“AMAZING! You have to visit this place it will change your opinion on Chinese food forever.”
Review of Yuu Chinese Restaurant - CLOSED

Yuu Chinese Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

This is my favourite restaurant on the island. The sign is different to the picture and the waitress explained they had only been open 2 weeks so perhaps the management has changed hands? Or they have had a refurb?

Anyway, just incredible. I have never ever tasted a Chinese like it. I had these gorgeous spring rolls to start which were fresh and just delicious!! My main was a pork wok dish. I have never tasted such a fresh noodle dish in my life. The flavour was intense and gorgeous. The quality of the food was amazing and I could not believe how reasonably priced it was.

I also must mention the kind young lady who waited on our table. She was a delight and really went the extra mile to meet our every need. Nothing was too much. She served all the tables in the small restaurant and was working so hard. She truly cared about our experience and I was very impressed.

Having been to a competitor Chinese as Yuu was closed on our final evening (a monday) there was just no comparison. It is so fresh and lovely.

Please visit you will love it !!!!

• Visited June 2014

Lagos, Portugal
“The BEST chinese in Malta”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

I visited again on my second trip to Malta and was surprised, it was better than the first time !!!! Yuu Mei is a fantastic host and nothing is a problem for her in this intimate venue. The food is 100% authentic chinese and full of flavour. HIGHLY recommended

Visited December 2013
Edinburgh
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprisingly Good”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We went to Yuu Chinese on a Saturday night at the end of August. Although from the outside it doesn't look like much, I'd definitely recommend a visit.
Once you go up the stairs you are greeted by the owner who is friendly and inviting. We were the only ones in the place, and so had a choice of tables.
We had 2 starters, 2 mains and 4 drinks for roughly 45 Euros. All of the food was fresh and tasted great.
Definitely worth a visit. Especially if you fancy something away from the Italian & Mediterranean options. We'll be going back!

• Visited August 2013
Salford, United Kingdom
“Great little restaurant”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

On a recent visit to Malta we stayed at St. Julian’s and went along to the Yuu Chinese restaurant on our second night. Yuu is an unpretentious place, on the main road leading out of Spinola Bay in the direction of Paceville. You go up a steep flight of stairs to the small restaurant on the first floor. I had beef in black bean sauce, and my friend had crispy chicken in lemon sauce. We shared vegetable fried rice as an accompaniment. Both meals were succulent and delicious. There were quite a few other customers, some of whom appeared to be regulars.

We were sufficiently impressed by this little restaurant that we went back before the end of our holiday. On this occasion I chose the duck in orange sauce – highly recommended.

Yuu will not appear in most of the guide books as a recommended place to eat in St. Julian’s, but if you like good quality Chinese food at a reasonable price with attentive service you won’t go far wrong here. The menu is a little limited, but what they serve is top class. The service is excellent, and the restaurant is run by a feisty and attractive Chinese lady who jokes with chats to her customers as if she has known them for ages.

Very good.

Visited March 2013
St Helens, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Chinese we've ever had!”
Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

Took us a few days to find this restaurant as it can be easily missed. Look for a little sushi bar called 'Gochi' and it's opposite and up!
We ordered a set banquet for 2, which consisted of spring rolls, chicken wings and BBQ ribs to start and then sweet and sour pork, chicken with cashew nuts and pineapple, seafood fried rice and fried noodles with ham for the mains.
I don't like cashew nuts so I asked if we could change the dish for another. The host could not have been more accommodating. Nothing was a problem.
The food was extremely fresh and hot. All the food is cooked to order and home-made by a Chinese chef.
Every little detail is thought about from having tooth picks ready for you, to swapping the plates around on the tea light burner.
Only down side, the rose wine was a little expensive, and is not served by the glass.
Would certainly recommend and encourage diners to go along to this cute and very authentic little Chinese. You will not be disappointed.