“Excellent meal, good price”
Review of Scruples Kitchen

Scruples Kitchen
Ranked #101 of 331 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Price range: US$12 - US$18
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Small place but really enjoyed the meal. Had a very good fillet steak with pepper sauce. Waiter was friendly and helpful. Will definitely go back, maybe tonight our last night in Malta.

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

found this nice little place by accident. we had rabbit stew and huge rib eye steak...was very so good we had repeat visit before returning home. good local wines, service excellent. would advise booking as only few tables.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Scruples was recommended by our guidebook as a good Maltese restaurant, small but well located with additional tables in a park across the road. It lies in an area dominated by large scale tourist developments, but retains a village feel as the sort of place that the locals prefer to frequent. The staff were very welcoming, the food & wine good. With modest prices, it is certainly a place to look up if you want to experience local cuisine rather than the tourist oriented restaurants.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We were attracted to Scruples by the promise of Maltese food. My wife chose the stuffed aubergines and I chose Bragioli.

Unfortunately when the food came Rabbit was brought for me by mistake. Rectification was quickly promised but my chips and salad left on the table whilst the right dish was brought. The delay was too long for it just to have been a mix up in the kitchen, but not long enough for anything to have been prepared instead (except by microwave) and the chips by then neither hot nor cold. The bragioli were OK, but not particularly good.

On the basis of my experience alone I would have awarded fewer stars. My wife, however, thoroughly enjoyed her stuffed aubergines. Hence the fence-sitting!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

cant fault the place massively except to say we went off the recommendations of the lonely planet so were expecting bigger things. I had the spagetti bolognise which given the location and italian influences around was very average. My partner had the stew rabbitt which came with chips and salad. Chips and salad didnt compliment the dish but the rabbit was nice- for the amount you got- portion rather small but i gather this is common with rabbit. Service ok- restaurant very cold but we were dining on December! I don't think its earned its place in the lonely planet and our opinion was also shared with other diners who we met in the pub down the road- muddy waters. Overall I'd go there if I was passing buy - but its not amazing and its not great value either relative to other places.