“Happy and fun! ”
Review of Hostel Malti

Hostel Malti
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

A friend and myself stayed for a few weeks an loved it! The staff go above an beyond and the location is perfect for sight seeing and close enough to the bars an clubs. The hostel itself is clean, up to date and has everything you need in a hostel for a pleasant stay. Definitely recommend hostel Malti to anyone traveling to Malta for a weekend or a longer stay like we did!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 April 2014

For the last 4 weeks I stayed in hostel malti. I was in Malta for an English course and I think the combination with the hostel is a good combination to learn English. In the hostel is an open atmosphere. At first Chris and Aaron are nice people, interested and they created a place where everybody is willing to hang with the others. The looks in and outside the hostel are nice. Every room has it's own theme with nice paintings on the wall.

Sometimes Chris and Aaron organized activities. We went to Camino once and did there some cliffdiving. They know the nice places to go to, so on the trip to Camino they could tell us where we had to go to for the best views and swims.

The same is with the activities I wanted to do by myself. They know the nice places and told me what I needed to see, especially the less touristic areas like Hassan's cave.

I decided to take my bicycle with me on the plane to Malta. This costed me €100, after the 4 weeks I'm glad I did it. Malta is "small", but has some steep hills. With a normal mountainbike and some trained legs these are easy to cycle.
I'm surprised that the people on the internet and the Maltese themselves only see the danger of cycling in Malta. I think much more people have to cycle on Malta then you can see the beauty of the whole island. When you cycle 10km from the hostel your in a complete different quiet world, that's what I like about Malta.

I would advice everyone who loves to cycle to take a bicycle with them or hire it. A bicycle rental is 2km from the hostel in San Gwann (The Cyclist). Another thing that I would recommend to do is a walk or cycletour along the sea from Marsascale to Marsaxlokk. There are some nice cliffs and St. Peter's pool, not very touristic but a must to visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Vincent G
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The owners of the hostel, Chris and Aaron, are gifted by a sincere and genuine hospitality. During the check-in they provided me with all the info about the island. I spent one week at the hostel and I've always had a pleasent time and good feeling there. The common room is cozy and there is always someone to talk with. The terrace is an extra value, a relaxing jacuzzi is available after a long sunny day, there is also a chance to make a bbq and to chill out with a beer and chat. Great time at hostel Malti!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The hospitality of the owners and workers was amazing.
They were very helpful, made sure they would be around when we were arriving late at night, helped carry our bags into our room (which is very rare) and took us out nightclubbing and on tours.
They have an awesome upstairs balcony area with a spa, this hostel creates many friendships!
The only thing was the private room we stayed in the common bathroom didn't seem to get cleaned very often otherwise it was a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Relaxed, chilled out & super friendly vibe - after a day out exploring the delights of Malta, it was like walking into your front room with your mates there to greet you! Chris & Aaron are incredible hosts, they could not have been more friendly & welcoming!

Fantastic communal area with comfy sofas, pleasant kitchen & dining room table that was perfect for a sociable game of spoons! The rooftop terrace is very cool & comfy, the perfect place to curl up & ready your book & the jacuzzi was a real treat, especially after a chilly winter dip in the bay.

I am not normally one to retrace my steps, but I will be returning to Hostel Malti - honestly, it's a real gem!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Best week of my two months vacation. Staff and owner fantastic! They made me feel at home from the first second. They had knowledge and good advise about everything. Super balcony with Jacuzzi. I just loved the Jacuzzi, perfect after a long day walking along the cliffs. I loved the art everywhere, It was clean, comfortable bed, Spacious kitchen and living room ++ Thank you Chris and Aaron + the girls. I fell in love with Malta and all of you. See you next year ;o) Big hug from Ladybird

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ladybird_Split
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Hostel Malti is like a home away from home. We stayed in the new private rooms, they were incredible. The new lounge area is relaxing and the roof top area is unbelievable. I own a hostel in Central America and know how people want to be treated. Chris goes out of his way to make sure you know what there is to do and how to do it. Chris, thanks for the great advice, you made our trip special.

Room Tip: The new private rooms can¨t be beat, especially for the price.