My review is solely based on the Hotel's Mediterranean Wine Bar & Bistro. The Vinotheque.
Nothing beats a good coffee, great atmosphere, a bit of a buzz and a good chat. Our choice, Vinotheque Bistro right in the heart of St. George’s Bay, a sleek coffee shop/restaurant . The décor and furnishings are pleasant and charming. Staff very friendly. We managed to park right across. Being Monday there was ample parking space. Though I wanted to sit outside, as it was not too cold, my wife had no problem finding an empty table inside. The venue was busy with both old, young, business types and more!
A waiter quickly served us. Although the menu had a lot to offer, we ordered a cappuccino and an Ainisette Maltese, or as it was formally known ‘kisra hobz’. The coffee was at our table 3 minutes later. It was a generous cup and very well made. The coffee was delicious, rich and creamy. Our bread order came when we were almost half way through our Cappuccino. Nicely presented in a plate of Hors dóeuvres, the bread had tomato paste spread inside it and neatly surrounded with various delicacies: peppered cheeselets, stuffed olives, anchovies, capers, tinned tuna, bean paste (bigilla) and olive oil. Black olives replaced the sun dried tomatoes which was listed in the menu. Unfortunately even the bread was not the genuine Maltese hobza. The waiter made up for this shortcoming by offering us a free drink and 2 pieces of dark chocolate truffles.
All in all we spent an hour of relax chatting and eating something traditionally Maltese, something we miss doing at home, in a nice atmosphere and without putting holes in my pocket. Three cheers go to Juanita our server at the table…(I hate calling her waitress). She was fantastic. We will surely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring panoramic views out over Malta's St. George's Bay, the Marina Hotel is near the Paceville district's lively nightlife. It features a private beach club, a diving center, free Wi-Fi throughout and a total of 9 dining options. This 4-star hotel is part of the 5-star Corinthia Beach Resort, which has excellent water sports facilities and 5 outdoor swimming pools. Guests also have free access to an indoor heated pool, a sauna, a gym and spa facilities at the Apollo Day Spa. Decorated in bright pastel colors, all rooms are spacious and feature a balcony, a sitting area and a dressing table. They include air conditioning, a satellite flat-screen TV, and free Wi-Fi access. The Marina Hotel at the Corinthia Beach Resort has 9 restaurants and 7 bars with Mediterranean and innovative international dishes. A generous breakfast buffet is served daily. You will be just a few steps from a sandy beach and in the heart of Paceville's entertainment district. Both free and private parking are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Lastminute, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Hotel At The Corinthia Beach Saint Julian`s
- Corinthia Marina Hotel Malta
- Corinthia Marina Malta
- Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort Malta