You will see reviews here both good and bad. This is probably because views can vary depending on personal perspectives, accommodation location and the holidaymakers attitude. When I arrived at this hotel I was already annoyed with the "Management" since I had actually booked to be in a sister hotel in Bugibba which turned out to be not available due to their refurbishment schedule over-running. My wife and I however decided to make the best of it. I will try to give an honest, balanced review despite my initial disappointment, and with respect to the reviews that others have made.
Location: St Julians is an area full of bars, Burger Kings, McDonalds, nightclubs etc... Consequently it attracts youngsters who like to party. Not ideal for those wanting a quiet holiday.
Reception: During the 12 days we were there, reception was nearly always busy, sometimes with 12 or more people queuing. On the few occasions that we needed reception, the staff were nearly always polite and helpful. Many of the holidaymakers, however were not. We got to speak to the Manager, and on two occasions...the Area Manager. We were given (after firmly but politely demanding), FREE Wi-Fi, FREE room safe and a FREE half day guided excursion as compensation for letting us down over our initial booking.
Room: Room was basic. Some mould around the taps and on the bath sealant. Toilet handle needed tightening (I did this myself). Tiled areas needed regrouting. Housekeeping is normally only every two days but we were missed once so at one point went 4 days without it. Toilet paper and soap was often unavailable. We befriended one of the cleaners who not only gave us extra towels but lent my wife a hairdryer for the duration of our trip.
Food: There was plenty of food. There was quite a variety but some basic requirements seem to be missing. Eg. No FRIED eggs....ever,(not even for a cooked breakfast). Fruit consisted of only apples and oranges (sometimes water melon on the dessert trolley). Food was often only warm. Ran out of desserts on some occasions. Queues were quite long for a table. We learnt to arrive for meals 10 minutes or so before restaurant opening times. Sometimes it seemed like the floor hadn't been cleaned from the previous meal session. Waiting staff were ok but a little inattentive at times.
Drink: We were All inclusive and always had plenty to drink.Tea, coffee, soft drinks, Lager, Spirits and cocktails. All bar staff seemed friendly. There are four different locations for drinks, each with its own opening and closing hours, but come rain, hail, or shine there was always somewhere to get a drink.
Entertainment: We didn't use this much bit it seemed to consist mainly of Bingo and Karaoke in the bar at night. There were daytime poolside activities such as Frisbee, darts and Pool competitions. There are two large well looked after pools with plenty of tables, chairs, loungers.
Overall: If you don't mind your accommodation a little rough and ready, you are prepared to stay in an area for youngsters with the noise, rowdiness and drunkenness that accompanies them and you're not too fussy about your eating requirements....then this place will be ok for you. Considering the price you have paid for it, its good value for money. However if you have young kids,cannot tolerate rowdy behaviour, late night noise (dependent on where your room happens to be), erratic housekeeping or expect haute cuisine then do not come here as you won't like it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea St George's Park, Malta is an ideal choice for a lively break to this stunning Mediterranean island. Located in a privileged position within the heart of Paceville, St. Julian's, this property sits just 300m from a pretty sandy beach and provides easy access to a fantastic choice of restaurants, bars and clubs that this vibrant area is renowned for. The Blue Sea St George's Park is perfect for those who are looking for an active holiday in the heart of Malta's night life, with a range of facilities and amenities at hand to keep everyone entertained. With classic décor throughout the reception area, the atmosphere of this property makes it a great place to relax and unwind after a day of sightseeing or after enjoying the lively local nightlife. The two outdoor swimming pools, one indoor pool (not heated) and a children's pool, provide plenty of idyllic places to soak up the Mediterranean sunshine. Guests of the Blue Sea St George's Park have the opportunity to get active at the gym (available at a local charge). The nearby sandy beach of St. George's Bay, is just a few minutes' walk from the Blue Sea St. George's Park and offers a host of water sports (all at a local charge). A range of dining options are available at the Blue Sea St George's Park that include a lounge bar, pool bar (seasonal) and a buffet restaurant. An in-house entertainment program is offered throughout the year to ensure that everything is provided for a fun and relaxing holiday for the young at heart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Onthebeach, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St. George's Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Georges Park Complex Hotel Saint Julian`s
- The St. George's Park Hotel Malta