“Can't be bad if I return within 6 months of my first visit”

Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Beijing, China
“Can't be bad if I return within 6 months of my first visit”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

General

My first visit to this hotel was back in June 2013. There were a couple of meal related issues that I detracted from the visit and some decor issues that I raised in my Tripadvisor report.. but how did it rate this time...?

Location

The hotel is located at the tip of St Georges Bay. If most people staying here wanted to go to Valetta, they would have a bus journey, or potentially expensive taxi journey to get there. I like walking, so enjoyed the brisk 2hr walk to get there. The hotel is approx 15-20 mins away from the airport by car. If you want to ensure you are not ripped off by the taxis (they are bad), book your airport transfer through the hotel.

Reception - Checking In

As with the last visit, the reception staff were great and the check-in process was very smooth.

Room

The room this time was a very large room, with a double aspect - both windows overlooking the sea and both with doors leading on to the balcony / terrace. The balcony / terrace was massive with sunbeds, tables and chairs to enjoy the views. Back inside to room, the bedroom was bright and well furnished and had the usual mini-bar and a flat panel TV. The room had air-con with it's own controls, but seemed to struggle to keep the room warm in the rather unseasonal weather we experienced. However, we raised the issue at a "Meet the Management" drinks evening and by the time we returned to the room, a heater had been provided. The room was clean and well furnished, though I believe some of the furniture is a bit tired. The en-suite appeared to be new. It was modern and very pleasant. Seperating the en-suite from the bedroom, there were glass sliding doors that let light into the bathroom... but keep preying eyes out!

Dining / Bars

On this visit, we only are in the hotel at breakfast time. The cooked buffet breakfast was excellent and I enjoyed every breakfast in this week long visit.

Bars - Bar (!) the drinks with the management, which were in the small bar across from the reception, we had a few drinks in the Bridge Bar on several of the evenings. We enjoyed standing at the bar (could do with some bar stools though!) and chatting to the staff. On a couple of the evenings there were singers in providing entertainment and some of the "Strictly Come Dancing" viewers were up setting the dance floor alight!

Fitness Room

As the weather was rather cool, wet and windy throughout most of my stay, the outdoor facilities could not be used. However, I did use the cross trainer in the Fitness Room on several occasions to run off the beers from the night before. There was a lot of equipment in the fitness room and I didn't look to closely at the rest of the equipment, but the 3 cross trainers were very tired (perhaps I have been spoilt as I recently joined the Fitness Club at a new Radisson in Istanbul that has brand new equipment). Perhaps whoever manages the Fitness room should have a plan for upgrading the equipment.

Cleanliness

The hotel appeared to be clean throughout the areas I visited. No issues here!

Staff

As with the last visit, the staff were all excellent. They were all very pleasant and attentive - Still the hotels greatest asset. Special mention to The guest relations manager that we spoke to at the "Meet the Management" evening (SORRY! I can't remember the name, and THANKS for the heater) and Theo in the bar.

Other

The "Meet the Management" drinks session is a great idea and is a great forum for customers to convey any concerns / issues before they leave the hotel. - Or for customers to tell the Management about what they like about the hotel and their visit. It's best for all parties if any issues are raised before the stay ends and the Tripadvisor reports are written.

Will I be back - YES... Looking to book for the week of the 50th Anniversary of Malta's independence in 2014.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank IainHJack
Aaron V, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for returning and for taking your time to review our hotel once again in such great detail. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We will certainly pass on your comments to Dorianne our Guest Relations Manager and Theo in The Bridge. May we look forward to your nest visit in 2014.

Aaron Vella

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Accrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Booked with Thomas Cook through Althams Rawtenstall top class. Hotel all amenities very good. Room clean comfortable balcony sea view food very good breakfast excellent attentive staff throughout. Best Hotel I've stayed in, in last twenty years. Good situation to visit all of island

Room Tip: All rooms had a balcony ours overlooked pool but not noisy
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Soulbarn
Aaron V, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with future travellers. We are pleased to hear your stay was comfortable and you found our team members obliging and helpful. May we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit,

