Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Beach Garden Hotel(Saint Julian's)
  • Breakfast included
Hugo's Boutique Hotel(Saint Julian's)
  • Breakfast included
Gorgianis Hotel(Saint Julian's)
  • Restaurant
Burlington Apartments(Saint Julian's)
  • Free Internet
be.HOTEL(Saint Julian's)
  • Room Service
2,287 results
All reviewssister hotelsea viewst george's bayhenry j beansplenty of sunbedslovely hotelreception staffout of seasonbars and restaurantsenjoyable staypool barbus stopsmall beachbuffet breakfastshort breaksandy beachhalf board
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have just returned from Marina Hotel Corinthia and My friend and I had a brilliant time.
The reception staff are so attentive and most helpful - we arrived before check in time, the room wasn't ready but we were able to change and keep our luggage in a secure room for collection on check in.
The hotel is just round the little bay so location wise ideal for both a quiet time or 2 mins walk to lively area and shopping mall.
Our room was very spacious and very comfortable - lovely see view room too.
The breakfast was very ample - full English/fresh omelettes and eggs cooked as requested and fruit and yoghurts etc.
Value for money - a definite I would recommend this hotel and surroundings.
All staff very very friendly and everyone in the small bars on the bay were so friendly and accommodating.
Will definitely return and probably with a few more friends next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
ManagementCBR, Front Office Manager at Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely review.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when planning your next visit to the Maltese Islands. It would be a real pleasure to meet you and ensure that your next visit is even more enjoyable than your previous one.

With thanks and regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My family and I stayed at the Marina hotel for 1 week and we had such a wonderful time, the reception staff are very helpful friendly, our room was very clean fresh and the bed was very comfortable, the pool area was very clean with amazing sea view. The breakfast on the terrace was very nice good selection of choices and again very nice view to sit and enjoy your breakfast.
Overall I just want to say everything about this hotel was amazing experience for us, all the warm welcoming staff here made this hotel a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Catherine19992014

Thank you for your review and for sharing your views on our property and services.

We all look forward to welcoming you once again at our Hotel in the near furture.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to go to Malta for the first time and were very excited! We had done are research and felt st George's bay was the best location for us and located close to bars and nightlife.

We chose the corinthia marina and were not overly pleased with the issues that arose.

We stayed room only and payed a substantial amount for a bay view which we got, lovely! The major down side.... NO AIR CONDITIONING!

Our room so hot you could not sleep. We we complained to reception and we were told that it's not on as too early in the season (it was 26 degrees) and manager says no to turning it on. Whilst complaining there was a couple to our right COMPLAINING about the same thing and they were told no.

For a 4 star hotel you would think customers comfort would come first, this is NOT the case at the marina hotel.

I would definitely avoid this hotel if you are wanting a hotel were staff care about guests.

Malta was wonderful apart from are hotel unfortunately.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank RobynBradshaw

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please be assured that your comments are being discussed at Management level. Due to a sudden change in temperature, it took us a few days to shift over our central system from heating to cooling.

We look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you once again at our Hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when planning your next visit.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I have stayed at the Marina several times over the last 15 years and have always been very happy with all aspects of the hotel. This time, there were a few warning signs that it may be starting to decline.

The front desk personnel are faultless, polite, helpful, excellent English and very professional. The location of the hotel is ideal, right next to the sea, close to the local shopping and nightlife but far enough away to be peaceful. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable with plenty of towels etc.

The problems that are creeping in are coming close to spoiling the experience however. Firstly, if you book over the internet and ask for an ocean view room (as I did) you will be allocated a ground floor room, on floor1. These rooms have a restricted view of the bay as they are too low to see over the railings and sun shades of the terrace that is right next to your room. You will also find that other guests are sunbathing 10 feet from your balcony. The sound of voices, music and scraping sunbeds is not very restful. Reception will offer you a room on a higher floor but they are never available as you check in. You always have to wait one or two days by which time you are settled in and just put up with it.

