We stayed in the westin for our wedding. We had a fantastic time and the staff went out of their way to make sure we had a wonderful stay. The view from the hotel was amazing, the rooms were very large and we had an abundance of clean towels and toiletries everyday. The breakfast was amazing with a wide range of hot and cold breakfast foods (Fried food, omelettes made in front of you, fruit, yogurt, cereal, pancakes, the list goes on...). The staff anwered any queries immediately and really helped us with last minute wedding prep. We loved it and cannot wait to go back.
I have one negative which relates to the hairdresser within the resort. I understand this to be seperate from the hotel itself however given that the business cards in the hairdressers reference the hotel and even have a Westin Hotel Extension I must include this to worn other brides. The bridal paty had their wedding done by the hairdressers on site called "Le Salon." It was the only fault which we had during our whole wedding day which is a pity. I had a hair trial done by Rose in the salon and when I showed her what I wanted she said no. This should have been enough for me to cancel her for the wedding but I still hoped all would be ok and so my bridesmaids and I had our hair put up by Rose. She again refused to do the hair which I asked for on the day and not only did my bridesmaid have completely different hairstyles with the hair slides in two totally different places, she had an extremely bad attitude. My hair looked fine on leaving (despite being nothing like I asked for, and very simple/amateur) however in some of my wedding photos, my hair is falling out and untidy. Unfortunately this has ruined quite a few photos. During the evening I had to add extra clips to help stop it falling out all together. For someone who i thought to be an experienced professional, she upset the entire wedding party and shouted at me repeatedly when I told her what I wanted to the point where I had to let her do her own thing. Such a shame and have never experienced anything like this in a hairdressers. Furthermore, Rose promised to come put my veil in before we left for the church and we arranged to pay her after. She did not show up and instead rang me 5 mins before we were due to leave to ask who was coming to settle the bill (this was paid the next day).
Overall, perfect faultless hotel with the friendliest staff and best service I have ever experienced but if getting married do not book the hairdressers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suffused with the clear stillness of our refreshing seaside location, The Westin Dragonara Resort is a place where nothing matters except your delight. The resort rests on its 74,000 square metre peninsula like a crown jewel, with the azure waters of the Mediterranean lapping against two private beach lidos, their outdoor pools, gorgeous views and direct access to the sea. Recharge in our WestinWORKOUT® gym. Entertainment abounds, with diving, watersports, and Malta’s historic casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Prestigia, Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Westin Dragonara Resort Malta
- Westin Dragonara Hotel Malta
- Dragonara Resort Malta
- Westin Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Westin
- Westin Dragonara Malta