“good value short break”

Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Just stayed at Marina Hotel, hotel facilities are good, clean and spacious. As it was my first visit to Malta I thought staff were a little unfriendly, however having gone to other places realise that this is the maltese way and in fact the staff at Marina were very friendly in comparision. I was a little annoyed with the morning room servicing, after a late arrival I was asked to get up to sign that I did not want my room serviced at 8.30am.
But overall was happy with the cleaniness, large sea-view room with good bathroom facilities.
As off season all outdoor areas were open but able to use facilities at Corinthia, in-door pool is very small, but plenty pools outdoors for hotter weather.
Location is good if you want a quieter spot than St. Julians. It's about 15mins walk to St. Julians harbour - steps and hilly.
Placeville is a nightclubbing area at the bottom of the hill, a little undesirable to walk through at night.
Was useful to find a bus stop at the top of the road which goes to St. Julians, Slemina, Valetta, only 2.60 for an all day ticket.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank butm
ManagementCBR, Front Office Manager at Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and observations. Our room attendants are assisgned to start servicing the rooms as from 08.30am onwards and any rooms with the Do not Disturb sign are done at a later stage. We apologise if we disturbed you.

On a seperate note, we hope that your stay at our Hotel was indeed a memorable one. Should you have any family members or friends visiting Malta, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,250)

Reviewed 5 April 2013

The Hotel is part of a bigger Hotel next door but you can use the facilities of both. Went for a short break knowing the area & have stayed at the Hotel before. Nice Hotel good friendly staff & generally good all round. Renovations were being done so several parts were not useable ie pool and poor bar area but that would probably be due to closed season prior to Easter. Not that we would have used the area very much due to the cool North east winds which prevailed for most of our break but if you found a sheltered area away from the wind it was very nice indeed. Perfect hotel as a base to tour the island. City tour buses pass every 30 mins or so two companies to choose from plus tours from reception are available. Visit Gozo if you have a chance very nice & feels newer, well worth the effort & ferry crossing. All in all the only thing that let it down was the final morning breakfast which due to flights we were early 04:30 & as such nothing available despite the request previous night. They worked hard & quick to provide tea/coffee & a few things but should have been ready & more of it. But again still a good hotel to visit. We had B&B and walking round the area we found some very good cheap restaurants so all in all a good break.

Room Tip: prefer a 2nd/higher floor room sea view. Although ground 1 was good.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris J
ManagementCBR, Front Office Manager at Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We apologize for the delay in providing the early breakfast which is normally provided in the lobby for early departures. We have already taken corrective measures in order to ensure that this incident does not repeat itself.

Alternatively we are pleased to learn that your stay at the Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort was indeed most enjoyable and relaxing.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when planning your next visit to the Maltese Islands.

It would be a real pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

It is a 4 Star Hotel with 5 Star Service and cleanliness, very friendly and efficient staff. Excellent
variety and quality of food both at Dinner & Breakfast times.The rooms are spacious with almost
everything provided for a comfortable stay. The hotel has sea front location in a tranquil location but very close to main bus routes, Paceville and St Julian Marina ( which have loads of excellent Resturants and exciting night life) . It is a very modern Hotel and the guests are allowed to enjoy its adjoining 5 Star Corinthia Hotel's ammenities too. The Front Desk staff are exceptionally helpful, knowledgeable and always ready to help you with a smiling face. My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at Marina and would recommend it very highly to anyone going to Malta for a relaxing holidays.

Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate your kind comments and positive feedback which was based on your recent visit at our Hotel.

In the event that any of your family members or friends decide to visit the Maltese Islands, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

I stayed at the Corinthia Marina, as it was then, about 12 years ago and booked it on price and position. For this visit, I needed somewhere comfortable for a six day business trip and booked the Marina for the same reasons....a good sized double room, including breakfast for 70 odd euros. The position is in walking distance of plenty of shops, bars and restaurants without being too lively itself.

