Apparently this hotel is classed as a 3 star. I certainly wouldn't agree with that, but it's not as bad as many people made out in their reviews. I went expecting the worst, and instead got poor.
The lifts broke down frequently, but everywhere seemed reasonably clean.
1) It's overrun by teens and early twenty somethings that think it is perfectly acceptable to run about shouting and banging doors in the corridor until 6am....every night! If you are not wanting to do that yourself then don't go here.
2) They changed the drink rules in the all-inclusive DURING the holiday. Taking a few of the cocktails off, presumably to lessen the cost to themselves.
3) You don't get your room serviced every day. When you DO get it services they take away your towels but don't leave clean ones. The two times we did get our room serviced during our 7 day stay I had to go to reception to ask for towels. The other day they tried to service the room just after 8am which was, quite simply, a ludicrous time to service a room!
4) Lifts breaking down frequently. We used the stairs instead after the first couple of days.
The staff? Seemed friendly enough to me. I think some of the customers were way worse!
As my cons outweigh my pros I am fully expecting the carbon copy response of I should have highlighted things to the staff. Not much they can do about point 1, someone else did for point 2, I did for point 3 and point 4 should be fairly obvious!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea St George's Park, Malta is an ideal choice for a lively break to this stunning Mediterranean island. Located in a privileged position within the heart of Paceville, St. Julian's, this property sits just 300m from a pretty sandy beach and provides easy access to a fantastic choice of restaurants, bars and clubs that this vibrant area is renowned for. The Blue Sea St George's Park is perfect for those who are looking for an active holiday in the heart of Malta's night life, with a range of facilities and amenities at hand to keep everyone entertained. With classic décor throughout the reception area, the atmosphere of this property makes it a great place to relax and unwind after a day of sightseeing or after enjoying the lively local nightlife. The two outdoor swimming pools, one indoor pool (not heated) and a children's pool, provide plenty of idyllic places to soak up the Mediterranean sunshine. Guests of the Blue Sea St George's Park have the opportunity to get active at the gym (available at a local charge). The nearby sandy beach of St. George's Bay, is just a few minutes' walk from the Blue Sea St. George's Park and offers a host of water sports (all at a local charge). A range of dining options are available at the Blue Sea St George's Park that include a lounge bar, pool bar (seasonal) and a buffet restaurant. An in-house entertainment program is offered throughout the year to ensure that everything is provided for a fun and relaxing holiday for the young at heart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Priceline, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St. George's Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Georges Park Complex Hotel Saint Julian`s
- The St. George's Park Hotel Malta