“One of the best holidays abroad”

Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Bradford, United Kingdom
“One of the best holidays abroad”
Reviewed 12 October 2010

My partner and I stayed at The Radisson Blu Resort for the second time in June this year. Again we could not fault the hotel, service, friendliness of the staff' sand fabulous location in St Julian's, so much so that we have already booked for 2 weeks as opposed to 1 next year. The on-stie restaurants and bars offer the best food and drinks with superb service at all times. Nothing is too much trouble at this hotel. When we arrived we wanted to hire a car for the duration of our stay and approached the conceirge, Thomas, who arranged it for us in minutes and even had the car delivered to hotel (and collected at the end of our holiday). The rooms are beautiful with all modern amenities and mini bar. The many pools are situated in various areas of the hotel grounds so the choice is yours where you swim and then soak up the sun. The Edge outdoor restaurant is a popular choice for Wedding Receptions too. We saw 5 throughout our week's stay!
As it's a popular location we felt that parking, both indoor and outdoor, wasn't sufficient but we managed! Other than that, it was a superb holiday and look forward to visiting next year.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Jane186408

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
reading
Reviewed 9 October 2010

we got married in june at this hotel, it was absolutely fab!.... the staff are lovely, the rooms are clean. the food was amazing. a nice ten minute walk to town for some life! we are definatley going back next year!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hayleyReading
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2010

This is a great hotel in every respect. The service is excellent, friendly staff and location perfect. With four pools, a gym and a good selection of reasonably priced food you can be guaranteed a very relaxing stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alistair186338
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2010

We arrived in the early hours of the morning following a 5hr flight delay and were dealt with efficiently and curteously, allowing us to get to our rooms quickly. Luckily there is a 24 hour bistro supporting room service which allowed us to get a snack and more importantly a drink after a very long day.
The rooms were clean and very comfortable and I found the cleaning staff extremely friendly and helpful. They were quick to bring extra pillows we required and a rubber bath mat for my mother in her room.
Breakfast was always quite busy but we always had a table (not having to queue as I have in other hotels at peak times) and I was impressed with the extensive range of food and the quality. I was pleased with the speed that popular items were replaced should anything run out, but mostly things were restocked before getting to that point.
We ate in both the other restaurants during our stay. The Bistro over looking the pool and the sea beyond was great as you could choose to eat inside or out on the balcony. Whilst serving a smaller range of dishes it covered a variety of appetites and budgets. The Edge restaurant outside overlooking the bay was somewhat more expensive but the service and food was second to none. Serving a vast array of fish but also some excellent steaks, you can visit the chef and choose your own food before he cooks it for you. The service here was superb and the desserts were to die for.
The Bar staff in The Bridge bar were amazing and within a couple of days could remember your usual order making you feel valued and comfortable as a customer - their cocktail range was fabulous and well worth experimenting with.
The only thing that caused any dismay was the need to be out early for a sunbed as there were a number of selfish people using the towel trick. It was usually easy enough to get a couple of beds together but four or more was a problem for those of us travelling with family. I was impressed and pleased to see the Manager of the hotel come round the pool one morning a couple of days into the holiday and ensure that the towels were removed as was stated in the hotel literature after this the problem seemed to lessen dramatically.
We had occasion to deal with Mr Barrie the manager later on in the holiday when my mother begin to suffer with severe toothache. On approaching the reception and explaing the problem, he overheard and instantly arranged the staff to obtain an appointment for her with a dentist, arrange a taxi and explained to the driver where we were to go and to bring us back after the treatment. Unfortunately she had actually cracked her tooth and it had to be removed immediately. On returning to the hotel we made a reservation at the Bistro as my mother was not sure what she would feel up to for dinner. I enquired what soup was being served that evening but unfortunately it was not one she liked when I explained why I was asking the staff were fabulous. They checked what other soup was being served in the other restaurants and offered to either have that brought over or to cook her something special that she would be able to eat.
It was that kind of attention to detail and friendly efficiency that seemed to stem right from the Manager himself down through all the staff we met, that kind of service makes your holiday worth repeating and we will definately return.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank PS3-Creative
Blackpool, Lancs
Reviewed 4 October 2010

I stayed at the Radisson in July/Auguest. This was not my first visit and it certainly will not be my last. The Hotel is polished and gleaming. The bedrooms are well cleaned, very comfortable and extremely pleasant. The food is first class with plenty of choice in three restaurants and the staff are just the most helpful, cheerful and friendly people you could wish to meet. Nothing is too much trouble and they all go that extra mile to make the holiday special.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Gericom
Liskeard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2010

We have visited Malta regularly for many years. Last year I took my wife to the Radisson at St. Julians for our wedding anniversary.
We were so impressed with the hotel and the location (the sea was just yards away from our room window) that we returned this year to celebrate my wife's birthday.
I mentioned this fact to the receptionist on arrival. On the morning of her birthday we found a bottle of wine, a decorated plate with a box of chocolates in our room with compliments of the management.
We cannot praise the staff to highly. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Msida, Malta
Reviewed 2 October 2010

On my last preview re-Radisson Blu Golden Sands I stated that my next preview will be regarding Radisson Blu Bay Point, So here I am again.

Well I have been using Radisson Blu Bay Point for the past 13yrs which means that I have been a loyal customer for this hotel for such a long period for one reason , Satisfied customer.

We spent weekend breaks along the whole year and at Christmas and New Years time we spent a week. We really feel relaxed and comfortable at this hotel. The hotel is situated very central to shops bars and restuarants altough I can assure any one who is interested in using this hotel that the restaurants in the hotel are top excellent so once you use any of the restaurants in the hotel you would not want to change and go somewhere else. There is the Bistro restaurant which is open on 24hrs basis and the Kontikki which is a Buffet Restaurant and in summer for a more relaxing autmospher there is teh Edge Restaurant. We mostly use the Bistro and we just dont use this restaurant when we are in house but even at weekends as the food is top top excellent and the gravey which goes with the restaurant is the Friendly Staff who dedicate themselves highly they are well trained and very helpfull and efficient this is thanks to the restaurant manager Mr.Fabian Zammit who is always on the go and alert to make sure that everything goes smoothly and the customers are satisfied. One will realise how popular and good value for money this restaurant is as when ever I visit this place its always full and I racomand anyone who wants to use this restaurant to book in advance.

If one is a big eater I would racomand the Kontikki Rest there again the staff are fully trained and efficient /the chefs are top and the food and the range of food is top excellent . Again the restaurant Manager at Kontikki Mr.Eddie is very efficient in his work and very helpful.

At the Edge which opens in the summer season one can find a great selection of sea food . One does not have to go for sea food one can order anything he or she likes starting from pasta /Burgers/steaks anything the Managment goes out of the way to help you and make you feel welcome they are both Young and energetic I am refering to Godwin and Brendon for them and their staff anything is possible its always Yes I can!!

The wet bar at the pool is normaly managed by a highly experienced and friendly person I am refering for Judith who is so profesional in her work and fast I just dont know how she manages in the peak season as she is normaly very bussy.

Well I must finalise my comments but before I do so I just cant not mention the Chamermades who do a good job in keeping the hotel and the rooms clean spotles clean. I would say that everyone at Radisson Blue Bay Point is top excellent and efficient in his or her work and this is thanks to the Exprienced and highly trained Managment who keep the hotel at the top but this is all thanks to the back bone of the Team and this is the General Manager Mr.E.Barry. Keep it up Mr.Barry with the good work You do and Keep it up also goes to the staff at Radisson Blu Bay Point .

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
InterContinental Malta
InterContinental Malta
#12 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's? Share your experiences!