“Fantastic staff”

Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I have stayed here twice now on my family holiday and can highly recommend the hotel.
The staff were exceptionally nice and were most helpful.
The bars and restaurants were excellent. The breakfast was a real delight every day with everything you could want on offer. I loved the salt water pool area and the hotel offers amazing views of the Med. The bathrooms, although very clean could do with a makeover but that is the only negative point. I can't wait to go back again next year.

Room Tip: Corner suits are large and sunny and really recommended
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank penstonm
aaron_vella, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers. It is indeed a pleasure to learn that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to the area.

Aaron Vella

Write a ReviewReviews (2,743)

Reviewed 8 September 2012

Wifes birthday on arrival so I arranged a bouquet of flowers, left on drawers, three requests later I obtained a vase. This was our fourth visit to the Radisson. Day two The Edge restaurant waited an hour for our food, they removed the cost from the bill. Pool umbrellas, placed up for protecetion to be told by the pool boy that i would have to take it down as they were expecting high winds, I explained that once the winds arrived I would take it down,I must look very stupid.
Staff in general very pleasant, though I found that several had hearing problems, food good.
My main gripe was water from the room bar 5 Euros for a small bottle!!!!! From the pool bar 2.50 Euros for a much larger one. Every day I had a letter requesting that I pay my bill, I was on holiday when I queried this I was told it was company policy.
We wont be going there again I can assure you. Needs a big kick up the .................

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
aaron_vella, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking your time to review our resort. We are sorry to hear that your experience was not entirely positive. Your comments have been shared with the people concerned to ensure that every little detail is looked into. On the other hand it is great to learn that you found our staff to be pleasant and our food good.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

I stayed here in April 2012 for 3 nights. I thought it was a great hotel for the price. Yes, it is a bit dated, however our room was spacious and clean with a lovely view from our balcony. Most of the staff was very friendly and helpful, especially the concierge who helped us rent a car at the last minute and showed us on the map where we should drive and how to get to Gozo. We enjoyed the breakfast, the spread was quite extensive. I agree that it is not a 5 star on an international standard, but I'm not sure how it compares to other hotels in Malta. I really liked the location because it was in a quiter part of St. Julian's. We ordered from the restaurant a couple times, while lounging by the pool and really enjoyed the food! I think this hotel is a great value, not a five star, but a clean and comfortable stay. I would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
aaron_vella, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality and look forward to repeating the same high level of service next time round.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Our first impression was that the hotel  is in a classical style, like you see in those old movies. I do agree that the staff is trying to keep their guests happy. Our room was in perfect condition and very welcoming, but not the bathrooms. The room was cleaned every day and the minibar was always fully stocked. Nevertheless when ever we had special requirements the staff was always there to assist us especially the always smiling girls at reception! The hotel does need an upgrade to become a proper 5 star hotel again.

Thank you to all the staff we were in contact with and hoping in seeing you again soon.

Room Tip: nice location, nice views and nice staff
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Antdup
aaron_vella, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality and wish to return. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

I have recently returned from a two week holiday at the above hotel. As my title suggests I was not impressed. I was only offered a welcome drink on arrival when I requested one! As other reviews suggest this is no longer a 5 star hotel. The rooms are badly in need of refurbishment and I cannot remember the last time I saw a television like the ones they have in the rooms. During my two week stay I did not see any managers going around the hotel checking that everything was in order. Unlike when Ernest Barry was manager you constantly saw him in the hotel and in the area around The Edge and the swimming pools. With regard to the Edge Restaurant, this cannot be classified as a restaurant in this hotel as it is only open for lunch and twice a week, Wednesday and Sunday for a barbeque, that is of course unless they get a better offer and hold a function. Of course when holding these functions no regard is giving to residents who have a rental car. Frequently we arrived back at the hotel and could not find a parking space. So actually there are only two restaurants. One of those being a buffet restaurant. Also regarding the rule for reserving sunbeds this 'rule' does not exist as frequently the 'prime' sunbeds were reserved with towels folded and I never saw anyone remove those towels. There is only one toilet for each gender. The ladies toilet is frequently used by locals as a changing room, and were not cleaned often enough. Also you do not expect to find cheap white dirty plastic tables in a five star resort. This furniture is also used on the balconies of the bedrooms and I doubt very much if they have ever been cleaned.

The staff have my full praise as I think they are fighting a loosing battle trying to keep visitors happy against all the odds.

This hotel is in a wonderful spot with great views, it is a pity that everything else is letting it down.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank comino
aaron_vella, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us once again and for sharing your experience with other travellers. We are sorry to hear that the hotel did not succeed in reaching your expectations this time. I would like to invite you to contact me directly on aaron.vella@radissonblu.com to be able to discuss your experience in greater detail.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit,

Reviewed 31 August 2012

We have just arrived today and I am heartily wishing we had booked elsewhere. Good point:
On arrival we were greeted by two lovely ladies at reception.
Our checking in was as expected. It goes downhill from now on.
Normally I would expect the offer of a cold drink at an establishment that is ranked 5 star. However, we were happy enough to go to our room. The carpet outside our room was spotted and stained , bur fair enough I could see maintenance signs and yes it looked tired, the door was scuffed, but as long as the room was fresh and clean, I would be happy. Not so. One side of the bed looked unmade. I pulled the cover back to find a large blood stain. We rang the concierge who asked if we wanted housekeeping. Well no actually....feeling a bit sick... I wanted another room. While we waited and waited and waited we could see what looked like a large splatter of blood across the bottom of the curtain. In the interminable wait for someone to come....I started to wonder what those stains on the carpet outside the room were.....
Ugh.
A representative eventually came checked the bed, ...no comment to us and then said that the stain on the curtain was probably something else.......(such as???) She spoke to the housekeeper in Maltese and told her the sheets were blood stained. She then took us to a new room as tired looking as the first but with clean sheets....and with a fabulous view of the car park.

Upgrade? No. Bottle of wine perhaps? No. Apology.?
Other than saying the room should not look like this and asking us if it was our first time in
Malta....and there's lots to see......why don't you check with the desk staff.....

I noticed on the counter a slogan of some sorts that says 100 percent satisfaction.........
What with?
Terrible error by housekeeping compounded by disinterest (presumably by some kind of manager- ) she did not introduce herself. Pretty poor Raddison Blu. We won't be back.

Room Tip: Don't come here!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Julie A

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to review our resort. We are sorry to learn that your experience was not so positive on your first day. We understand that this matter was discussed and resolved during your stay. We sincerely hope that this experience will not deter you from returning and I would like to invite you to contact me directly on aaron.vella@radissonblu.com should your travels ever bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

The communal facilities at this hotel are good and the staff on the whole were helpful and friendly. The concierge service was excellent.
the guest rooms in the hotel let it down. Our room was in desperate need of refurbishing (mouldy grout in bathroom, old tv, dirty plastic balcony furniture). We were not offered a welcome drink and we only received one bottle of complimentary water during our stay. We had to request flannels on a couple of occasions as these were never replaced.
The breakfast was very expensive and there was a limited range of food. There was a long queue for eggs as only one chef was available to cook both omelettes and fried eggs.
The hotel does not deserve a 5 star rating.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vonn1e

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you found our team to be pleasant and our concierge to be excellent. On the other hand we are sorry to hear that the room did not reach your expectations and would like to invite you to write back to me directly on aaron.vella@radissonblu.com with more information regarding your stay. We look forward to hearing from you,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Julian's
InterContinental Malta
InterContinental Malta
#12 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's? Share your experiences!