We stayed at the Westin Dragonara for a week's holiday. Idea was a week when I didn't have to cook dinner, work full time, do all the housework and look after our 2 year old - I needed a real break! Hence deciding to go for luxury. Originally we had planned to stay at the Hilton where I have stayed before on business, but since it was full, we looked for other possibilities.
We couldn't have done better - the hotel, the facilities, the staff, the location - all was utterly perfect. And it wasn't their fault that the weather was a bit dodgy at the beginning of the week. We had a lovely room (all have a sea view) with huge covered balcony - all in great condition. The staff are outstanding here - very attentive, yet not at all over-present. They remember all sorts of small details about their guests. They were wonderful with our 2 year old - it's very child-friendly, without being child-focused. There is a kids club (not open out of season) which looked super, and they have endless very high quality high-chairs, and a substantial kids menu.
The door staff/concierges were excellent - I felt they really gave us advice tailored to our likely needs/preferences, rather than just saying the same things to everyone (I overheard several other conversations which support this view). The restaurant recommendations they made were spot on too!
The outdoor pool is beautiful (though was a bit nippy when we were there!), and they have a good fitness club and indoor pool.
We went everywhere by bus as we wanted to see as much of the island(s) as possible - and the hotel is in easy walking distance of a main bus hub / stops area - so it was very convenient. Being on its own little peninsula, you are not right in the heart of Paceville (the teens night life area!) so although you are close, one is totally unaware of it in the hotel.
The breakfast buffet was the best I have EVER seen (and I travel extensively on business so have a lot of breakfast experience!) - and never looked tired, even towards the end of the session, they still replenished. Huge selection and all super high quality.
Not sure what else I can say really - we had an ideal week there and would go back for sure. We also found it tremendously good value for money.
Oh - and the weather got better and better!!!
I would suggest Raffael's at the harbour for dinner, and Gozitano (which hotel recommends) also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suffused with the clear stillness of our refreshing seaside location, The Westin Dragonara Resort is a place where nothing matters except your delight. The resort rests on its 74,000 square metre peninsula like a crown jewel, with the azure waters of the Mediterranean lapping against two private beach lidos, their outdoor pools, gorgeous views and direct access to the sea. Recharge in our WestinWORKOUT® gym. Entertainment abounds, with diving, watersports, and Malta’s historic casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LateRooms, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Agoda, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Westin Dragonara Resort Malta
- Westin Dragonara Hotel Malta
- Dragonara Resort Malta
- Westin Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Westin
- Westin Dragonara Malta