“Mixed experience”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
consettgashead
“Mixed experience”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We were attracted to Scruples by the promise of Maltese food. My wife chose the stuffed aubergines and I chose Bragioli.

Unfortunately when the food came Rabbit was brought for me by mistake. Rectification was quickly promised but my chips and salad left on the table whilst the right dish was brought. The delay was too long for it just to have been a mix up in the kitchen, but not long enough for anything to have been prepared instead (except by microwave) and the chips by then neither hot nor cold. The bragioli were OK, but not particularly good.

On the basis of my experience alone I would have awarded fewer stars. My wife, however, thoroughly enjoyed her stuffed aubergines. Hence the fence-sitting!

• Visited January 2014

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“recommended by the lonely planet - but average food”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

cant fault the place massively except to say we went off the recommendations of the lonely planet so were expecting bigger things. I had the spagetti bolognise which given the location and italian influences around was very average. My partner had the stew rabbitt which came with chips and salad. Chips and salad didnt compliment the dish but the rabbit was nice- for the amount you got- portion rather small but i gather this is common with rabbit. Service ok- restaurant very cold but we were dining on December! I don't think its earned its place in the lonely planet and our opinion was also shared with other diners who we met in the pub down the road- muddy waters. Overall I'd go there if I was passing buy - but its not amazing and its not great value either relative to other places.

• Visited December 2013
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
“}}}}--- Outstanding---{{{{”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We've been to this lovely family run business restaurant for several times.. and honestly can'tget enough.. The place is very nice .. The Family who runs it is soo nice and friendly...they certainley make you feel at home.. Fabian who is a superb chef but works as a manager is very amicable and makes the experience more welcoming.
Food ......After trying almost all the food on the menu.. as they are all mouth watering...I can say that the food is heavenly marvelous..... and the price is quite fair compared to the sizes of the portions.
Scruples is surely a blessing in diguise... will defenitely visit again and again and suggest it to everyone.

• Visited November 2013
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Good value”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

The tuna salad was good. Very good value. The service was a little slow but it was very busy with a large party of people.

Visited October 2013
Birkirkara, Malta
“HORRIBLE FOOD”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Pasta is overcooked, with no salt, no oil, no taste!
Octopus is overcooked too, with no taste like the pasta.
Garlic bread is the worst one tried in Malta, burned and poor in cheese and garlic too.
The wine cost 10 euro a pitcher and it's no good at all.
I had never eaten so badly!! It is also quite expensive compared to the other maltese restaurant.

• Visited September 2013