We stayed six nights over Christmas and had a relaxing, peaceful time. Christmas is a magical time to visit Malta - there were nativity scenes all over the island and even in people's windows, which thoroughly delighted the kids. It wasn't the warmest Christmas (17C on Christmas day, but wind and rain many of the other days), but it was perhaps less crowded with tourists as a result.
We stayed in a junior suite with two queen size beds, and a little sitting area around the corner with sofa and extra TV, which was well worth it. The beds were comfortable and we had the added bonus of two balconies with views over the sea and the bay opposite.
The bathroom was a good size and clean, but could have done with a spot of renovation. There were a few watermarks here and there and the toilet flush had a small leak each time the toilet was flushed. When the maintenance man came to repair it, we were informed that he had to look for a replacement unit. The flush was never repaired but after it became clear that the whole bathroom would not be flooded - this proved to be only a minor irritation. The only other slight irritation was that they switch the hotel's air conditioning from cool to heat in November until around May, which meant that the room did get quite warm in the evenings (this is personal taste and may have suited some residents). Apart from these two small issues, everything else was great!
We were staying on a room only basis, this meant that we had the luxury of ordering breakfast in the room on a few occasions which we proceeded to have on our balcony. An experience that the whole family enjoyed! We visited most of the restaurants in the hotel and they were very good. We had a particularly enjoyable Christmas buffet in the hotel, which we did not pre-book. However, the staff went out of the way to accommodate us at the buffet (which was fully booked) as we were hotel residents.
I think this sums up the essence of what makes this a great hotel - the staff went out of the way to help you. Right from the friendly and efficient check-in (where Anna should get a special mention), thorugh to the concierge trying to find us alternative restuarants at Christmas, through to the staff in the lobby bar who arranged breakfast for us there, even though it was not being served. All the staff went out of the way to help us. As an indication of how much the whole family enjoyed themselves, our eldest daughter refused to leave the hotel when we had to check out!
I would definitely recommend the hotel to others visiting Malta!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suffused with the clear stillness of our refreshing seaside location, The Westin Dragonara Resort is a place where nothing matters except your delight. The resort rests on its 74,000 square metre peninsula like a crown jewel, with the azure waters of the Mediterranean lapping against two private beach lidos, their outdoor pools, gorgeous views and direct access to the sea. Recharge in our WestinWORKOUT® gym. Entertainment abounds, with diving, watersports, and Malta’s historic casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood EMEA, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Westin Dragonara Resort Malta
- Westin Dragonara Hotel Malta
- Dragonara Resort Malta
- Westin Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Westin
- Westin Dragonara Malta