“A bit warm” 3 of 5 bubbles

Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Saint Julian's
“A bit warm”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Ok, it was the. Night of summer but I have to say the quality of the air conditioning in the common areas was not up to scratch, rooms was fine and thankfully the AC in there was fine once I worked out how to switch it on.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
ManagementCBR, Front Office Manager at Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Thank you for your review. Being that the Hotel lobby is relatively spacious ,the loss of chilled air is inevitable during heat wave periods.

Meanwhile, we are glad to note that the aircnditioning in your room was up to your expectations.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when planning your next visit to the Maltese Islands.

It would be a real pleasure to welcome you once again at the Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
  • Finnish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
NSW
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed at the Marina in June/July for the second time in six months. As usual, the staff could not do enough for us with all of them going out of their way to ensure that our visit was perfect.
To start with, Carmelo had given us an exceptional deal for our return visit and applied this same rate for my daughter and her partner without any hesitation even though it was only for one night. Not only did he help us with this but it was obviously not a chore for him and something he was more than happy to do.

There are so many staff that I would like to name but I would be here for ever so I will give a special mention to Denise who looked after us for breakfast.

The staff in the coffee shop were also wonderful and we were always treated with so much friendliness it was amazing. My very fussy partner always had his special coffee order made to perfection.

I must make a special mention of Joseph. Although we no longer find Joseph in the reception area, he is still at the hotel and he still remains the most friendly and helpful man that we came to know on our first visit.

Unfortunately, Reuben, the General Manager is off to another hotel shortly and he will be missed but I am sure a replacement will also be of Reuben's high caliber.

The location of the hotel is excellent. It is out of the party hub and night time noise of Paceville but a very easy walk whenever you wanted to involve yourself in this. My elderly mum and intellectually disabled friend had absolutely no trouble making the walk both down the hill and back up. Speaking of my friend, everyone treated her with respect and good humour and her stay was also enjoyable.

The facilities of the resort were amazing. Plenty of sun lounges for the many bathers and it was great to have the choice of so many pools or the sea.

The rooms are spacious and clean and well maintained on a daily basis. The breakfast is scrumptious with something for everyone. I doubt there would be anyone who could not find something to their liking. We found the same good service, quality and value in many of the resort's restaurants and often chose to dine in the resort for this reason.

For us, The Marina will be our home away from home whenever we visit Malta which should be twice a year if we are lucky with our daughter now settled in the beautiful island nation.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KLR63
Thank you for the loyalty shown towards the Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort. It is of so much of satisfaction to receive such positive comments on both our services and members of our team.

Meanwhile, we look forward to welcoming you again during your yearly visits to the Maltese Islands.

Sunderland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

The wife and I have just returned from a week in this fantastic hotel. Staying bed and breakfast. The hotel was great and staff excellent. The breakfast was very good and loved the idea of cooking your eggs to your liking while you waited (omelettes, poached) which didnt take long to do at all. Sitting outside on the terrace eating breakfast looking out to sea was a fantastic view.

The idea of using all the pools between the 2 hotels was excellent as well, especially if you didnt want to be round the big pool with all the children, there were plenty others to go and find.

The restaurants in the hotel were very nice and service was very good. Free wifi was a plus, although it worked better outside.

Our room was on the first floor, (we asked for high up but didnt get it) but it wasnt a problem at all. The mini bar in your room was checked every day and always stocked and was reasonably priced for a hotel.

The staff in the Pool Bar would come round every 45 minutes asking if you wanted more drinks which was very good service aswell. The rooms were cleaned and made up everyday. Staff were always polite and friendly.

A very nice hotel, and a good distance from everything. If you want to go clubbing its close enough to you, but its also far enough away not to hear the noise. Fantastic restaurants not to far away and a very small beach (shingle) at the bottom of the road which was 11 euro to have 2 beds and shade for the day.

Would definately stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for higher up, as reception is already on level 3.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank J0hnB1980
On behalf of the Management Team and Staff I would like to thank you for your informative review.

We hope to hear from you once again with a confirmation of another booking. It would be a real pleasure to welcome you back and making your acquaintance.

