“Not bad at all”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

We called in whilst walking around saint julians.the misses had various sushi and I had chilli prawns
Not the best but great value for money .I would call agsin

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We (myself and my little family) are great fans of sushi, we discovered and enjoyed almost all over Europe, unfortunately not yet in Japan. It is a sad fact that sushi -just like the chinese food- started to be commercialized. Average and poor quality, no soul or taste of the real thing. This restaurant is a perfect example of this sad trend. In some of their rolls they put CANNED !!!! "Tuna",. Also please don't use bright food colour on the makis, brrrrrrrrr....In sushi the phrase "the simpler is better" works perfectly!
If you want something way way better go to OKURA not so far away from this place, of course if you just want to be trendy get anything, called sushi.
Average, average....average.

1  Thank asquistgustaf
rumumati, Owner at Sako Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

First of all sincere apologies for this customer's negative experience at Sako. We prepare our sushi with pride and passion using the best ingredients and freshest fish delivered daily to our restaurant, so a review like this hits us hard but we take criticism positively and such a review will only help us improve our product. However allow me to pass two comments
1. We surely do not use canned tuna in our sushi. The reviewer is referring to our Spicy tuna maki.
This is prepared with cooked tuna rather than raw tuna and obviously prepared daily. It offers an
option to our diners who are nt too keen on raw fish.
2. With reference to the food coloring on the maki which the reviewer mentions. This is in fact tobiko which are fish eggs commonly used in sushi recipes.

I trust that this clarifies the issues brought up by the reviewer.

Once again thanks for your appreciated feedback.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stop here every now and again....never disappointing even though I normally always stick to the same choice. Im sure all the plates are delicious ;) See you soon

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Not bad and not too expensive, but decidedly average. Good to get something quick to go or eat-in, but if you're looking for much better quality sushi, it can be had up the road and a couple of corners away, for about the same price.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I simply love the sushi-bar conveyor-belt concept at this restaurant. It's great for all those who (like me) get discouraged by the cryptic Japanese terminology when trying to order sushi off a menu.

At Sako Sushi you can just sit at the bar, and if you like anything you see passing by - just grab it! It's also great for those days when you just can't wait for your food to be cooked and ready and you don't feel like going for junk food - just walk through the door and the sushi is right there quite literally waiting for you to come in and start eating!

The sushi itself is really good and the staff is really friendly.