“Great place when you are in Malta!!!”

Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Senica, Trnava, Slovakia
“Great place when you are in Malta!!!”
Reviewed 30 November 2012 via mobile

I have just returned from Malta. It has been my 10-th visit in Malta during last 2 years. I stayed in many hotels in Malta but this one was definitely the best for the money they ask. I was lucky to get special offer 69 euro per night. There is nothing like Corinthia in this price level. If you see offer similar to my, do not hesitate and take it. You will get regular room (not like other hotels in Malta) and all services as any other guest (no limitations). I was really surprised.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank mdz79
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this review, 4 December 2012
Many thanks for your positive feedback regarding your recent visit to the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay.

I am very pleased that you were happy with your stay with us and that we provided you with excellent service.

I see that you are a very frequent visitor to Malta and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the future.

Stuart Chappell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Keiss
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We enjoyed a great family break at the hotel with friends in late October, the weather was lovely and the hotel very accommodating, with amazing breakfasts you could eat just about anything you liked from waffles and pancakes cooked to order to a massive continental and cooked selection. The room was very comfortable and immaculately clean and it was enjoyable to sit on the balcony late afternoon with a glass of wine and a book soaking the sun. Our children enjoyed the pool almost all day everyday even though the temperature was slightly cooler than the summer. Eating out was easy too with nice restaurants on the complex and more a short walk away. I would recommend the Corinthia if you want a nice relaxing break but it is also a nice base to explore Malta should you wish to.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Many thanks for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay.

I am really pleased to hear that you were very happy with our luscious buffet breakfast, your room and its views, our recreational facilities and our vast variety of dining options.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel.

Pontypridd
Reviewed 19 November 2012

This stay was booked for my husbands 50th, so glad I changed the hotel. We were made to feel so special on arrival. We were upgraded - (a very big thank you) and were taken to the executive floor (will book this on next visit). This offers the use of the lounge for pre evening drinks and breakfast -although you can still use the main breakfast room - which was fab, the food choice was brilliant. I had requested a birthday cake and wine for the hubby, and the chocolate cake was stunning, again big thanks. This hotel is on the edge of St Georges Bay away from the hustle of St Julian's, but within short walking distance from Paceville with its bars and shops. Walking past the little beach and bars to the hotel was lovely. We ate at Henry J Beans, the rack of ribs was fab. At theGgrill 3301, simply the best steak ever. In the evening there were home made sweets left in the room for us. The hotel has everything you would expect from 5 star, but what makes this hotel special is simply the staff, every single one, nothing was a problem, everyone smiled and that's better than any material factor in a hotel. Meeting with Italo at the managers night was greats and big thanks to all for helping us locate a retail outlet to buy a Malta Rugby shirt. Massive thanks to Charles at the Concierge, who sorted out our transport given us extra 3 hours in bed. The courtesy bus to Valletta was such a bonus, helping us get around the island. Looking at the Christmas and New Year food and festivities - I wish I could be there again. When we return to Malta...........guess where we will book.

Room Tip: All rooms have views, some over pool and bay others over Pembroke, either are good.
1 Thank DaiDragun
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay.

I am very happy that you enjoyed the complimentary upgrade to the Executive Floor, our Hotel, its location, our lavish buffet breakfast and that you sampled our various dining experiences.

I am also very glad that our employees provided you with excellent service and I will personally thank Charles, our Concierge, for helping you sort out your transport arrangements.

It is also great that you made use of our Courtesy Bus to Valletta.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel in the future and if there is anything I can be of assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Anstruther, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Our first trip to Malta won`t be the last.Flight was from Glasgow and transfers from airport to hotel was a smooth operation.We opted to visit at this time of year as temperatures are more bearable, although on day of arrival it was HOT. After a smooth check-in (with the help of extremely pleasant staff ) our first meal was enjoyed outside overlooking the bay -- a very pleasant experience.Our room was spacious and very clean as was the bathroom.
Starting off each day with an excellent breakfast gave us the energy to explore the island by hop on/hop off bus making our time here more of a fact-finding mission as well as taking a very busy ferry to Gozo.The hotel concierge - Joseph - arranged the tours and highlighted points of interest.All in all,we thoroughly enjoyed time here and were made to feel very welcome

1 Thank Command44
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this review, 16 November 2012

I am very pleased to read that you found our staff to be efficient and I will personally pass on your thanks to our Concierge for helping you out with your holiday plans.

I am glad that you enjoyed our lavish breakfast and our other dining options and that you were satisfied with our room and our cleaning services.

It is great to hear that you had a lovely stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel in the future.

England
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Nothing seemed too much trouble for the lovely staff at the Corinthia and we were made to feel very welcome. Room was spacious and generally quiet and the views were lovely. I'd agree with others that a bit of refurbishment might be needed, but the room was clean and tidy. Easy walk into St Julian's and plenty of buses elsewhere.

Only slight quibble was the lack of interesting food for vegetarians. (Unfortunately too many people who claimed to be vegetarian have then told the hotel that they will eat fish or chicken .... no wonder real veggies have a problem!)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this review, 14 November 2012

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and its views and that our staff provided you with excellent service.

I appreciate your comment regarding vegetarian food on our menus and I have brought this matter to the attention of our Head Chef.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel in the future.

Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Stayed at the Corinthia for 4 nights on business/conference. An absolutely pleasant experience, spotless clean, the executive lounge breakfast and service very good, friendly and helpful staff and the pool area is magnificent with easy access to a swim in the sea as well. I upgraded to a executive room, was told it was 25 euros but was charged 75 euros - but probably my fault not listening properly when talking to the receptionist (?). On the other hand they gave me 48 sq.meters suite with 2 balconys and a terrific view over the bay and pool area. The only thing to mention on the negative side is that they charge for Internet in the standard rooms and wireless is only available in the pool and lounge area (but actually I got signals from the balcony). The wired in-room Internet is also quite slow. In conclusion; Corinthia St.Georges bay will be my first choice when returning back to wonderful Malta

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RogerTheViking
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Many thanks for the positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay.

I am very pleased to read that you had a very pleasant experience here with us and that you will be returning.

We are currently looking into a new TV system which will include new flat screen TV sets and Wi-Fi in all the rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

Stayed in this hotel once, about May this year. Considering the hotel wasn't full I was put in a room that to get to would have taxed a mountain goat. Along a corridor, up one set of stairs down another.. and along yet another corridor. OK, I was only there for the one night and Air Malta was paying.... but don't you know we can request which hotel we stay at?
The bar was OK.. service good, the restaurant quick service.. maybe a little to quick, but the food was good. Room OK.... I had nothing to complain about until the morning.
The promise of coffee etc.. before leaving (early morning flight) was a sad effort. This let the side down.
I felt that the customer care wasn't there, reception staff were distance and pre-occupied.
I've put "Average" as there is not a "Below Average" selection.
The pluses.. the hotel is VERY large and in a great place.. great views from my balcony. I'll post my pics when I have time.
The barman was the ONLY one who made me feel welcome.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Brich57
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
Thank you for your feedback, however, we do not have any rooms which are reached through a flight of stairs so unfortunately I believe that you are not talking about the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay but about one of our neighbouring hotels. You might wish to redirect your comments accordingly.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Julian's
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
InterContinental Malta
InterContinental Malta
#12 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay? Share your experiences!