“Great experience and service”

Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Columbus, OH
“Great experience and service”
Reviewed 1 June 2010

I was here for business and pleasure and was very happy with my stay. The room was modern and had basic amenities. The one thing that stood out at this hotel was the service. From the front desk staff to the concierge and bar staff - all were very polite and went out of their way to assist me with whatever I needed. I was especially pleased with the concierge team. They went above and beyond to make me feel like I was the only guest on the premises. I will definitely stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 28 May 2010

I stayed at Radisson Blu during a conference. I really enjoyed the stay! The hotel is beautiful and has gorgeous sea views from its rooms! The pool area is very pretty. The hotel located relatively close to St. Julian's busy center with clubs and restaurants. The casino is also within walking distance.
Great hotel! Highly recommended!

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 26 May 2010

We had a nice stay at the hotel, however, the hotel is starting to look tired and in my opinion, it is not a 5 star hotel but rather a 4 star for several reasons;

The rooms are nice, but on the beds, there were old stains on some of the sheets that had not been removed from washing and some sheets had holes in them. These sheets should absolutely have been thrown away and not be used.

There is also a fair bit of noise from neighbours. Therefore, i would suggest to try to get a room on top floor, since the furniture in the rooms are very noisy and if you get a neighbour moving the chairs or walking with stiletto heels in the middle of the night (like we had) you will definitly wake up.

The safe did not work in one of the rooms we stayed in and despite us asking about it getting it fixed every day - it did not get fixed during our 5 day stay. In the second room we also stayed in, the security lock on the door did not work. So the first night, we had to sleep without the security lock. This did get fixed the next day.

Cups and glasses in the room: This was inconsistent. 1 room had two wine glasses while the other room had only 1 milk glass. When these glasses had been used, they were not changed, but rather 'cleaned' by the cleaner in the bathroom sink. The bathrooms: They are fairly worn with some broken tiles etc. Also, the bathroom were not very clean (some hairs etc). At least not 5 star standard.

There is a small gym with some machines and a very small indoor pool, but a nice outdoor pool. Le Bistro is a restaurant at the hotel, and is good. You should book a reservation. Prices are fairly high but like many hotels (restaurant, hotel bar, mini bar etc).

The hotel is about 10 - 15 min walk from the main area of St Julian. In my opinion, there is not much happening in St Julian except for some bars, clubs, one artificial beach and some clothes shops. Overall, we had a nice stay at the hotel and would stay there again, but next time I am in Malta I might try to find another hotel and perhaps in Slimea.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Washington, UK
Reviewed 23 May 2010

Stayed here with a friend, we paid between £35 - £50 per night including breakfast.

Check-in was very quick, there is free parking for guests which is a bonus.

The entrance of the hotel is very nice and gives you the feel of a 5 star property. The bedrooms are also very pleasant, lots of space and a balcony overlooking the sea.

The only snag was that as it was winter there was no air conditioning despite almost 24 degrees outside. So, I was really too hot during the night - I did request a fan, but it never arrived.

The breakfast was okay, but it was very busy and staff weren't quick enough to replace the items which had gone.

The bar was pleasant, a nice atmosphere and snacks included, expect to pay fairly high prices for drinks though.

The indoor pool area looks like it could really use some modernisation, it looks a bit tired. Sadly the outdoor pool was a little cold to use at that time of year.

Its worth staying here if you get a good rate, it doesn't quite feel like 5 star, but its certainly a decent place and obviously well known due to the Radisson brand.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
Cheshire
Reviewed 20 May 2010

This was my first trip to Malta, accompanying my elderly mother who had been unable to travel back to the island for 15 years; she's always talked about her time there with my father, and I wanted to see it for myself..
From being greeted on entering, to our goodbyes on leaving, the staff could not be faulted. The concierge staff were particularly helpful, as were reception. The food was of a very high standard, and the buffet breakfast, in particular was enjoyed by both of us, the chef makes a mean omelette, delicious!
Our room on the 3rd floor had a marvelous view, and the lady who kept our room in tip top condition, Mary A, went out of her way to make sure my mum had everything she needed, didn't seem to mind when my mother stopped to chat, and I know she had to make an extra effort to finish her shift on time. Mum was still singing her praises yesterday! Actually all the staff deserve praise.
The hotel is situated away from the beach and shops,so it was lovely and quiet, apart from the glorious sounds of the waves crashing onto the rocks, but even my 88 year old mother enjoyed the 10-15 minute walk down to them, and we also took advantage of the hotel's bus into Sliema and Valetta.
My only gripe, and it's a very small one - my mother has quite a small appetite, and the food proportions were on a U.S scale, so meals in the hotel were too much for her, and half the meal wasted.. This probably could have been averted had she had a childs portion, but there again, perhaps I should have asked. I will next time!!
There will be another time, next time I'm taking my hubby!

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank linlam01
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed 11 May 2010

The hotel was perfect for our Global meeting of 50 participants, altough I know the hotel was fully booked we never felt it. The staff was very friendly and always ready to do their best even when we came with last minute changes. The rooms were clean and the beds are very comfortable. I like to say that there is a general likeness among my colleagues with the hotel and all it's staff. I can recommend it and I would love to come back both for business and pleasure.

Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2010

This was our first time in Malta, did not know what anything would be like. Have stayed in different types of accommodation through they years Hotels, Bed & Breakfasts, Villa's, in many places.
As we entered the hotel the first thing was the welcome we got from the staff, they could have not made it any more welcoming than they did, the feeling was then that our stay was going to be relaxed and freindly.
All the staff that we were in contact with looked after us wonderfully through out the week, made us want to take freinds back with us, the views from the room was just about prefect, close to the sea and the gentle lapping on the shore, all round the hotel then relaxing with a few drinks in the lounge bar.
The service we got was personal, making us feel at home and relaxed, but not intruding in any way.
We could not have asked for better food or drink, though at times what was a small portion was just a bit too much, but as the days went on we decided this was through out Malta, as was the freindly people we meet.
Our stay was unexpected extented and this did not change the way the hotel and staff treated us.
Once home we are know looking at going back soon with freinds when time permits.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
InterContinental Malta
InterContinental Malta
#12 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's? Share your experiences!