“l'm so coming back again”

Meet Argentinian Steak House
Ranked #44 of 331 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Quite simply an awsome meal with great service and an ambience that set the mood perfectly. After having some issues finding somewhere open on a sunday I was initially reluctant because of the agentinian nature, I was so wrong. The pate was fantastic along with the 2 fillet steaks the bacon touch and the bernaise sauce. Couldn't find a fault with anything. Great view across the harbour too

2  Thank John B

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Absolutley loved this place. Went twice during our stay. The steak was really something else. The waiter who served us really couldn't do enough for us, recommended the best steak for us.

The chef was brilliant, we had a chat to him before we left. You must visit while in Malta, lovely views and really nice atmosphere.

Food was truly fabulous. Must try the lemon cheesecake also.

:-))

3  Thank Beccee
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We went as two couples and reserved a table and rightly so as it was very busy. It was nice because we were on the roof but it was still hot. We were waiting around 10 mins before someone took drink orders and then another 10 before they took food orders. However, it was worth the wait! The steaks were really good very meaty and cooked to perfection. Unfortunately the potato's weren't so great! The "roast potatoes" were just new potatos soaked in oil and were very dry! But other than that we really enjoyed the evening and would go back again! Good portion sizes too!

1  Thank Lauradora93
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Went there with a group of friends and everyone bought a different main course. I had the ribeye steak, my partner also ordered Bife al Queso Azul - beef covered in onions and stilton cheese while our friends ordered Medallon de Lomo. I ordered my beef medium rare which was tender and tasted great but the centre was a bit raw. My friends all commented on how good their beef was so all around we were happy with the meat quality, taste, seasoning and cooking (even if mine was a bit raw in the middle). What did disappoint were the sides. The chips were ok - they are frozen chips so cant go wrong here but the salad was a bit plain - the salad items are cut way too small and get lost in the salad, although the seasoning was good. Service is prompt but the junior staff don't have a great command of English so when we asked for more information about the meals they couldn't explain to us and had to bring in the head waiter. For deserts this happened too as the waitress just ran through the list and when we asked her to repeat the list once again for us she couldn't understand what we were saying. We ended by just saying - give us the last one you said!! Overall although the meat was of good quality the sides are poor and for the price you pay I think that the sides should be improved. Why not some spicy chips or some spicy rice, or improving the salad with some crispy bacon and grilled vegetables instead of just lettuce, red peppers, cucumber and spring onions? With drinks we paid an average of Euro 30 each (we only ordered 2 bottles of water between us as no one felt like wine). For some reason although there are some great reviews here I think it is a tad overpriced because of the sides - frozen chips and lettuce.....means you are paying just under Euro 30 for a steak and that my dear is a bit too high.

One last point - The place is also over crowded - far too many tables in such a small space. We couldn't have a conversation because the table next to us basically joined us for dinner and it was very uncomfortable. Its great if you want to go there with friends but not exactly a place for couples as you don't have much privacy at all to talk and chat, something that me and my partner look forward to doing when going out on a dinner date rather than just eating.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Once again, the need for Tripadvisor to give half marks come to mind here. This restaurant doesn't deserve the maximum score but my word it comes close. We(4 of us) all had steaks and all were very happy with what was given too us. The fillets my wife and I had were perfectly cooked and very tasty (we went for the house specials). My daughter had a 275g sirloin which she loved and my son had the huge 675g sirloin which was a bit fatty but that was not unexpected on such a large cut. Add to that the lovely view and the great wine this is a winner. Also, it's good value, a similar meal at home in Dubai would have cost more that triple what we paid.