We are regular visitors to Malta (having lived there for 3yrs back in 1970s), but first stay in the Marina Hotel since 1999 when the hotel was quite new.
The hotel does not appear to have changed much in 12 years. It is located right on the edge of St.George's Bay with the shopping areas/restaurants etc. at St.Julians/Paceville being a 10minute walk away. Our room was comfortable with a pleasant view over the bay, but, as another reviewer commented, we heard a lot of noise from within the hotel, such as furniture scraping across a non-carpeted floor somewhere. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.
During our stay we encountered only one major and two minor niggles.The major niggle related to the very poor shower controls and wall-mounted swivel head attachment. Both worn out and in dire need of replacement, Together they created a real danger of one getting burnt by the (very hot) hot water.
The minor niggles included the TV remote which seemed to have a mind of it's own, and the fact that only 2 milks were left daily to go with the ample supplies of tea and coffee provided for free in the room. However, though, the provision of tea/coffee in the room is commendable in itself, we have previously stayed at so-called 5* hotels in Malta (including the adjoining sister hotel Corinthia San Gorg) where a charge is made for this facility.
We did not eat in the Marina Hotel dining room, but did use the cafes immediately outside, and also the Corinthia lounge from time to time. All good food and not excessively expensive, but eating was cheaper if we walked a few hundred metres to nearby establishments.
We hired a car for the duration of our stay, but as the Marina Hotel charge for parking in the secure underground car park we preferred to park for free in the non-secure car park outside the Corinthia Hotel, just a 5 minute walk away.
A quick note to anybody visiting Malta for the first time and thinking of hiring a car - the traffic is absolutely horrendous around the St.Julians/Sliema/Valletta area, parking is virtually impossible, and, although the local driving standards are improving they are still way below UK standards, the locals have no patience whatsoever on the road.
All-in-all though, we love Malta and the friendly Maltese people, and would probably stay at the Marina Hotel again in the future.
Just a shame about that traffic though, and the 'new' buses.......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring panoramic views out over Malta's St. George's Bay, the Marina Hotel is near the Paceville district's lively nightlife. It features a private beach club, a diving center, free Wi-Fi throughout and a total of 9 dining options. This 4-star hotel is part of the 5-star Corinthia Beach Resort, which has excellent water sports facilities and 5 outdoor swimming pools. Guests also have free access to an indoor heated pool, a sauna, a gym and spa facilities at the Apollo Day Spa. Decorated in bright pastel colors, all rooms are spacious and feature a balcony, a sitting area and a dressing table. They include air conditioning, a satellite flat-screen TV, and free Wi-Fi access. The Marina Hotel at the Corinthia Beach Resort has 9 restaurants and 7 bars with Mediterranean and innovative international dishes. A generous breakfast buffet is served daily. You will be just a few steps from a sandy beach and in the heart of Paceville's entertainment district. Both free and private parking are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Lastminute, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Hotel At The Corinthia Beach Saint Julian`s
- Corinthia Marina Hotel Malta
- Corinthia Marina Malta
- Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort Malta