We spent 5 nights at the Marina Beach and were very pleasantly surprised. I had not been to Malta before and had originally looked at booking a room in St Julians but saw a deal for the Marina Beach on Last minute.com and grabbed it.
I am so glad we did, St Georges bay is the closest swimming beach around and the Marina Beach hotel has it's own private access to the bay so that you can easily dip into the ocean then back to the sun bed and there are plenty of sun beds you are spoilt for choice. In addition to all of the ammenities at the Marina Beach you are allowed to use all the facilities at the Corinthia San Gorg next door which is a 5 star hotel so you have double the space/pools and luxury to choose from. We don't normally eat at the hotel restaurants as the local options are normally better quality and value for money but this was not the case here. We ate at the Da Marina, Vinoteque and the Henry J Beans (in the hotel next door) all were great and good value for money. I recommend Da Marina for the beautiful view of the sunset out on the terrace. The only down side were the staff in the restaurants you can often get forgotten about so expect to spend a lot of time waiting (this appeared to be the case everywhere though not just at the hotel) everyone is definitley on "Island Time".
We had a sea view room which was just beautiful and had a lovely view of the bay and the harbour. A word of warning though the balcony doors only open from the inside of the room so if you are both on the balcony enjoying an evening wine be careful not to shut the door as you will be locked out of your room (we almost did this it was very close)
By staying in St Georges bay we had the beach and water on our door step but we were only a bus ride away from the cultural sights and shops that malta has to offer.
I would definitley stay here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring panoramic views out over Malta's St. George's Bay, the Marina Hotel is near the Paceville district's lively nightlife. It features a private beach club, a diving center, free Wi-Fi throughout and a total of 9 dining options. This 4-star hotel is part of the 5-star Corinthia Beach Resort, which has excellent water sports facilities and 5 outdoor swimming pools. Guests also have free access to an indoor heated pool, a sauna, a gym and spa facilities at the Apollo Day Spa. Decorated in bright pastel colors, all rooms are spacious and feature a balcony, a sitting area and a dressing table. They include air conditioning, a satellite flat-screen TV, and free Wi-Fi access. The Marina Hotel at the Corinthia Beach Resort has 9 restaurants and 7 bars with Mediterranean and innovative international dishes. A generous breakfast buffet is served daily. You will be just a few steps from a sandy beach and in the heart of Paceville's entertainment district. Both free and private parking are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Lastminute, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Hotel At The Corinthia Beach Saint Julian`s
- Corinthia Marina Hotel Malta
- Corinthia Marina Malta
- Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort Malta