Meanwhile please do not hesitate to contact me directly when planning your next visit.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

This is a very nice hotel.
Here with wife and 2 daughters.
Didn't really take advantage of the Spa or watersports,just chilled out around the pool and the odd day trip (Valletta is wonderful World Heritage site). Just what the doctor ordered.
Staff were very attentive and nice,particularly the Dutch internee on reception.
Mini bar,tv and wifi good (although I could go insane watching the same news items on a loop from BBC world).
Breakfast on the terrace a view to die for. Staff whip the used plates away not just because they're very good,but to stop the local birds (like sparrows) feeding. Not a problem.
Food very good,but bound to get a bit same-ee after a week.
Town just at the right distance-not so close it's a problem,but not too far to walk.Plenty of eateries to choose from. Very 'nightlife' orientated,or am I getting old ?
Not a beach with this hotel- if that's a problem for you go elsewhere,but there is one 5 mins walk away.
Now for the downside;
Difficult to sleep in the heat - either I didn't get the hang of the air conditioning or it was struggling to cope.
Left the patio doors open one night.It's party central across the very small bay (c 400m) so nightclub in your bedroom til early hours.
Scraping of furniture on floor ajacent to us woke us.This is a downside of tiled floors.
These weren't major problems,just minor irritations.
But the whole experience for me was spoiled by one bizarre incident by the pool;
I was standing alone (nobody within yards of me) against a guardrail ,minding my own business at closing time when I turned towards the pool bar (about 50 feet away) to see a member of staff throw a roll of bin bags at my head.Sounds almost comical but picture a thick roll of bin bags hitting you in the face - it could do some serious damage.Fortunately it flew past my right ear and travelled another 50 feet or so before landing on the quayside below. I stood motionless,staring at the pool bar (in disbelief) until the staff popped up from below the bar,giggling like naughty children,before popping down again. I made my way down to the quayside to retrieve the roll in order to present it back to the pool bar. On my
way back I was headed off by the pool bar manager (?) who made a lame excuse about a mistake and mumbled something about 'the worst day of my life' before I gave him the roll. He obviously thought I was off to the hotel manager to report it. I didn't want to be responsible for another youth unemployment statistic in Europe,but it left a nasty taste in the mouth.
This kind of experience is bound to colour your memories of a hotel no matter how good it was elsewhere. I told the guy I hadn't paid €2500 of my hard earned money to have bin bags thrown at my head. All the hard work of the other staff all week was undone by one idiot.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank paul186337
ManagementCBR, Front Office Manager at Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback and glad to note that our services and facilities were up to your expectations.
The incident at the pool area has been investigated and corrective measures have already been taken. Plese accept our sincere apologies.

Meanwhile we look forward to welcoming you once again at our Hotel and give us another opportunity to make up for your previous experience.

Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Came home last week after a beautiful stay at the Marina Hotel. After landing at the airport it was 20 Euro for a taxi to the Hotel which we found reasonable. The service at the hotel was fantastci. Check-in was friendly, and straight forward. Waiters/Waitresses were all very polite and had good service as well as the housekeeping staff who were all very friendly and fantastic at making up the bedroom. We stayed on the 1st floor with a bayview room. Although being on a higher floor would have been our preference, this did not disappoint. It was lovely to open the balcony doors and see the fresh, blue sea. The pool areas are also very clean and there are no lack of sunbeds. Staff are there to help put up the umbrellas for shade too. Food in the Italian restaurant within the hotel was delicious - a salmon salad I had for lunch would be recommended. I would like to mention a Thank you to Matthew at the front desk who recommended a restaurant (Barracuda) in nearby Balluta Bay for us to dine out on our last night. It was amazing! Loved it. Matthew booked it for us and organised our taxi and when we got there we had a table outside on the balcony. Should we return to Malta again, we wouold definitely stay at The Marina.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donna M
Nelson, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

This hotel is well located with great sea views. Our room was noisy though as it was located just inside the connecting door from lobby to rooms corridor.Breakfast and dinner were nice and the bedroom was spacious.

Room Tip: Dont get a room by the connecting door from the lobby.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

The Marina Hotel is part of the Corinthian Beach resort at St. George's Bay in the St. Julian's area of Malta, the rooms provide an excellent variety of facilities including a private balcony overlooking the bay, satellite TV and free Wi-fi. The hotel is conveniently located just a short stroll away from the bars and night-life of St. Julians but far enough away to be quite and relaxing, the food and service is first class as are all the other facilities in this highly recommended hotel, well worth a thought if you visit Malta.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Neil H
ManagementCBR, Front Office Manager at Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort with other people around the world.

It is truly a great pleasure to note that our services exceeded your expectations.

Should any of your family members or friends decide to visit Malta, please do contact me directly.

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Julian's
Hotel Juliani
Hotel Juliani
#2 of 34 in Saint Julian's
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,300 reviews

Been to Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort? Share your experiences!