Just returned from 4 beautiful days in Malta. It was our first trip to the Westin, although we have stayed at the Juliani, Hilton, and Meridien St Julians on other trips to Malta. The Westin compared favourably, but the Hilton remains our favourite overall.
We were a group of 6 coming to celebrate my mother and brother in laws birthdays. On arrival we had a lovely greeting by front desk and check in was pretty efficient considering there were 6 of us. I felt that the lobby area had been well maintained and there was a lovely view from the terrace.
We had booked the executive rooms which were large and comfortable. My only slight disappointment was the room didnt get the sun, but my parents room on the opposite side did. I didnt ask to change the room but I'm sure they would have been accommodating had I asked. The view over the sea was stunning though.
The executive lounge was a relaxing space but it could have been improved by a bigger choice of soft drinks and maybe a member of staff to make fresh coffees rather than a machine. The 6pm to 8pm canapes and drinks were nice though.
They arranged some cocktails for us in the lounge for a birthday surprise which was lovely and my mother and brother in law received a bottle of wine and card which was a special touch.
The concierge were very helpful and friendly and quick in organising restaurant reservations and spas.
My main disappointment was the breakfast in the terrace restaurant. The variety looked great but things didnt taste that good. The omelette mix tasted very strange and bitter, the pastries were rather stale and didnt seem fresh. The pancakes werent very nice either. The fruits and bread were nice.
The gym was very well equipped but was very hot, could have done with cranking up the AC!
Aside from the b/fast we all had a wonderful stay here and would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suffused with the clear stillness of our refreshing seaside location, The Westin Dragonara Resort is a place where nothing matters except your delight. The resort rests on its 74,000 square metre peninsula like a crown jewel, with the azure waters of the Mediterranean lapping against two private beach lidos, their outdoor pools, gorgeous views and direct access to the sea. Recharge in our WestinWORKOUT® gym. Entertainment abounds, with diving, watersports, and Malta’s historic casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Agoda, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Westin Dragonara Resort Malta
- Westin Dragonara Hotel Malta
- Dragonara Resort Malta
- Westin Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Westin
- Westin Dragonara Malta