Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort
US$218
US$305
US$246
  • Pool
Le Meridien St. Julians(Saint Julian's)
US$280
Argento Hotel(Saint Julian's)
US$217
US$183
  • Pool
The George Hotel(Saint Julian's)
US$210
US$221
US$216
getaroom.com
2,303 results
All reviewssister hotelsea viewst george's bayhenry j beansplenty of sunbedslovely hotelreception staffout of seasonbars and restaurantsenjoyable staypool barbus stopsmall beachbuffet breakfastshort breaksandy beachhalf board
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed for 5 days in the end of March. The room was big, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was large. The breakfast was nice. We had a sea view room which is actually a bayview in the 2nd floor 7206 room. We enjoyed our terrace and the location was pleasant.
The staff of the hotel very friendly and helpful. We had halfboard and for dinner we changed the buffet dinner to "da marina" pizza pasta restaurant which had a friendly staff and a grilled salmon steak that I liked.
We used one time the indoor pool of the neighbour Corinthia hotel (it is small but pleasant)
The bus to Valetta is a 10 minutes walk(30-60 minutes drive due to traffic jams). but the bus was crowded and after visiting Valetta(with a day ticket 2.60 euro adult+0.5 child) we chose the other days to travel with the tourist double decker buses which has a bus stop near the hotel (city and malta sightseeing which are more expensive than regular bus 15+9 euro child) but were more comfortable since traveling with a child and we could hop on hop off .
The only cons about the hotel is the price they charged for late checkout that we had. The price asked was 15 euros per hour(from 13 oclock and on) which was higher than the price if booked a full day through the net. as I mentioned it to the staff they made it the same price as a full day 75 euros. I had late checkouts even in big cities like Berlin,Rome ,London or Prague It was usually half price and not a full day price.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank liketravelling4321
ManagementCBR, Front Office Manager at Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to note that our facilities and dining options were to your liking and that our team members have exceeded your expectations.

With regards to late check out fees, the prices vary subject to the current availablity on the day of departure.

We all look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly on robert.borgmillo@marinahotel.com.mt when planning your next visit.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Dear Travellers, I've travelled in my time but have never met such, friendly, helpful, polite and professional staff in a hotel from reception, concierge to dining room. They remember your names, help you organise your trips and always smiling. Felt nothing was ever too much. I was on a 2 week holiday and had my partner staying with me for a week-end and friend booked another room during my stay also.

Breakfast was good, hot cooked food, fruit, cereals, continental, juices, bread, teas and coffees. They have gluten free bread if you ask.
Coffee shop sandwiches are very tasty. Try the local maltese bread called Fitr (I think) with tuna, olives, capers, tomatoes and onions. Deeeelicious!
Do not eat here in the evening. 24 Euros for buffet meal which is bland and tasteless.

The room was lovely. Not perfectly clean and tidied everyday as I expected but was ok. Rooms had tiled floors and guests as well as cleaning staff would drag furniture along the floor to make a loud noise. My friends seaview room was aamzing. Top floor, decor nicer and had less neighbours moving their furniture around.
My room had a great view of the Bay. Sun shone in the mornings, filling the whole room up. It was glorious. Bathroom was a good size. The bed was huge and very comfortable. They also provided bath robes and slippers.

During my stay I was unhappy with the service that City sightseeing bus company had provided and the hotel manager named Robert had arranged to obtain free tickets for Malta sightseeing in compensation. It wasn't the hotels fault but they went out of their way to help you enjoy your stay.

The hotel has a shuttle bus which drops you off at Valletta the capital at 0930 and returns you back at 1730.

I'd needed to have the hotel doctor visit me during my stay and Stephen, senior staff at reception was so kind advise that he was made aware that the doctor was called and offered to help if I needed anything. Genuinely lovely staff.

I had booked thru low cost holidays. £40 a night was the rate.

It was located at the end of St Juliens at St Georges Bay. Nightlife, shopping mall, shops and bus stops were all within 5-10 minutes walk.

Solo female travellers beware. Paceville the nightclub district is a few minutes away from the hotel. It also has about 5 gentlemens clubs all on one road. Be wary, I was yelled at by a group of guys working in the kebab stall on the stairs leading to the main street that I was walking past "try my sausage, you can take it for free". If you're a female, not looking like a local....the local males believe that you may work in these clubs and therefore yell at you.
I did feel safe walking around, just was bristled by it.

Room Tip: ask for sea view
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank divingdiva74
ManagementCBR, Front Office Manager at Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Management and Team members I would like to thank you for highlighting our friendliness with all other fellow reviewers.

It has been indeed of great pleasure to have you as our guest and we really look forward to having another opportunity of welcoming you at our Hotel in the near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on robert.borgmillo@marinahotel.com.mt when any of your relatives or friends are planning to visit the Maltese Islands.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed here for a week in March 2012. We found the hotel very clean, great and helpful staff and good on site restaurants. We were a bit out of season so the hotel was very quiet and just gearing up for spring but that meant we never had any problems getting a table in any of the cafe or restaurants. On arrival we opted for inclusive breakfast which was a great decision as there were not to many other places available locally.

Hotel a bit out of town but there are plenty of buses and taxis available. Local nightlife about 500 yards away in Paceville frequented by the local young folk at the weekends. Very lively to say the least.

Hotel highly recommended.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms look fantastic.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Woodboy405

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind comments on the services rendered during your recent stay at our Hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on robert.borgmillo@marinahotel.com.mt when planning another visit to the Maltese Islands.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed a few nights on a business trip and the hotel was excellent. The airport pick up was on time, reception staff were very welcoming and the check in was done quickly with no fuss. The lobby is clean and well presented and all the staff greeted me with a smile and hello.
The rooms are really good, well laid out with all the necessary amenities. Beds are excellent and the quiet location makes for a good nights sleep. The wine bar and restaurant were excellent as well and the coffee and pastries really world class. The location is ideal for Paceville and the views over the bay are idyllic.
Breakfast buffet is very good with a wide choice.
The only downside was that the towels were a bit hard and grey and wireless in the rooms is expensive at 10E for 10 hours (although it is free in the lobby).
But otherwise, fantastic value for money.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
ManagementCBR, Front Office Manager at Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for review and we are very pleased to learn that you were impressed with both our leisure facilities and hospitality.

Should you decide to visit Malta again , being on leisure or business, please do contact me on robert.borgmillo@marinahotel.com.mt

We really look forward to welcoming you once again.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

We were recommended the Bayview Restaurant at the Corinthia Marina Beach Resort for our family sunday lunch, as we had a birthday of a family member to celebrate.

We all really enjoyed our lunch and with the ample variety of food and desserts for all palates and tastes, this mouthwatering food extravaganza went down extremely well. In other words we could not go wrong.

All the staff made us feel very welcome and were friendly and nothing was too much trouble, despite the restaurant being super busy.

The restaurant is very family friendly as well.

The price paid was extremely attractive and it was great value for money.

This is certainly the venue for a family celebrating that special birthday or other important occasion.

I recommend this restaurant without batting an eyelid.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AlexAbela
ManagementCBR, Front Office Manager at Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Your positive compliments on both the quality of our food and service were passed on to our Executive Chef & Food & Beverage Team.

On behalf of the Management and Team Members, I would like to thank you for sharing your dining experience with other fellow readers.