We booked through Travel Republic & requested Top Floor as well as paying for Twin Room with direct sea view & balcony. We paid a litle extra for a bigger room that slept 3. (although only 2 of us) When we arrived, & the room was allocated, I asked is it top floor? We were advised no, 4th Floor.(5 floors in hotel) I said I requested Top Floor & paid for Direct sea view. But the girl just kept saying it's 4th floor, with no attempt to check if there were rooms on requested floor. My husband & I were tired, so we pushed it no further thinking maybe they were full. When we arrived at the room, accompanied by Joseph (who was very helpful) it was a double bed not twin as requested, and the balcony had a side sea view over the bay, with buildings in front of us & facing an old derilict Lido. with a 100meter strech of sea between. We were there for only a week, so we decided to accept it as the room was quite big & the bed was bigger than usual. It was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Literally!! The first night, my husband got about 15 mozzy bites!! He kept waking up looking for them. The next night, we asked for a Plug in, & bought some spray, which I sprayed through the air con grills & left the air con on low overnight. (No Air con, Just the fans) This seemed to help.
The food at breakfast was varied & plentiful. The fried eggs were luke warm & they are cooked en mass & left in a tray under hot lights. But always plenty to eat. Evening meal, not so good. They were catered more for the large private parties that were held on various nights. I ended up just having salad & bread rolls for 2 nights. There was an Italian restuaraunt on the grounds & an American Diner, Henry J Beans, which the hotel gives you a voucher for so you get 15 euros each off your meal if you go there. The steak I had was cooked to perfection!! And they have a happy hour from 18.00 - 19.30 every day. Cocktails were lovely & buy one get 1 free!!.
I did not realise when booking that the indoor pool & Jacuzi etc, was in the sister hotel. Although you are allowed to use the facilities, it is a little bit of a walk, if you went there in your swimsuit etc. as the weather wasn't too great. Free wi-fi in the lobby & free internet as well. There is a lot of building work going on in Malta. Even down from the hotel. (not so much the noise bothered me, just everywhere you went there was a building site. The local bars down the hill being no exception. There is a bit of an incline to get back to hotel each time, so please bear that in mind when booking. Hotel bus takes you to either Sliema or Valetta at 9.30 evey day, but don't pick up until 5.30pm. The bus stop is a fair walk away. The open top bus tour stops outside the hotel & for 15 euros, you can take a tour of the Island, on a hop on hop off basis. The hotel has a lot of outdoor seating which is really nice wether permitting.
All in all the hotel was OK. I would have given a 3 star if it wasn't for The American Diner. But I doubt if I would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring panoramic views out over Malta's St. George's Bay, the Marina Hotel is near the Paceville district's lively nightlife. It features a private beach club, a diving center, free Wi-Fi throughout and a total of 9 dining options. This 4-star hotel is part of the 5-star Corinthia Beach Resort, which has excellent water sports facilities and 5 outdoor swimming pools. Guests also have free access to an indoor heated pool, a sauna, a gym and spa facilities at the Apollo Day Spa. Decorated in bright pastel colors, all rooms are spacious and feature a balcony, a sitting area and a dressing table. They include air conditioning, a satellite flat-screen TV, and free Wi-Fi access. The Marina Hotel at the Corinthia Beach Resort has 9 restaurants and 7 bars with Mediterranean and innovative international dishes. A generous breakfast buffet is served daily. You will be just a few steps from a sandy beach and in the heart of Paceville's entertainment district. Both free and private parking are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Lastminute, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Hotel At The Corinthia Beach Saint Julian`s
- Corinthia Marina Hotel Malta
- Corinthia Marina Malta
- Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort Malta