This was my first visit to Malta. I did my homework before I booked this resort for a 5 night stay and was full of anticipation.
I love the Med and consider it part of my blood. I love cruising on my boat in many parts from East to West. However, Malta has somehow escaped an opportunity to visit.
I have had a good incentive to visit on this occasion,meeting my daughter and her boyfriend who live on the island, and looked forward to it.
Well, on an island like this you want to be where you are surrounded by magnificient Med views which I am partial to.
I was received at check in by a very friendly member of staff who has allocated for me a wonderful suite, which was a great upgrade as an SPG platinum member, with those views to die for, the sea, the pool and the lovely shore surrowndings. The suite was Fab, so spacious and comfortable with lovely 2 balconies(you don't need to guess what the views were like.!!) and a bathroom that I wish I could have the like of at home.
The weather was somewhat cooler than expected for that time of year but was dry and mostly sunny. I therefore,took the opportunity to visit most of the scenic and historical parts of Malta instead of lazing around the hotel's inviting pool.
The resort has fantastic facilities and restaurants but I started my days having a wonderful breakfast in the club lounge, where we met Pam, a most friendly hospitable lady,originally from Texas, who married and lived in Malta for years, who looked after us and made sure that we had the best start for any day. And the happy hour in the lounge is not to be missed.
We visited Mdina, Valletta's old town, southern Malta where we had a lovely lunch near a fishing village, and just before leaving had a drink in Portomaso(which is a walking distace from the hotel). Portomaso with a beautiful fully sheltered modern marina surrounded by the Hilton on one side and chic buildings on the opposite side, is a gem. I was so tempted to bring my boat here for permanent mooring. You can have a lovely meal in some nice restaurants with lovely views of the marina and water.
I chose the green option while in the hotel, which meant no room service for those days. We had enough towels and kept our room tidy which is what we all do at home, so why not in a hotel? There is a nominal incentive gift for doing this, but the idea itself is wonderful.
I have many fond memories of this first visit, all made possible by a wonderful stay at this Wonderful establishment, in a most magnificient location, so beautiful, elegant and made complete by the exquisite perfect hospitality of all staff.
Thanks to all involved..I will be back as soon as an opportunity arises...How about cruising that boat across the Med and anchoring in that bay just facing the resort...? I will keep on dreaming...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suffused with the clear stillness of our refreshing seaside location, The Westin Dragonara Resort is a place where nothing matters except your delight. The resort rests on its 74,000 square metre peninsula like a crown jewel, with the azure waters of the Mediterranean lapping against two private beach lidos, their outdoor pools, gorgeous views and direct access to the sea. Recharge in our WestinWORKOUT® gym. Entertainment abounds, with diving, watersports, and Malta’s historic casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Prestigia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Westin Dragonara Resort Malta
- Westin Dragonara Hotel Malta
- Dragonara Resort Malta
- Westin Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Westin
- Westin Dragonara Malta