The Marina is part of the Corinthia group of hotels, there are three on the Island, the Corinthia San Gorg is adjacent to the Marina and forms part of the resort.
I must declare this is the fourth time we have stayed here, but there have been some improvements in the hotel and it is worth noting.
We stayed with an inland view, we could see the sea, but having had several sea views in the past and water is, well, just water, we decide to go for the economy of an inland view over the catering college at the rear of the hotel.
Having read previous reviews I must admit there was a little noise from the underground nightclub, but only as revellers departed early morning, and this was only on the Friday and Saturday nights, which to be honest didn't disturb us at all.
The room we stayed in had recently been refurbished with good quality linen and was well decorated and very clean, this is one area the hotel has improved.
The breakfast had a massive choice of food full English, continental, meats fruits, croissants, I counted seven different types of bread and if you wanted something special the chef would cook it there and then for you. You cant beat that.
We didn't sample the evening meal in the hotel as we were on B+B.
The Vinotheque wine bar was quite busy the food looked appetizing but the price of the wine was astronomic 27 euros for a 6 euro bottle of wine is taking the mickey.
Cafe 24 was as ususal good service, good food, excellent pasties and baguettes, especially the ftira's.
There is a pain in using the indoor pool, yes you have to walk across around 100 yards to the San Gorg.
Food wise we use the Bistro at the Radisson, next door, a five minute walk up the hill, excelllent food reasonably priced 24/7 with a reduced menu after 23:00.
Beware if you wish to dine in the evening at peak times BOOK A TABLE it is very popular withe the locals.
I thoroughly recommend the hotel, if you are a clubber, its a five minute walk to Paceville and all the vodka and noise you require.
If you want peace there's the peace of the beach a five minute walk downhill.
If you want culture the sightseeing buses pass the door, theres a free shuttle from the hotel to Sliema also.
You will not be disappointed here.
IF YOU ACCEPT MALTA FOR WHAT IT IS THIS HOTEL IS WELL PRICED FOR THE STANDARD IT OFFERS.
We have also stayed at the San Gorg, Le Meridian (in a suite) Radisson Bay point, the Waterfront in Sliema, the Santana Qwara Palace, Suncrest in Qwara, and when the Jerma Palace was operating we stayed there.
We know Malta and what we are talking about regarding hotels.
One last comment, parking a car can be difficult on Fridays and Saturdays for free, use the San Gorg hotel's car park its free and only a five minute walk, we have used it for years.
If you need more info contact us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring panoramic views out over Malta's St. George's Bay, the Marina Hotel is near the Paceville district's lively nightlife. It features a private beach club, a diving center, free Wi-Fi throughout and a total of 9 dining options. This 4-star hotel is part of the 5-star Corinthia Beach Resort, which has excellent water sports facilities and 5 outdoor swimming pools. Guests also have free access to an indoor heated pool, a sauna, a gym and spa facilities at the Apollo Day Spa. Decorated in bright pastel colors, all rooms are spacious and feature a balcony, a sitting area and a dressing table. They include air conditioning, a satellite flat-screen TV, and free Wi-Fi access. The Marina Hotel at the Corinthia Beach Resort has 9 restaurants and 7 bars with Mediterranean and innovative international dishes. A generous breakfast buffet is served daily. You will be just a few steps from a sandy beach and in the heart of Paceville's entertainment district. Both free and private parking are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Lastminute, Prestigia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Hotel At The Corinthia Beach Saint Julian`s
- Corinthia Marina Hotel Malta
- Corinthia Marina Malta
- Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort Malta