Dear Travellers, I've travelled in my time but have never met such, friendly, helpful, polite and professional staff in a hotel from reception, concierge to dining room. They remember your names, help you organise your trips and always smiling. Felt nothing was ever too much. I was on a 2 week holiday and had my partner staying with me for a week-end and friend booked another room during my stay also.
Breakfast was good, hot cooked food, fruit, cereals, continental, juices, bread, teas and coffees. They have gluten free bread if you ask.
Coffee shop sandwiches are very tasty. Try the local maltese bread called Fitr (I think) with tuna, olives, capers, tomatoes and onions. Deeeelicious!
Do not eat here in the evening. 24 Euros for buffet meal which is bland and tasteless.
The room was lovely. Not perfectly clean and tidied everyday as I expected but was ok. Rooms had tiled floors and guests as well as cleaning staff would drag furniture along the floor to make a loud noise. My friends seaview room was aamzing. Top floor, decor nicer and had less neighbours moving their furniture around.
My room had a great view of the Bay. Sun shone in the mornings, filling the whole room up. It was glorious. Bathroom was a good size. The bed was huge and very comfortable. They also provided bath robes and slippers.
During my stay I was unhappy with the service that City sightseeing bus company had provided and the hotel manager named Robert had arranged to obtain free tickets for Malta sightseeing in compensation. It wasn't the hotels fault but they went out of their way to help you enjoy your stay.
The hotel has a shuttle bus which drops you off at Valletta the capital at 0930 and returns you back at 1730.
I'd needed to have the hotel doctor visit me during my stay and Stephen, senior staff at reception was so kind advise that he was made aware that the doctor was called and offered to help if I needed anything. Genuinely lovely staff.
I had booked thru low cost holidays. £40 a night was the rate.
It was located at the end of St Juliens at St Georges Bay. Nightlife, shopping mall, shops and bus stops were all within 5-10 minutes walk.
Solo female travellers beware. Paceville the nightclub district is a few minutes away from the hotel. It also has about 5 gentlemens clubs all on one road. Be wary, I was yelled at by a group of guys working in the kebab stall on the stairs leading to the main street that I was walking past "try my sausage, you can take it for free". If you're a female, not looking like a local....the local males believe that you may work in these clubs and therefore yell at you.
I did feel safe walking around, just was bristled by it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring panoramic views out over Malta's St. George's Bay, the Marina Hotel is near the Paceville district's lively nightlife. It features a private beach club, a diving center, free Wi-Fi throughout and a total of 9 dining options. This 4-star hotel is part of the 5-star Corinthia Beach Resort, which has excellent water sports facilities and 5 outdoor swimming pools. Guests also have free access to an indoor heated pool, a sauna, a gym and spa facilities at the Apollo Day Spa. Decorated in bright pastel colors, all rooms are spacious and feature a balcony, a sitting area and a dressing table. They include air conditioning, a satellite flat-screen TV, and free Wi-Fi access. The Marina Hotel at the Corinthia Beach Resort has 9 restaurants and 7 bars with Mediterranean and innovative international dishes. A generous breakfast buffet is served daily. You will be just a few steps from a sandy beach and in the heart of Paceville's entertainment district. Both free and private parking are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Lastminute, Prestigia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Hotel At The Corinthia Beach Saint Julian`s
- Corinthia Marina Hotel Malta
- Corinthia Marina Malta
- Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort Malta