I had previously stayed at the Marina in March 2011, and they had not put a foot wrong. This time I was staying as part of a couple, and had no hesitation in booking the Marina again.
Upon arrival at the hotel the entrance and front desk was clean, bright and welcoming, just as I remembered it. On this occasion however there had been a slight error, in that the hotel had double booked our room for our first night. I got a sinking feeling that my partner and I were about to be disappointed.
Fortunately, Steven, the duty manager at the front desk, worked extremely hard to make sure that we were taken care of. Thanks to his efforts, we were moved and upgraded to their 5* Corinthia ‘sister’ hotel for the night, complete with complimentary dinner that night, and complimentary breakfast at the Marina for the rest of our stay. I remember my partner joking that the hotel should make mistakes more often, so well treated were we! This represented a huge commitment to customer satisfaction on Steven’s part, and we cannot thank him enough.
We had one further mishap during our stay (this time not related to the hotel) where the cashpoint outside the hotel ‘swallowed’ my debit card. However once again the staff went out of their way to help us; Emeline on the front desk immediately put me in touch with the Maltese bank that owned the cashpoint, and also with my own bank back in the UK. The problems were sorted with a minimum of fuss, and once again this would not have been possible without the efforts of Emeline.
The accomodation, the food and the area as a whole were everything we had hoped for. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable with its own balcony overlooking the bay and a well stocked mini bar. Pools were small but relaxing to spend time in. There are a number of restaurants in and around the hotel complex, meaning you will be spoilt for choice - although the 3301 Grill is particularly good.
Overall, it is an amazing place to stay, in a great location near St George’s bay and also in close proximity to a small town and shopping centre. There is a significant night life in the nearby town, but for those who like their peace and quiet this is not an issue; Although the hotel is but a stones throw away from the bars and clubs of the town, the hotel itself remains quiet at night.
So a huge thankyou to the Marina and its staff, all of whom were great, but in particular to Steven and Emeline, whose efforts will not be forgotten. It says a lot that my partner appears to have fallen in love with the place and can’t wait to return next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring panoramic views out over Malta's St. George's Bay, the Marina Hotel is near the Paceville district's lively nightlife. It features a private beach club, a diving center, free Wi-Fi throughout and a total of 9 dining options. This 4-star hotel is part of the 5-star Corinthia Beach Resort, which has excellent water sports facilities and 5 outdoor swimming pools. Guests also have free access to an indoor heated pool, a sauna, a gym and spa facilities at the Apollo Day Spa. Decorated in bright pastel colors, all rooms are spacious and feature a balcony, a sitting area and a dressing table. They include air conditioning, a satellite flat-screen TV, and free Wi-Fi access. The Marina Hotel at the Corinthia Beach Resort has 9 restaurants and 7 bars with Mediterranean and innovative international dishes. A generous breakfast buffet is served daily. You will be just a few steps from a sandy beach and in the heart of Paceville's entertainment district. Both free and private parking are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Lastminute, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Prestigia, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Hotel At The Corinthia Beach Saint Julian`s
- Corinthia Marina Hotel Malta
- Corinthia Marina Malta
- Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort Malta