“Great Value if that's what you are After !!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The St. George's Park Hotel

The St. George's Park Hotel
Ranked #33 of 34 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Great Value if that's what you are After !!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Just returned from a weeks Holiday at The Georges Park Hotel where we stayed,To be honest we really wasn't looking forward to going to this Hotel after reading A lot of Negative Feedback.We arrived at the Resort at 3pm and checked in within mins.first impressions were, ok this looks better than we had expected !! The Reception staff were helpful and Friendly as all of the Staff were from the ents team to the Cleaners etc etc !! We were given our room on the 2nd floor facing the Pool area,which by all accounts was the best side tone on.when we entered our room we found it to be clean with enough Towels and toilet paper that people keep banging on about not having. We went down for dinner and there was no queues and got into the restaurant very quickly.to be honest the food Was bland and basic, but you do get what you pay for !! The pool area was cleaned by the hard working maintanance staff everyday and every night when the pool closed.The entertainment was ok but to get a drink at the bar took quite a while and the function room is very warm.i didn't speak with anyone who had be ill but that's not to say there wasn't anybody there with a della belly as it happens abroad wherever you Travel.for us to say we wouldn't go back to this hotel would probably be a lie as it is Central to everything within the resort.we Loved St Julians bay,but be aware it is mainly youngsters that dwell here for the clubbing scene. We are in our forties and was not bothered by this.overall good value for what we paid.If you are born with a silver spoon in your mouth Paybigger Prices !! FACT !!

Room Tip: Poolside in the St Georges Park..
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Clive D
Blue Sea H, Manager at The St. George's Park Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your balanced review! I will take both the positives and the negatives on board and deall with them as best as possible.

I am glad that al in all you seemed to have a good value for money time with us which is our aim!

St.Georges Park & La Vallette

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (709)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
perth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Just back from a week in Malta and five long nights at this hotel. On arrival we were told "5 minutes" nothing else! Having waited I asked why am I waiting, answered by another "5 minutes". An hour or so later we were taken to our room, no key. What a complete disappointment. The room needed a good clean all over, the facilities for a self catering were bad and to top it all we had no hot water or a flushing toilet, the basics really. The noise was ridiculous. I have stayed in hostels before but this place in my opinion didn't even have a hostel standard. Every day I asked for the toilet and hot water issue to be solved to be told that it would and every day it didn't get fixed. The manager must have attended the Houdini school of management as he was never available to discuss these issues.
In my honest opinion this place is a joke. OK, I booked a holiday that seemed to be a good deal in fact it was a very bad deal. I ended up staying in a better place for the last two nights to relax and have a hot shower before I had to return home.
The travel rep!! When I told her about these continuing issues her advice was to book some trips through her to escape the hotel!! Great advice.
The area is very noisy so if you want peace forget it. The streets are dirty and full of broken glass.
Malta however is a beautiful little Island with amazing people.
Do yourself a favour and look elsewhere!!!

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Angela H

Travellers are raving about these Saint Julian's hotels

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

After reading negative reviews I really didn't expect much and was prepared for the worst, but it was not as bad as I expected. You have to remember the price you pay and it all reflects in it but it is great location to stay in Malta. On arrival we had to wait at the reception for a bit but it was appropriate for the amount of rooms they have at this hotel and the staff is helpfull. Rooms are dated, but clean. Bathroom ok. We didn't have great view as there was a big new office building next to the hotel but we didn't spend much time in the room anyway.Restaurant - we stayed only for three days all inclusive and there was enough food to choose from but looks like it does repeat but for three days stay it was ok. Snacks - nothing special but if you really hungry there is something. Drinks - very good choice, also at the time of the year we stayed (may) it was not busy so no queues at the bar. Plenty of sunbeds around the pool area. And the noise mention in many reviews...yes you can here it but it is so much to do there that after the whole day and night out you just fall asleep anyway :-)
Great base for partying as the bars are really close and it is very lively there. Lovely little beach close to the hotel. Lots of shops around.
Also very important that you can feel safe in this hotel and the area.
Again jus bear in mind the price you paid for the hotel, it is clean and safe. Great for short stays, great location.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank martina a

St.Georges Park & La Vallette
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

