed one and I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: 5th floor - good view and quiet
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
JonathanBorg, Manager at The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Dear cyn d,

Greetings from The Westin Dragonara Resort and the Maltese Islands!

Thank you for making the time to write this review following you stay with us and for sharing your experience with fellow travellers. It is great to read your positive comments on Emmanuel and Charles, we are indeed very lucky to have them part of our team.

Your comment pertaining to bottled water has been well noted, we are currently working on updating our current in room amenities.

Should you be planning a return visit, please feel free to contact me directly, I will be more then happy to assist you with your travelling needs.

Jonathan

Zürich
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed at the Westin Dragonara for four nights during our stay in Malta. It's a five star hotel, but it has the feel of a 3 or 4 star. It doesn't look at all the same as on the pictures on the website, the hotel is in desperate need of refurbishment. The lobby is large and has a comfortable seating area, but there is no soul there, you don't feel at home and you prefer not to sit there for too long. The reception staff is friendly but made unappropriate remarks about my name, it didn't appreciate that at all. The neighbourhood of the hotel is very run-down and not very nice.

The standard deluxe room is nice with two king size beds, a large sea view balcony and a nice bathroom. The furniture is nice and the beds are very comfortable. There is no free internet in the room - I think, it can be expected for a five star hotel to offer free WLAN in the room for residents. There are many tv channels but there is no radio and no free music (you can buy music for 5 Euro). The rooms are generally quiet but we were awake every morning at around 6am, because of the cleaning crew. At 6am the cleaners clean the lobby and move around the chairs on the marble floor - the noise can be heard throughout the hotel, especially in the rooms on fifth floor.

We didn't use the pool area, as it was too cold to go for a swim. We did use the indoor pool in the gym, it's clean and the water is warm. The gym is not very nice as it is used by locals and it doesn't have a very exclusive feel about it. The local gym goers are very noisy, too.

The lobby bar is very nice and offers nice food. The staff however is impossibly slow, forgets orders (once I ordered a drink, reminded the waiter and still didn't get the drink). Also here inappropriate remarks were made, very annoying. The quite piano bar feeling gets disturbed by all the local gym goers that walk trough the bar in sweaty sports gear.

The stay was okay, but we will not be back and can't recommend the hotel. On our next trip we will stay at the Hilton Hotel nearby.

Room Tip: Don't chose a room on the fifth floor - very loud noises from the cleaning team in lobby.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank cyberbob2000
Dear cyberbob2000,

Primarily allow me to thank you for your constructive feedback following your stay at the Westin Dragonara Resort. We do apologize for not meeting your expectations during your most recent stay.

Your comments pertaining to the cleaning crew starting early have been well noted and shared with the executive housekeeper. I have read with concern that some inappropriate remarks were made; could you be so kind to contact me directly on jonathan.borg@westin.com and give us further details about this matter?

The fitness centre is indeed open to local members as well; however we do keep a maximum number of members who can enrol so that we do not overcrowd the gym.

Once again I apologize for not delivering the service to your satisfaction, and I do hope that you will give us another chance in proving that we can offer the 5 star service we are generally renowned for.

Best regards
Jonathan

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I travel to Malta occasionally, and I found this Hotel very good.

I would like free Water though, I have never had any in all the times I have stayed there.

It doesnt cost much, It makes a difference.. Especially in the scoring on my review.

Families seemed very happy there, and If my family were young, I would take them there..

Room Tip: BEWARE though. It's close to the club district, specify a back room if you dont like noise. On...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank froggy370
Dear froggy370,

Greetings from the Westin Dragonara Resort!

Thank you for your review following your stay at the resort and for your valuable feedback. Your comment regarding the bottled water has been well noted and shared with the management team.

Should you be planning a return visit please do not hesitate to contact me directly on stephanie.micallef@westin.com for any travel arrangements

Best Regards
manchester
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I booked this as a surprise for my partner and we were not disappointed. We arrived at the hotel and was amazed as we walked through the entrance. Check in was quick and the reception staff was very friendly. The room was amazing very clean and the beds were so comfortable. The facilities at the hotel are excellent and so are the staff, always asking if we were ok or needed anything. We stayed half board and the breakfast was fantastic and catered for every need. We dined in the evening at Quadro the staff very attentive, i don't eat seafood but thought I would give it a try, the staff told me the type of fish and it was just delicious, as was the other dishes I had.

This holiday was well worth the money and the hotel well deserves its reputation and 5 star rating, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Well done to all the staff for making this a wonderful holiday.

TIP: You have got to try the desserts at Quadro, my fav was chocolate shopping it was to die for.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank spacstan
Dear spacstan,

I am delighted to read that you had a great experience at the Westin Dragonara Resort.

The resort has spacious rooms which are equipped with the famous Heavenly Beds, which are very comfortable as you have well mentioned.

The Quadro restaurant offers a great menu variety. I happily read that you have decided to try one of our fish dishes and have like it as well as the other dishes at Quadro.

We hope to be able to welcome you back at the Westin Dragonara Resort for another holiday in the future. Should you be making any plans please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any accommodation arrangements on stephanie.micallef@westin.com

Mellieha
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Excellent business meeting rooms and services each time my company organised an event there. Very comfortable environment and all the facilities to hold meetings, not to mention excellent food and service offered at all our lunches and dinners!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Donnah_84
MicallefStephanie, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear Donnah_84,

Allow me to thank you for your review and for choosing the Westin Dragonara Resort for your business meetings.

As you have well mentioned, the hotel offers great facilities to hold meetings with excellent food and beverage venues.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor

Best Regards
Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's
The Palace
The Palace
#1 of 28 in Sliema

Been to The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta? Share your experiences!