Booked a standard queen sized double and got a nice room but overlooking the street at the front of the hotel. Asked (nicely) if I could change to a sea view....no problem! I had to wait one night for a sea view room to become available but they even moved me while I was out at the pool. The first example of truly excellent customer service. New room perfect, very clean, comfortable bed and well appointed and spacious bathroom. Beautiful view from the furnished balcony.

Breakfast is plentiful and a notch above the usual buffet, especially the cooked options (good bacon!). Tables are kept clear and the staff are attentive but discrete.

I did have trouble with the wifi in my room. It is free for checking emails but; f you wanted something more substantial it is quite expensive. I needed to work remotely with my office so I needed the premium service. Just could not get it to work!! The staff could not have been more helpful and tried everything. Eventually the IT specialist fixed me up and I'm using it to post this review. Second example of great service from all of the team.

The pool areas are little used at this time of year (early April) but are still clean and well furnished. Enjoyed a massage in the neighboring spa at special offer half price.

If you want a large , well run hotel, great value for money and all the comforts of home, I would recommend the Marina.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view, it really is worth it. Floors 4 and 5 give the best views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Management and Team members I would like to thank you for your kind comments and recommendations.

We sincerely hope that you decide to visit us again in the very near future and if any family members or friends decide to visit Malta, please do ask them to contact me directly.

We thank you once again for your kindness.

Regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Just got back from a stay at this hotel. I can,t recommend it highly enough. Ideal location for night life, a fantastic array of restaurants and the main bus routes. On the hotel, good standard rooms, very spacious, comfortable and clean. First class breakfast and everything runs so smoothly. Finally I can,t praise the staff enough, always available to help, pleasant and totally attentive. Thank you all for making our stay so easy.

Room Tip: Room at the back of the hotel overlooking st George's bay sunny most of the day but not in eveni...

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are truly pleased that both our facilities and levels of customer service did make a positive impact during your recent stay with us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly in the event that you plan to visit the Maltese Islands once again.

It would be a real pleasure to welcoming you back and meet you in person.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Good hotel and friendly and efficient staff. Excellent quality of food and choice at breakfast. However, March was probably not the best time to visit as our week was spoilt by the rain. This hotel is advertised as St Julians, but beware - it is St Georges Bay, on the outskirts of St Julians. I would imagine the walk from the hotel into St Julians to be extremely hot in the summer. This hotel is in the Paceville area of St Julians which has it's fair share of gentlemens clubs and nightclubs for the younger set, so be warned if that is not your idea of a walk out at night. In March not all the restaurants were open and there was much frantic activity refurbishing and getting the resort ready for the main summer season. We found a wonderful restaurant - Gozitan, serving local food with excellent hospitality which finally made us feel as though we were on the holiday that we were hoping for.

2  Thank JandRWestSussex

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to note that our team members and cuisine did exceed your expectations.

Alternatively we are sorry to learn that the weather was not as expected durng your stay with us.This might be a good reason to return though.

We sincerely hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you at our Hotel and if any family or friends decide to visit Malta, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Lovely hotel if you wish to stay in the area. Great views across St.George's Bay,lovely restaurants,relaxing atmosphere all round. We found the food great.
Our room was faultless,as was the service and we enjoyed our balcony. Super comfy beds. Relaxing decor.
My wife was also very impressed that you are allowed to use the indoor pool and spa at it's sister hotel the Corinthia, which is a two minutes walk away.
The Hotel is a short walk down a shallow hill into the bay,and then on into the main drag of Paceville, which is brim full of entertainment and restaurants to suit all tastes. (Oh- and at the bottom of the hill to the right check out our favourite bar and eatery- Andrew's Bar...I've left a review elsewhere here- do check them out).
We liked the fact that after the buzzing atmosphere of St.Julian's it was great to be able to return to a haven of tranquility.
I've been to some 4 star hotels but this place is way up the scale.
If I had to rate this hotel out of five stars I'd give it 4 1/2.
If I had to rate the staff by the same criteria they would get 11,they really do their utmost to please-I'm really impressed and grateful-thank you all we had the best time.

2  Thank DandJfromWales
#12 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Hotel Valentina
Hotel Valentina
#1 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort? Share your experiences!