Let me just say that I have been on several all inclusive holidays and not really taken much notice of reviews, as everyone has their own opinion. Wish I had seen the reviews on this before I booked, instead of after. Where do I start?
Arrived at La Vallette at around 3am as flight had been delayed, there was no-one in reception so went over to St George's Park - what a fiasco.
1. I had booked a room with sea view, informed that they did not have one available, I complained and said I had paid extra for this - they had not even looked at the booking confirmation.
2. After complaining they stated yes it had a sea view - lie, it was on ground floor looking onto pool area. The two lads in reception (who were very rude) told me if I was not happy to go back in the morning when they may have a room available.
3;. Room dirty, hairs on sheets, toilet looked as though it had never seen bleach, tap in bathroom was moving around.
4. Went back at 8am to be told I would have to return at 1pm when they would have sorted the change of room.
5. Food at St George's was foul (and I am easy to please as far as food goes), lunch I had that first day was inedible.
6. Went back at 1pm when there were loads of people trying to check-in, to be told we have not sorted it yet, you need to come back at 2pm. What a waste of a day.
7. 2pm, eventually got a room at La Vallette, end one on 7th floor, yes a sea view, just about, as half of it was obscured by the hotel building.
8. Toilet did not flush - this was duly fixed.
9. Went with my granddaughter all inclusive, ended up buying some meals out the food was only just about tolerable on some days. My granddaughter does not eat meat, there was no choice for vegetarians except for chips and pasta and she wouldn't try the fish as I had on the first day and it was awful!
10. Curtains came down, took them 2 days to put them back up.
11. Cleaners were very rude, knocking at door at 09.10 then huffing and puffing when asked them to come back in 15 minutes as we were still getting ready.
12. Cleaners did not clean! Bits of paper etc on the floor from previous occupiers, sinks not cleaned.
13. Nail sticking up out of the bathroom floor which I had to keep covered with a towel to prevent cutting our feet.
14. Had to drink out of plastic cups with meal, if you wanted a glass you had to pay for it!
15. Staff slow at cleaning tables off in 'restaurant', sometimes had to do this myself if I wanted to be able to sit down.
16. Little choice of food and what there was was only just edible.
17. Fire alarms went off at around 3am one night, what a fiasco!
18. Got stuck in lift with my granddaughter, along with 2 other visitors, no-one took any notice of the alarm bell that we had been ringing, in the end one of the other ladies managed to prise the doors open.
19. Staff refused to ring transport people for me when I had the wrong time on my return booking, refused to let me use a phone stating guests are not allowed to use the phones - at other hotels I have stayed they have phoned for me.
20. Reception area was shambolic, no structure.
21. Heard lots of people complaining.
22. Lifts stuck again, but again managed to get them started.
23. On my last morning at breakfast (25 May) the lights went out and everyone was eating in the dark for about 5-10 minutes.
24. Paceville is awful - do not stay there unless you are a young clubber!
This was not my first visit to Malta, have stayed in Qawra and Bugibba before, would recommend these over Paceville any day.
25. Oh yes, on day I changed rooms to La Vallette I asked about late check out as my flight was at 2.55am 26 May - was informed I would have to pay 40 Euros for late check out, although they do provide a locked luggage room.

If I had known how bad it was going to be I would have booked a private apartment somewhere and catered for myself, but wanted to give my granddaughter a special first holiday abroad. it was not a good experience! Very disorganised, over booking - does not deserve a 3 star rating.

Room Tip: Although get a sea view with higher floors at La Vallette, need to go into rooms in middle of block...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Rosiejanesnan
Blue Sea H, Manager at The St. George's Park Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear Guests,

Due to the personal nature of your comments, I would request you contact me directly.

The Manager!
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

I would highly recommend to anyone not to stay in this hotel. When we arrived to our room it was very dirty, unhygienic. There was food on the floor and generally dirty. Stains in the bath tub and on the bed sheets. The supposed 'third bed' was a cardboard box with a gym mat on top, not even made up. And the staff were extremely rude, aggressive when we confronted them about this. We later found out that people had been getting ill from the food. Stay away from this place!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

This hotel was very cheap and I suppose you get what you pay for. It was like a big version of Fawlty Towers. There was total confusion about where people were staying and there was a constant queue of irate guests. The rooms were OK and cleaned regularly but you had to pay extra to use the hotel pools and sun beds.That's a new one!! Also beware the lifts as many people ended up getting stuck in them! A building was being demolished next door when we stayed there so forget any peace and quiet. It was cheap though!!

1 Thank tigerclown
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review.

All of your comments are taken seriously, and we are doing our best to better services via training staff, and improving facilities according to the rating of the hotel.

St.Georges Park and La Vallete
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

we tayed i week we in 60s and had cot in room fridge had mouldy pizza in it meals were same every day and terrible no tables empty and service bad we ate out every day to avoid long queses.we had no reception on television and we had to go to other hotel for free drinks once again long oueses very noisy at night and rowdy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Julian's
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,392 reviews
Dean Hamlet Hotel
Dean Hamlet Hotel
#20 of 34 in Saint Julian's

Been to The St. George's Park Hotel? Share your experiences!