If you have a ground floor room near the lifts you will also have a further problem....the cleaning/maintenance staff! They congregate in a storage area near the lifts before they start work in the morning. I was consistently awoken by loud voices, clanking of trolleys and on one occasion the loud singing of 'O sole mio' at 6.40am! It seems they start on the ground floor first in the morning. You are also directly beneath the lounge and restaurant so be ready for all day furniture movements over your room. The best place to relax at the Marina is actually away from your room as the outdoor areas are excellent.

As other guests have commented, the service in the hotel restaurants is poor. I waited for 30 minutes to be even acknowledged in the main restaurant before leaving and walking into town. Two days later I was completely ignored at the Italian restaurant at the hotel. I know that the standards have dropped because it was never like this on my previous visits.

My main frustration however, is with the advertised Wi-Fi in the rooms. Truthfully, the only Wi-Fi available in the hotel is in reception and this is pitifully slow. Staff tried to get me any kind of contact in my room but I was left with distinct feeling that they knew it was hopeless. The manager offered me his office to work in but this wasn't the answer, I needed to work in my room.

Overall, the Marina is still a good hotel but they need to be aware of the bad stuff creeping in. The selection of hotels in the area is good and I will definitely be looking around for my next stay instead of automatically booking the Marina which I would normally do.

Room Tip: Avoid growing floor rooms especially 128!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank BillyAlicante

Thank you for bringing to our attention your concerns during your recent stay with us.

Your comments and observations were discussed at Management level and we have already taken corrective measures.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when planning your next visit. I will personally ensure that your next stay with us is indeed a most comfortable one.

With thanks and regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

we arrived on Friday night late, we were met by a nice reception staff member Mate. He was very welcoming at such a late hour. We discussed some scuba diving with him and he recommended dives to take.. Our room was beautifully decorated with flower petals, an array of towels, bath robes and a bottle of red wine. It was really lovely. We had the best nights sleep. The bed was sooo comfy. we discovered the following day it was 2 beds put together, but many hotels do that now. The water pressure was my only issue, but I then learned Malta suffers from water shortages, so I suppose a little lowered pressure is understandable. The room was very spacious, clean and had a large balcony. It had a great set of blackout curtains which were excellent for a lie in. Breakfast was served in a huge dining room buffet sytle. it was nice, but chefs didn't appear to be adventurous, it was very same very day with the exception of change of cheeses, or hash browns and mini pancakes. I didn't have tea or coffee any morning as I can't drink Caffeine and they didn't offer decaff, I think this a must now. Staff here were friendly, the waiter on the terrace was always giving tips and ideas for outings to the guests. We were getting married on Tuesday and arrived down for breakfast that morning and the reception staff all wished us well... it was so nice, one particular member of staff Emily (spelt wrong sorry) from Beligum made it her business to come out and congratulate us and wish us all the best.
We lay by the pool a few days, be aware pools are quite deep and chilly. Plenty of sun longers and umbrellas. With only a 5 min walk from the night life, but far enough away if your not into that, it is in a very good location. We stayed for one week total. We had room service one night, we didn't eat in the restaurant in the evenings. we had lunch a few times in the cafe. it was lovely, Capprese Salad amazing! !! the staff are possibly a little slow in here, but since we were in no rush it didn't matter.. they do excellent cakes and treats in the afternoon, all reasonably priced. Our housekeeping lady was the nicest lady, she too congratulated us on our wedding!!! The tour buses stop right outside the door, and the comuter buses from just up the hill. €1:50 gets you an adult all day pass. Beware, The taxis are a rip off, they tried to charge me 15euro from the shopping mall back to our hotel, I would normally walk this in 10mins, but had just had my hair done for our wedding... I walked away and he dropped to 10. I offered 7 and he accepted !! that was the only taxi we got!! The hotel as both Irish and Uk plug sockets as well as European ones. would stay here again... loved it.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank golemma79

Thank you for such a lovely review. We are so pleased to read that you chose the Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort for your honeymoon in Malta.

We look forward to welcoming you on your anniversary. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly in the event that you plan another visit to the Maltese Islands.