“Relaxing holidays with great service”

Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I traveled with my partner to Malta for holidays. We booked the Westin but there was a problem with our reservation and finally the booking agent offered us the Radisson Blue. This Resort is located outside the loud St. Julians, but you can reach the centre in 20 min by walk. This fact was a good thing for us because we prefer quiet spots.
The staff was very kind and helpful all the time. The room size was ok, on the 3rd floor with a view to the pool and the sea (in the lower floors maybe you get a bit of noise from the pool and restaurant terrace). Nice furniture ( not new, not old ) and lights, bathroom size is ok and it is new and clean.
Breakfast was really good, with a great choice of quality products and it gets even better if you can enjoy it at the terrace with a beautiful sea view.
They have a well equiped gym, so if you don't want to miss your workout i'm sure you will find all you need to do it.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pacoxxzz
Aaron V, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

A lovely hotel in a quiet neighbourhood of St Julians but still walkable distance from the restaurants and nightlife. The rooms are spacious and well equipped and offer you endless view of the sea. The edge restaurant was my favourite during the evenings which offered a serene evening and with lovely view and great food. The staff was quiet eager to help and offer support and organize trips to ensure you have a great time there. Loved the time spent there...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and the endless sea views we are indeed very lucky to have. We thank you for choosing us and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Yes, my first impression was that the hotel is far from 5*, it's 4. But when I saw 4* hotels in Malta, I realised that Radisson may be 5* here, because 4* and 3* looked terrible to me. There is 5* Corinthia Hotel next to Radisson where we had dinner twice but it didn't seem attractive to me either. One evening there was a huge cockroach in my room, I ran to the reception in a horror and they sent the desinsectors immediately...but that was dusgusting anyway and every evening I expected to see these insects again. The hotel obviously was very good some years ago but now it's old enough and you see it at once.

But there were good sides also: very good breakfasts and service, and as I like swimming and diving - hotel's beach is a good chance to do so. There wasn't a real beach, just the place where you jump into the sea and enjoy. Good location in St.Julians. I enjoyed my vacation anyway despite these little dissapointments.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your stay. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast, service, location and also the swimming and diving. On the other hand we are sorry to hear of your incident with the insect. We do implement a full pest control preventive program throughout the resort all year round to avoid such occurrences. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

improve ventilation so guests can sleep with nice air or temperature , to keep this shutdown every 5 minutes is of no logic to me. internet connection was always intermittent . i had terrible conference calls using your net , never mention the BAD signal to my room.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to learn about your experience with the air temperature and WIFI. We are looking into both points raised with our Engineering team to ensure they are not repeated. I thank you once again for bringing these matters to our attention and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit,

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

What a sad disappointment! Having come to this hotel since 2000, when my former girlfriend and I loved the place so much we were tempted to spend over £4000 purchasing a time share apartment, how sad it is for me to say that the hotel which either was or was virtually knocking on the door of being a 5 star back then has now become a rather tired looking, bland and very average 4 star offering less to its guests than it used to.
I have visited the hotel (I can't call it a 'resort' because it simply does not fit that description) several times in the intervening 14 years and there has been a noticeable decline in the last 4 years.
There are many critical points I could make but suffice to say that I will think very hard about whether to bother to come to this hotel ever again, time share or no time share!
The romance finally died when I discovered to my horror that evening meals are no longer served at 'The Edge'restaurant (a favourite romantic venue with the glorious views to savour while dining and sampling a chilled white or rose wine) and on top of that sad loss, there are no longer any benches to sit on and enjoy a romantic moment in the alcoves on the walk between the Edge and the main pool area.
Thank goodness you can still get a great banana milkshake from the pool wet bar but even the beautiful dolphins which used to grace the floor of the main pool have long since migrated away and I can't honestly say that I blame them!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your stay. We are glad to hear you returned to the Hotel after so many years and are sorry to learn of your disappointment with the disappearance of the dolphin design at the bottom of the pool, the removal of the benches and no dinner being served at The Edge. We will certainly be sharing your comments and suggestions with the people concerned. It is with such feedback that we can endeavor to improve our services. We urge you not to allow this experience to put you off returning and look forward to being able to welcome you back on a future visit.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Nice hotel, but during our stay the lifts were faulty and the paint work was going. There was a few scuffs on the floor of our room and it just needs a bit of a renovation which I believe is happening soon.
Most of the staff were very attentive bar one particular receptionist who dismissed my mothers complaint about falling into the lift which was a foot lower than it should have been when it opened but when I complained to a higher member of staff after she dealt with it fantastically.

Overall very enjoyable stay! Loved the diving centre on site and the spa was great!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a sea or a pool view room. Or a suite with a hot tub!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the views, Diving Centre and Spa. On the other hand we are sorry to hear about the incident with the elevators. Please accept our sincere apologies for this and rest assured that this has already been dealt with. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Malta.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

As outlined in some of the reviews the hotel is quietly located, the bars and nightlife of St Julian's at some distance. Maybe that is why it is called 'resort', which to me is more than an isolated hotel. The hotel will do it's job, professional service, extensive breakfast, but all still somehow blend. The room itself had a loggia with a great sea view. Maybe in need of some refresher, but still quite smart and spacious.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the views and location and look forward to welcoming you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Julian's
Le Meridien St. Julians
Le Meridien St. Julians
#10 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's? Share your experiences!