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

I went for the Radisson blu as I stayed in one several years ago. The checking was super fast and friendly but had to wait for 30minutes till the room was ready.
After a long flight I ordered room service which took 20 minutes and was served with a smile.
Room was clean but the TV had its days heydays probably 25 years ago and 10 channels to choose from wasn't really what I expected but I didn't come here to watch TV.
Bed and sleep was super comfy.
The breakfast the following mornings were the biggest disappointment of the whole stay. I found the food rather tasteless and plates not properly cleaned. If it wouldn't rain the following mornings I'd looks for another place.
For lunch I tried the hotel restaurant and the food was great although it took a while.
The pools and I counted about 3 of them looked clean and had great views. Weather wasn't that great so I didn't took a dip.
Check-out on the following day was fast and the personnel very helpful and friendly.
Except for the breakfast I had a good stay.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DANYSTYLE
Aaron V, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with future travellers. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are sorry to hear about your dissappointment with the breakfast. This is certainly not indicative of feedback we regularly receive from other guests. Should you find some time to contact me directly on aaron.vella@radissonblu.com with some more information about this experience it would be a great help to enable us to look into the matter further. All your other comments and suggestions have been taken on board to improve any other areas you kindly highlighted. I look forward to hearing from you in the hope of welcoming you back on your next visit,

hofstade
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We spend 2 superb weeks in this well situated nice hotel.

We had a quiet room on the 6st floor with seaview.
The staff is very friendly and the service very good.
The breakfast is excellent and it was very pleasant to eat outside on the terrace.
Also the happy hour in the bar attracted lots of guests.
We will advice this hotel to our friends.

Room Tip: Take an upgrade for a room with seaview and ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
aaron_vella, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Resort St. Julian's for your holidays. We are pleased to hear your stay was comfortable and you enjoyed the food on the terrace and had the opportunity of benefitting from our happy hour in 'The Bridge'. May we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit,

Sterliing Hts, MI USA
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The hotel is very clean, comfortable, and the service provided by the staff was outstanding. The view of the Mediteranean Sea from my guest room as well as from the meeting room balcony was spectacular. A special thank you to Kim and Iain at the front desk who assisted me with booking a room at thr Park Inn by Radisson at the Frankfurt airport for my return home. My experience at the Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's was so rewarding that I am not looking forward to leaving.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
aaron_vella, Rooms Divsion Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear your experience was positive. We will certainly share your comments with Kim and Iain. We are delighted to hear that both succeeded in taking care of your needs. May we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit,

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

My first impression on arrival Thursday evening,October 31st was very good. It was even better when the following morning early I opened the balcony doors and saw the view! Wow . We booked a trip to Gozo and the heavens opened up and it rained all morning but was still warm was wondering if we should turn back at this point, but we decided to go ahead and take a chance. As it happened the afternoon turned out just perfect. Back at the hotel we were too tired to go for dinner so ordered room service , just brilliant great food good quality. The staff were all doing a great job as someone mentioned Joseph , he also helped us with local knowledge & bus routes. The rooms were very clean my floor was wooden & polished (as one review mentioned dirty carpets) I did not see any dirt not a spec. I used the gym a few days before breakfast well equipped, small indoor pool with sauna and jacuzzi robes and towels provided. There were tennis courts gardens and views looking out to sea outdoor pools salt water noticed a sign near the pool area stating that TOWELS LEFT ON CHAIRS UNATTENDED WILL BE REMOVED! I liked that as it's a pet hate when on holiday. You just want a short dip and dry off in the sun only to find towel possessed chairs . Breakfasts were as you would imagine in a 5 star from fresh fruit , smoothie drinks ,and cooked full English , to freshly made omelet of your choice, bio drinks ryvita , local cheese, smoked salmon ....plenty to keep you going. If you get a good deal on this hotel it's well worth it as a base to explore Malta.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Resort St. Julian's and for reviewing our hotel is such great detail. It is great to hear that your experience was entirely positive. We will certainly be sharing your review with Joseph and all our team members who greatly contribute to such experiences. May we look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

we have being going to malta for 30 years and this hotel is the best hotel we have sampled yet. The staff were helpful and always friendly. The hotel rooms were modern and very clean. The selection at breakfast was superb nothing being left to chance. A special mention to the hotel taxi driver Ray who took us to the airport in rush hour traffic curtious, friendly and one hell of a driver getting us to the airport on time despite the traffic.Our best break of all time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
aaron_vella, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with future travellers. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. Of course we will be sharing your feedback with Ray and all other team members. We look forward to your next visit,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Julian's
InterContinental Malta
InterContinental Malta
#12 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's? Share your experiences!