15 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$312
Booking.comUS$312
Hotels.comUS$312
PricelineUS$312
CheapTicketsUS$312
TravelocityUS$312
4,256 results
All reviews tower room reef club quadro restaurant terrace restaurant lobby bar kids club sea view the executive lounge large balcony fantastic hotel private beach plenty of sunbeds spinola bay concierge pools malta gym
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 August 2019

A five-star hotel should allow the customer to be pampered and feel at the center of attention. In this hotel the staff shows to be disorganized and devoid of affection towards the customer ... I travel a lot for business, and this was the worst experience I never had in a luxury hotels.

Date of stay: August 2019
jelenapremovic, Operation Executive at The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2019

Dear Mr. Maurizio_disalvo,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay in our hotel.

Our teams are keen to know what went wrong during your stay. It would be very helpful if you could provide us with any further feedback you might have regarding your stay. Your comments are paramount for us to ensure we always provide the highest level of service and product to all our guests.

Once again, we are sorry to see that your stay was not enjoyable with us and we hope to receive your further feedback.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally on jelena.premovic@westin.com with any further comments and we do hope we can welcome you again to our hotel for a different experience.

Jelena Premovic
Operation Executive

Reviewed 27 August 2019

This is my 7th visit in 3 years so no need to say I'm a fan of this hotel.

I have stayed in a variety of rooms from deluxe sea view to a luxury bay suite. Our usual room is an executive club room as we find the use of the executive lounge to be a real plus. We don't use it for breakfast as prefer the choice in the main breakfast area even though it does get busy. We use it for snacks and soft drinks during the day and enjoy the pre dinner snacks and alcoholic drinks from 6-8pm in an evening. Special mention to Katarina, lovely girl from Serbia who remembered my name from only meeting her last year.

We don't use the pools but there always seems to be beds available. We prefer to go to the reef club and use the beds at the sea front, the sea is amazing. Jelly fish do appear every now and then so just be aware. My son has been stung previously but managed to avoid them this year, however he did get a nasty stinging rash off the ropes in the sea. Apparently it's the grass that's on them that causes it so don't hang on the ropes!

The staff in the hotel are always professional and helpful.

My only niggle this year and it's very small would be that I had separate bookings as I was using points for a night. The first room was a standard room for 2 nights, they gave us a room on the 8th floor which was lovely then on the 5 nights I'd booked an exec room I got moved to the 7th floor. I felt slightly "downgraded" I did ask to stay in the same room but the hotel was full and they needed the room.

Also when I check in I like that they welcome you back and I have a welcome back gift, usually a bottle of wine in the room but that didn't happen this year. It may be to do with it changing to a Marriott. Only small things but these small things make a difference to me and what makes me choose a certain hotel over another.

Overall another fantastic stay at The Westin, thank you.

1  Thank emma b
Reviewed 27 August 2019

Booked one night at this Hotel as a stop over before traveling to Golden Bay for a weeks stay in Malta. We paid approx £250 for a family room. When we booked in (5pm ish) they gave us the room keys and told we were on the third floor. When we entered the room it had a very bad smell either of smoke or damp. The smell was so strong we called reception they said they would send someone down. 10 mins passed no one arrived. I called again and after another 10 mins a lady arrived (note we had been traveling since early that morning). We expressed the problem...her answer was...it must be the sea smell..I swiftly told her that I’d stayed in lots of room facing the sea that never smelt like this. She offered to use some air spray to freshen up the room. At that point I’d had enough of the BS and dragged my family back to the reception (through the corridors which also smelt really bad as well. The so called duty manager (pretty lady with no heart) listen to the issue and offered us a suite for extra 100 euro’s that’s all she had. I was loosing my Rag...calm Wifey steps in and after 10 mins of the DM tapping on her keyboard she manages to find by pure miracle a room on the 7th floor. The room and view was as we expected in the first place. I think this hotel has a real problem with damp in the very outdated rooms on 3rd floor. You have been warned...do check the floor you’ve been given before you travel or you could be in for a nasty surprise !

1  Thank DSMUK

Dear DSMUK,

We recognize your time is valuable and appreciate the feedback you have provided regarding your recent stay in our hotel.

Maintaining a fresh atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is always a key priority. On behalf of the entire team at the Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, I sincerely apologize for falling short of not only meeting your expectations but ours as well. Rest assured, the feedback provided will be shared with the appropriate hotel team to ensure we consistently deliver upon guest expectations. Housekeeping and Maintenance teams have been made aware of the issues and will take any actions necessary.

Thank you for choosing us to accommodate you during your travels. Once again, please accept our sincere apologies that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us on this occasion. We hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you back to Malta. Please do not hesitate to contact any of our team members if you plan to return to our hotel so we could ensure you have a memorable stay.

Jelena Premovic
Operation Executive
jelena.premovic@westin.com

Reviewed 27 August 2019 via mobile

Excellent holiday to Malta the stuff over all very friendly and helpful
Darren was excellent communicator and smart gentlemen
He makes our stay extra special
The price in the hotel very acceptable
You feel welcome all the time

Reviewed 24 August 2019 via mobile

My wife and I stayed 4 nights here and it was phenomenal. Views were amazing, food fantastic and the staff was the best. Special shout out to Pam, Dani, Katarina and Dragica who were exceptional. The hotel had two awesome pools and plenty of beach chairs all around the Sea. Centrally located to where you’re walking distance from some great food/bar options. 10/10

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple