“Definitely recommended!”

Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Staying at the Corinthia really made our first trip to Malta very enjoyable. The staff throughout the hotel are very friendly and extremely helpful. A special mention to Alex on the concierge desk, who was very helpful and gave us loads of directions and tips on things to do. There was a mix up with room on arrival but that was quickly sorted.

The hotel itself was very clean and comfortable and definitely worthy of its star rating. The rooms were very spacious, clean and the view was great. I thought the Internet charges were quite expensive but they had free wi fi in the lobby which was enough in the end...after all I was on holiday.
The spa facilities were also very clean and staff friendly and helpful as ever. i mainly used the indoor pool, jacuzzi and steam room and during peak times can get very busy. We often went first thing in the morning.

The food was great, the buffet breakfast was amazing with so much choice. The restaurant food was also good although a little pricy for our budget to eat there every night. Attached to the hotel is an American Grill we ate there a couple times...it was burgers and chips sort of place but very good burgers! There were other food places close by and Paceville was 10 minutes walk away with a number of restaurant and bars. We didn't go to Malta for the night life but the bars and few clubs in the Paceville area were really good and made our holiday that little bit better. And with the hotel walking distance away, it really did work for us.

The hotel also do a shuttle to valletta in the morning and a pick up in the afternoon which was a nice touch as was getting invited to have drinks with the General Manager but we had already made plans.

Overall a very nice holiday at a very nice hotel, i Would definitely visit Malta again and would definitely stay here!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank waynesuperc
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay.

I am very pleased to read that you found our staff to be efficient and friendly and I will personally pass on your thanks to Alex our Concierge for helping you out with your holiday plans.

I am glad that you enjoyed our various dining options, including our sumptuous buffet in the Fra Martino, the Grill 3301 fine dining restaurant and Henry J Bean’s American Bar and Grill and that you also made use of our lovely Apollo Spa.

At the moment we are looking into a project to upgrade our TV System and this will include Wi-Fi in all the bedrooms. Wi-Fi is currently available in the Lobby, by the Pool and in our Conference areas.

I am very happy to hear that you also made use of our courtesy bus. It is a pity that you did not make it to my weekly Cocktail Reception as you would have enjoyed it.

It is great to hear that you had a lovely stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel soon.

There are newer reviews for Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay

Reviewed 11 June 2012

This hotel is fantastic, perfectly located, spacious rooms, splendid views.

The staff is really friendly and will do anything they can do to accomodate you.

Really nothing bad to say about this hotel.

However, please note that the parking is no more free (is 2.50 euros per day) even if it's mentionning free in the hotel book in the room.

Apart this detail, I strongly recomend it to everyone !

Room Tip: view of the sea
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay.

I am very happy to hear that you found our Hotel to be fantastic and enjoyed its location, spacious rooms and splendid views, as well as the great quality of service provided by our dedicated employees.

I am glad that you had a lovely vacation and we look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2012 via mobile

Nice platforms by the sea, rooms are correct. Cleanliness is a bit of an issue but nothing compared to over occupation. The pools are crowded, density of sunbeds is so high it's absurd, you cannot walk. Restaurants are less than average. Service is very good though. Overall hotel looks like a cheap 4 stars.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank YTenorio

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay.

I am surprised that you found our Restaurants less than average as both the Grill 3301 fine dining Restaurant and the Fra Martino Restaurant are award winning restaurants year in and year out. Henry J Bean’s is also one of the most popular dining venues on the Island.

On a positive note, I am glad that you were happy with the service.

We are looking into a refurbishment programme towards the end of this year and to upgrading our TV System, which will include Wi-Fi in all the bedrooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

Wow, from the moment I walked in until I left the experience was fantastic. Nice front desk staff, gave me my requested view and a free upgrade to the 4th floor with the executive lounge. If you are traveling by yourself the lounge is over priced at 50 euros....but works if it's free! The room was your average hotel flare, nice beds, very clean, etc. The rooms all have stunning views with walk out balconys. The patio furniture was a little cheap. The lobby and restaurants were all great. We ate at the grill and the pool area a few times. Service and food were excellent and good value for money. The lobby has free wifi and was very nice...wifi is limited to that area. Where the hotel really shines is the pool area...three awesome pools, tons of tables, lounge chairs and umbrellas. Also the beach area (rocky) is so amazing. Dive right into the salty and slightly chilly med.....so refreshing. Add to this all the beautiful people and it makes for a great vacation. Tip..it gets comfortably cool in the evenings...a light long sleeve shirt is a must. Also, sun screen. The warm daily breeze may allow you to think its not as hot as it is....but the sun will burn you bad if you are not careful. Great location, very romantic, kid friendly, up class. Highly recommended.
Last note...walking distance to multiple restaurants and bars and decent nightlife.

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade..see if you can get floors 4 or 5. Marina view is as nice as the ocean view...marin...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank IrishCreamers

Many thanks for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay.

