On arrival my first impression of the Hotel was not good it was very dated and old fashioned not at all modern, we proceeded to our room which I would only call much of the same the tiled floor area of bathroom bedroom and tiny balcony was filthy and had not had a good wash in some time the patio table was rusted and patio tatty the net curtains had never seen an iron and were hanging off the curtain rail. We were there in time for dinner while the selection was good the food was mostly overcooked and cold. The evening we arrived was very warm so we were looking fordward to air conditioning it did not work I spent most of the night on the balcony I was so unwell with the opressive heat because of this I was eaten alive by mosquitos and the bites on my husband and myself became infected as a diabetic this posed a serious health risk to me,we reported the AC and were told it would be looked at it was never repaired and never worked during our stay. On the morning we were leaving there was some conseridable noise next door, workmen had pulled down part of the ceiling and were trying to do repairs to the ac.
We availed of the complimentary bus to Valetta asked the driver where we would find some shops he pointed to the right we headed in that direction went full circle in the intense heat asked another person he said go to the left we found the shopping area. We made our own way home and were dropped about a 2mile walk from the Hotel the transport is terrible, dont bother going downtown at night all you will see are kids drinking and smoking in the sheesha bars while the filthy sreets are strewn with black bin bags of rubbish.
Another point the Hotel pool is open to non residents so you have the locals with their packed lunches taking up the best sun beds filling the pool to capicity while paying quests have to take whats left. There is no pool supervision and adults and children diving into the pool all the while make for a bad experience and the area is again dirty. I have nothing good to say about this Hotel or its location from the pompous receptionist who had no local knowledge and seemed to like to patronise the guest the only good thing was that it was time to go home. Our holiday ruined and 1800.00euro down. So please if you want a good quality Hotel avoid this one the holiday brochure is very misleading we were told by a rep in the airport that we had chosen a very bad location how right she was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring panoramic views out over Malta's St. George's Bay, the Marina Hotel is near the Paceville district's lively nightlife. It features a private beach club, a diving center, free Wi-Fi throughout and a total of 9 dining options. This 4-star hotel is part of the 5-star Corinthia Beach Resort, which has excellent water sports facilities and 5 outdoor swimming pools. Guests also have free access to an indoor heated pool, a sauna, a gym and spa facilities at the Apollo Day Spa. Decorated in bright pastel colors, all rooms are spacious and feature a balcony, a sitting area and a dressing table. They include air conditioning, a satellite flat-screen TV, and free Wi-Fi access. The Marina Hotel at the Corinthia Beach Resort has 9 restaurants and 7 bars with Mediterranean and innovative international dishes. A generous breakfast buffet is served daily. You will be just a few steps from a sandy beach and in the heart of Paceville's entertainment district. Both free and private parking are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Prestigia, Lastminute, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Hotel At The Corinthia Beach Saint Julian`s
- Corinthia Marina Hotel Malta
- Corinthia Marina Malta
- Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort Malta