This is an average four star hotel but at a great price. While I might have some minor issues, you can't really expect 4 star experience when paying €55/night for a double room. It is excellent value at off peak times.
It is a nice hotel well located within easy walking distance of St Julian but yet just far enough away from the noise of the nightclubs for them not to bother you. For my taste, the hotel is a bit soulless and lacking in character. This probably isn't as evident in summer months but it felt like we were practically the only guests in the hotel in mid January. It did slightly bother me that the hotel was not prepared to offer us a sea-view room without paying an extra 20% given the hotel was practically empty and 90% of room have sea views. It had a hint of meanness about it but in fairness we didn't pay for sea-view room when we booked so we got exactly what we paid for and that was very good value.
We were only staying room only and didn't try the breakfast. It is the first time we have stayed anywhere room only and it is definitely the way to go. We had breakfast most mornings in a nearby restaurant at about what it would have cost for buffet at a time of our choosing instead of trying to rush down for breakfast.
The best point about the hotel is definitely its staff. They were polite, courteous and friendly. I found the lack of information available at reception a bit odd in a four star hotel e.g nobody seemed to know the time of buses to Valetta just that they went every 20 minutes. This is obviously not a big deal but it is the type of service that makes a four star hotel.
The rooms were fine, and the cleaning service was excellent.
Overall, this is a nice hotel and very good value. It is not a luxury experience but you are not paying a luxury price. You get a good clean hotel in a nice location with great staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring panoramic views out over Malta's St. George's Bay, the Marina Hotel is near the Paceville district's lively nightlife. It features a private beach club, a diving center, free Wi-Fi throughout and a total of 9 dining options. This 4-star hotel is part of the 5-star Corinthia Beach Resort, which has excellent water sports facilities and 5 outdoor swimming pools. Guests also have free access to an indoor heated pool, a sauna, a gym and spa facilities at the Apollo Day Spa. Decorated in bright pastel colors, all rooms are spacious and feature a balcony, a sitting area and a dressing table. They include air conditioning, a satellite flat-screen TV, and free Wi-Fi access. The Marina Hotel at the Corinthia Beach Resort has 9 restaurants and 7 bars with Mediterranean and innovative international dishes. A generous breakfast buffet is served daily. You will be just a few steps from a sandy beach and in the heart of Paceville's entertainment district. Both free and private parking are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Lastminute, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Hotel At The Corinthia Beach Saint Julian`s
- Corinthia Marina Hotel Malta
- Corinthia Marina Malta
- Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort Malta