“Super summer restaurant”

Merkanti Bistro
Ranked #123 of 306 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Price range: US$24 - US$53
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Enjoy the cool sea breeze and an ice cold beer at the Hilton Malta hotel’s Merkanti Beach club & Bistro. Soak up the glorious Maltese sun on the open-air terrace over a light lunch or dinner , try a delicious cocktail or sundowner, or organise an open-air company barbecue or private function. Accessible through the Portomaso Yacht Marina, this Malta restaurant and bar offers a full lunch-time menu, and serves a selection of salads, burgers and sandwiches right at the water’s edge.We love KIDS!Kids up to the age of 12 years eat FREE when dining with 2 adults.(terms & conditions apply)
Sliema, Malta
“Super summer restaurant”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Eat here on a regular basis. Food is genuine, and great service. Most of all we enjoy a great meal, outdoors, overlooking the Mediterranean sea, with that cool breeze. Ate here with some friends in the evenings, and must say was great! Will recommend this place to everyone.

Yesterday had an amazing piece of beef, which was cooked perfectly, medium!! Hardly used a knife to cut it, was soooo tender. My partner had a seafood pasta, which had a wide choice of mixed seafood and fish.

They also serve pizza, which I can also say is perfect. Kids menu is available, for those of you who will visit with all the family :) also in the evening, kids under 12 years eat free

Well done, and will miss it in the winter

Malta
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I am a regular client of the Hilton.Malta I have dined in all the restaurants of this hotel and was always very satisfied with the quality of food it's , variety and the service. Today I aw Ted a change and had a go at the pool. Side bistro in the evening the enviro ment was pleasant't but the food to.my utter surprise left. much to be desired. My first surprise that as a starter there was only one item bruschetta this turned out too soggy . My elderly mum opted for the classic burger the meat was hard and the bun was burnt, my teenage children opted for pizza. Hard to get this one wrong but it happened. The dough was too thin and the filling of the pizza was not up to standard. We ordered two scoops of icecream these apparently came from the other restaurants as it took a good 15 minutes to reach our table by which time one of the scoops was milkshake our temperature was around 28 degrees at 8 45 pm.

• Visited July 2012