We stayed in the Marina in early July with our three children.We had an interconnecting room,which was great as they had their own bathroom which is a must with teenage girls!The rooms were fine,the beds great(very comfortable!),the balcony furniture ok,although a bit flimsy for a four star hotel!The rooms were cleaned daily,but at times not very thoroughly as our floors were filthy.We did get onto reception about it and had it sorted.On the plus side,we had fresh towels daily.
The hotel staff were helpful and courteous generally,especially in the bar.However,we did have an issue with our booking at reception,which was only spotted on our second week and with the kind help of Robert,it was all sorted.In light of that,I would say reception staff do need to brush up on their skills as our situation could have been avoided,as it hadn't been spotted on four separate occasions! The only other issue with staff would be the poolside bar,they were very slow to help and would leave you standing at the counter,came across as being a bit rude.
The hotel offers a courtesy bus to Valetta every morning,which is great if you can get on it!I would suggest a ticketing system(other hotels operate this successfully),as we had the experience of being first out to que,but not getting on the bus as a result of rude people pushing ahead,not nice!
The food in the hotel is good,lovely fresh fruit at breakfast,a good choice for dinner....loved the desserts!The bar menu was great and reasonably priced.
The pools were great,although the smaller ones seem to be open to the public who tend to take over and are very noisy.We tended to use the sister hotels pool,which my kids loved!
In relation to the area of St George,I was a bit disappointed.It's full of students,the noise is awful at night once you walk down the hill from the hotel and the beach area is filthy and smelly after a night of drinking,we never set foot on it.We actually had the experience of trying to have an evening in a local bar when an awful drink fueled fight broke out among a crowd of youths,not pleasant at all.Thankfully the hotel is far enough away from it,but could benefit from this if they put on a bit of evening entertainment as they have a very spacious bar area which we would have used more.The only other choice is Henry J Beans,which is not great....food awful and service worse.
Disappointed with the area but nice hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring panoramic views out over Malta's St. George's Bay, the Marina Hotel is near the Paceville district's lively nightlife. It features a private beach club, a diving center, free Wi-Fi throughout and a total of 9 dining options. This 4-star hotel is part of the 5-star Corinthia Beach Resort, which has excellent water sports facilities and 5 outdoor swimming pools. Guests also have free access to an indoor heated pool, a sauna, a gym and spa facilities at the Apollo Day Spa. Decorated in bright pastel colors, all rooms are spacious and feature a balcony, a sitting area and a dressing table. They include air conditioning, a satellite flat-screen TV, and free Wi-Fi access. The Marina Hotel at the Corinthia Beach Resort has 9 restaurants and 7 bars with Mediterranean and innovative international dishes. A generous breakfast buffet is served daily. You will be just a few steps from a sandy beach and in the heart of Paceville's entertainment district. Both free and private parking are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Hotel At The Corinthia Beach Saint Julian`s
- Corinthia Marina Hotel Malta
- Corinthia Marina Malta
- Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort Malta