We had 36 hours in Malta to kill and if you know Malta then you'll know that it's not the most picturesque place in the world. We decided to book into a resort type hotel and kill the time there. We couldn't have picked better.
I booked my room over the telephone for £72, for that we got an oversized double room with 2 queen beds, made up in the usual Westin Heavenly Bed manner, and beautifully furnished, a splendind bathroom and a balcony looking out to sea. It was 100 degrees plus outside and was pleased to retreat into the aircon comfort of our room.
We ate in the seafood restaurant attached to the hotel which was excellent, but the most pricey of the various hotel reataurants. We had breakfast in the room, again pricey but beautifully presented and delicious.
We swam in both pools, the salt water and the fresh water but both were too warm so resoted to the sea which was at least 5 degrees cooler. The pools were very crowded and the hotel could benefit from closing public acces to the saltwater pool in the mid-high season.
The staff were, as ever at Westin hotels, superb and when we asked if we could retain our room for an extra 6 hours this was no problem and we were only charged an extra £20, very reasonable compared to many other hotels I have tried this at.
I would go back any time - if only it wasn't in Malta!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suffused with the clear stillness of our refreshing seaside location, The Westin Dragonara Resort is a place where nothing matters except your delight. The resort rests on its 74,000 square metre peninsula like a crown jewel, with the azure waters of the Mediterranean lapping against two private beach lidos, their outdoor pools, gorgeous views and direct access to the sea. Recharge in our WestinWORKOUT® gym. Entertainment abounds, with diving, watersports, and Malta’s historic casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo and LoveHolidays so you can book your The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Westin Dragonara Resort Malta
- Westin Dragonara Hotel Malta
- Dragonara Resort Malta
- Westin Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Westin
- Westin Dragonara Malta