The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta
  • Breakfast included
Burlington Apartments(Saint Julian's)
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
Alexandra Hotel Malta(Saint Julian's)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
The George Hotel(Saint Julian's)
Hotel Valentina(Saint Julian's)
View Hotel
Sun And Fun Hotel(Saint Julian's)
  • Free Internet
Tropicana Hotel(Saint Julian's)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
DDream Hotel(Saint Julian's)
  • Bar/Lounge
3,601 results
All reviewstower roomquadro restaurantterrace restaurantlobby barrobert vellakids clubsea viewexecutive clubspecial thanksindoor poollarge balconyfantastic hotelfive star hotelprivate beachsun loungersst juliansplenty of sunbeds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My six day holiday at the Weston came to an end and I would like to leave some comments about the service provided. I loved the service at the lobby and I would like primarily to thank Kais and Ramon both were excellent in their service. They treated me with a true passion. Also I wouldlike to thank the doorman Emmanuel Filletti. He Iis truly hospitable and a friendly guy. I would also like to thank everyone at front office especially Cedric Baldacchino for his hospitality. These people I just mentioned are a true assett for this hotel and I do hope that these comments will be treated with importancy.

• Stayed: July 2014
MicallefStephanie, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear francofava,

Thank you for staying at the Westin Dragonara Resort and for sharing your comments following your experience.

We are very happy to have Kais, Ramon, Emmanuel and Cedric part of our team and your comments will certainly be shared. Gladly we note that you have enjoyed your six day holiday and we look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back.

Best regards

Reviewed 13 July 2014

A special thank you to Wedding Specialist Mr. Robert Vella, Banqueting Manager Mr. Pierre Scicluna and all the team at Westin which helped make our special night an unforgettable one. Everything was professionally prepared and all that was promised was delivered. Truly a first class service.

Room Tip: Take the Tower Room!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank _Zefi_malta
MicallefStephanie, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear _Zefi_malta,

Many congratulations on your wedding!

Thank you for choosing the Westin Dragonara Resort for this special occasion and for your comments following your wedding. We are very happy to have Robert and Pierre part of our team. Indeed, together with the rest of the team, they make sure to look into every detail to deliver an unforgettable experience.

Once again, we thank you for your comments

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights at Westin and we liked eveything. The staff is friendly, the breakfast is excellent, and the grill terace we liked very much. We were wellcomed by the manager and nothing was to much trouble. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Venezia L

Dear Venezia L,

Allow us to thank you for your time to share your experience with fellow travellers.

Gladly we read in your comments that you have enjoyed this visit as well as the breakfast and Terrace Grill.

The Terrace Grill indeed offers a wonderful selection of items during the evening buffet, different theme every day.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

If there was a three and a half I would rate it as such as I feel it wasn't the full 4 out of five but doesn't deserve an average either.

We stayed in another 5 star hotel in Gozo before we came here and the standards were very different.

For example, at the price of our room here in a 5 star hotel you would expect that wifi would be complimentary, as is in the other hotels around Malta. It is only free in the lobby and you need to log in every time, the connection also isn't very fast but you can pay for 'premium' speed. It's a small touch that should be rectified.

The other facilities were very good and we enjoyed our stay, the beach area by the sea is especially good and the views were spectacular.

It was more the small details that didn't live up to our expectations. The concierge desk was less than helpful and at one stage when asking for directions it seemed that we were an inconvenience to the man at the desk and he just wanted to get rid of us so he could do something else. It made us not want to go back after we had the experience a second time.

We arrived and checked in on our honeymoon to find they had put us in a room with 2 single beds! When we asked to change they obliged us and we were given another room with a 'sea view'. Technically, if the balcony is part of the room then we did have a sea view.

The breakfast was very good except that the coffee was a really poor quality, the cappuccino or latte are made with a machine that you just press the buttons and the americanos are just average, again it was the small things that let us down.

The hotel advertises a huge consideration for the environment and their 'green' approach. We were delighted to see this and even see that the room had separate bins for plastic, paper and glass. However, when we arrived back to our room after breakfast one day we watched as the maid emptied the contents of each bag into the same bin, making it all a waste of time and good publicity on the part of the hotel. I hope this was a singular event.

On the up side, the rest of the staff were very friendly and helpful, we overall enjoyed our experience here but I think if some small changes were made it would fully deserve it's 5 stars.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank kyle P

Dear kyle P,

Allow us to thank you for your comments following your stay at the Resort.

The items you highlighted have been well noted and shared with our management team for their actions. We regret to read that we did not manage to fully meet your expectations and for this we apologise. We appreciate the time you have taken to share with us these comments, as it is through such feedback that we can continue to improve on our service.

Once again, we thank you for your comments and for choosing the Westin Dragonara Resort. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Resort in the near future and should this be the case please do not hesitate to contact me directly on stephanie.micallef@westin.com for any accommodation arrangements.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stay at The Westin Dragonara frequently and am extremely well looked after, on my summer visit I celebrated my 63rd birthday with a party for friends held in the Westin Executive Club lounge, which was quite exceptional.

I left the arrangements entirely to the Chefs and staff and everything was totally to my satisfaction.

An open bar which was hosted by one of the senior waiters and the food was so plentiful and of superb quality, with a senior Chef at hand to serve.

With over 50 guests and without exception everyone was so impressed.

The senior Management Team have an eye for perfection and this event was no exception I am very grateful

Room Tip: The hotel is rightly very busy all year round so book well in advance, Maltese people are very friendly please do not abuse this.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear RKHKent,

Thank you for choosing the Westin Dragonara Resort for this very special event!

Gladly we note that you and your guests have enjoyed the party held at the Westin Executive Lounge.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Resort and for your wonderful comments following this experience.