Thank you for the compliments, I am very happy that you enjoyed our Hotel with its great location and views and that you appreciated your free upgrade. I am also pleased that you had the opportunity to experience our restaurants and beautiful recreational areas.

We are currently working on a project to change the patio furniture and to include Wi-Fi around the pool and in the bedrooms.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

This was one of the worst experiences I ever had in a 5 star hotel. The room was a catastrophe. The toileet was used and not even flushed, The bathroom floor was dirty, towels used and tissue paper pulle out of the box and bundled back. When we complained they first pretended not to believe us till I asked the receptionist to come and have a look for herself.
We had to wait in the lobby while they cleaned the room but nobody took the trouble to tell us when they were finished and that was at 10:30in the evening. We went to the room, and when we openend the wardrobe there we papers and old plane labels on the floor, only one bathrobe for 2 people etc So down again to the lobby. They gave us the next door room and when we wanted to throw something away in the bathroom the bin was dirty and full.
Called again and by that time it was almost midnight and we were very frustrated.
What a diappointment the next morning when we looked out of the window, Our view, for €203 per night, was the road down to the parking garage entrance. Everything in the room was shabby and worn. The carpets were very dirty and not cleaned at all in the 5 days we stayed there. Even in the passage we noticed the dirt, a bundle of hair and some paper scraps lying there for 3 days without anybody coming onto the idea to pick it up.
I expected a bit more for €203 per night and we could not change hotels as they booked the whole amount from our credit card at reservation and I did not trust my lcuk that I^d get anything back from these people.
Never agian any Corinthia hotels for me, thank you.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
7  Thank Bonthun
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay and firstly I would like to apologise for not meeting your expectations and I have written to you under separate cover in more detail.

I would like to assure you that I have discussed the cleaning issues with the Executive Housekeeper and the corrective active will be taken to avoid such unfortunate and embarrassing incidents in the future.

We value your business very much and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay.

I sincerely hope that you will give us the chance in the future to prove that we can do better than your experience suggests.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

The situation of the hotel is very good. Next to st. George bay where you have easy and direct acces to the see ( 5 minutes from the hotel by foot) and Paceville where you can find a shopping area and in the eveningand night a busy nightlife with a lot of pubs and discos. In the hotel the are 3 pools outside, 1 dedicated for children, other 2 for adults, very nice and clean water. The view is unforgettable, from almost any balcony of the hotel you have the magnificent see view and also the casino is front of the hotel in a small peninsula. The rooms are correct, well equipped, the restaurants are excellent with quality food and drinks. The Maltese white wine is less then average, but the red wine is good. The service is excellent, there are also a covered swimming pool with a good jacuzzi. The staff is very friendly, especially the receptionists, all of them are doing excellent job. The only inconvenience I met was that there is wifi only in the lobby. The lobby itself quite big, very cosy and comfortable , but I just suggest to put some router to the floors to get wifi in the rooms. If you want to go to Valletta or other nice places, take the taxi. To Valletta the trip cannot be more then 18 euros.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank L2_R3
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

I am very pleased to hear that you liked our Hotel and that you found the location very convenient. I see that you have enjoyed our recreational areas too.

It is great that you found our quality of food and service very satisfying.

We are currently looking into a project to upgrade our present TV system and this will include new TVs and Wi-Fi in all the rooms, instead of cable internet. At the moment we provide free Wi-Fi in the public areas, the conference areas and by the pool.

We also have a courtesy bus doing trips to St Julian’s, Sliema, Valletta and Marsa Golf & Sports Club daily, leaving the hotel at 10:30 hours and returning at 17:30 hours, however, we plan to add another trip early next year. One can reserve a seat a day ahead at the Concierge Desk to avoid disappointment.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

I stayed at the Corinthia Hotel for two nights on business in April 2012. My local contacts recommended the hotel because they said it was of a high standard, avoiding the excesses of tourists on cheap packages!

The room was large and had a small balcony - not much of a view but I managed to grab an hour or so to read in some much appreciated sun (given the dire spring weather in the UK).
Everything was clean and modern and comfortable. Some English TV channels. I didn't take my own computer this time so tried out the hotel business centre which had a computer set up for guest use - worked very well, although other guests kept thinking I was the receptionist - the perils of being dressed for business in a holiday hotel!

I used room service one evening and chose a local Maltese platter, which was excellent. Breakfast buffet was also very good.

I didn't get chance to use the other hotel facilities or explore the hotel grounds and surroundings but other guests seemed to be having a good time.

Room Tip: If a sea view would lift your spirits then pay the extra.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

I am very happy to read that you liked your room and that you managed to enjoy some sunshine.
It is also great to hear that you made use of our business centre and that you enjoyed our Room Service Maltese platter and our lavish breakfast buffet.

It is a pity that you did not have time to explore our recreational facilities and restaurants around the whole resort … maybe next time.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Julian's
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
Le Meridien St. Julians
Le Meridien St. Julians
#9 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay? Share your experiences!