First of all, the Marina Hotel and Corinthea Beach Hotel are two seperate side by side hotels. To get to the Crinthea hotel where the spa facilities are is a few minutes up-hill walk. The facilities at the Corinthea Hotel are available to the Marina Hotel residents although we did not use them.
On checking in we found that our "superior sea view" room was actually a side room overlooking the Corinthea Hotel and the rooftops of intervening restaurants. After discussions at the reception we were moved to a junior suite which was very good with a fantastic view over the bay.
The hotel is in a very good position just far enough outside the bars and clubs area of Paceville so that there was no noise problems from there.
Paceville is very vibrant and loud at night and not for the faint hearted. If you are looking for decent restaurants outside of the hotel we suggest that you walk for another 10 minutes to St Julian'sBay.
In general the hotel was very good and up to expectations. Unfortunately the hotel was booked solid with business conferences with groups bustling around with laptops and break-out sessions -just the sort of thing that we were trying to get away from, but the commercial necessity for the hotel is understood at this time of year (March).
The room was very well appointed with a big comfortable double bed. One problem was the very low water pressure in the taps which was just a trickle but the shower was useable but not a memorable experience!
There was a good selection at breakfast with eggs being available to order and a really good buffet. A couple of niggles (1) the orange juice was a weak water down concentrate that is not up to the standards expected at such a hotel and (2) no selection of tea other than the unknown blend from a vending machine.
Our one big complaint, and the reason that we have put a lower rating on this hotel, was a problem that we had on our final night (Sunday). Our bedroom was on the road side of the hotel which is relatively quiet and had not been a problem. However at about 11:30pm the road outside of the hotel became very noisy and one could see streams of teenagers coming down the hill from a nearby car park to congregate on the road outside and in the side entrance to the Corinthea Hotel. The noise of singing, screaming and whooping kept us awake. At 01:30am I went to complain at reception but they said that they were not able (or brave enough) to do anything. Apparantly this is not an unusual occurrence. Although the hotel was full the man on reception did manage to find another sea facing room for us to sleep but he was unable to open the door so we had to go back to our room and stay awake listening to the noise which carried on very loudly until about 04:30am.
We only then had a couple of hours sleep before getting up to catch our flight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring panoramic views out over Malta's St. George's Bay, the Marina Hotel is near the Paceville district's lively nightlife. It features a private beach club, a diving center, free Wi-Fi throughout and a total of 9 dining options. This 4-star hotel is part of the 5-star Corinthia Beach Resort, which has excellent water sports facilities and 5 outdoor swimming pools. Guests also have free access to an indoor heated pool, a sauna, a gym and spa facilities at the Apollo Day Spa. Decorated in bright pastel colors, all rooms are spacious and feature a balcony, a sitting area and a dressing table. They include air conditioning, a satellite flat-screen TV, and free Wi-Fi access. The Marina Hotel at the Corinthia Beach Resort has 9 restaurants and 7 bars with Mediterranean and innovative international dishes. A generous breakfast buffet is served daily. You will be just a few steps from a sandy beach and in the heart of Paceville's entertainment district. Both free and private parking are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Lastminute, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Prestigia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, LoveHolidays, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Hotel At The Corinthia Beach Saint Julian`s
- Corinthia Marina Hotel Malta
- Corinthia Marina Malta
- Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort Malta