“Loved every minute”

Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We stayed here for 7 nights at the end of July 2012 with our 2 children 5 and 3 from the moment we arrived it was excellent we had a sea view and balcony to sit and relax
The food in the main restaurant was excellent so was the service especially the breakfast there was everything you would expect from a 5 star buffet and so much more
The main reason we picked this hotel was for the pools and they didn't disappoint ,even with the hotel full there were plenty of sun loungers at any time of the day, the pool girls were very attentive with complimentry juice and muffins daily .it was our first trip to Malta and were a bit apprehensive .but after staying at the Corinthia we will be back this summer for sure
One more thing to mention I don't know wether the restaurant Henry j beans is part of the hotel or not but beware it is a disgrace the service was shocking the drinks took 50 minutes to arrive after asking the waiter 4 times where they were the main course arrived before they did when my medium fillet steak arrived it was well done so I sent it back only for the chef to bring it back out and tell me it was medium how rude I then asked for the manager and he told me medium is cooked right through and juicy I thought it should be pink but guess I'm just the customer what do I know after being sat there 3 hours I couldn't be bothered arguing any more and charged it to the room I wasn't going to get anywhere with the staff here .

Room Tip: You have to have a sea view
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank holidaycaunce
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

I thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay.

I am very happy to hear that you had a wonderful holiday and that you enjoyed the amazing views, our lavish buffet breakfast, our recreational areas and the complimentary snacks during the day by the pool. It is great to hear that your experience at our Hotel resulted in you and your family wanting to come back to our sunny island.

I am, on the other hand, extremely disappointed to hear that you had a bad experience at Henry J Bean’s. Please accept my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. This is not our usual standard. This Restaurant is renowned for its great food and service and is extremely popular with the locals and hotel guests. I will advise the Restaurant Manager of your experience to ensure that this does not happen again in the future and if you are returning to the Corinthia Hotel St George's Bay, please contact me as I would like to invite you back to Henry J Bean’s with your family.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel this summer.

There are newer reviews for Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay

Reviewed 4 February 2013

Blue sky and blue sea view from the room, in winter, is surely a luxury when all Europe is so cold. The room was ultra comfortable, with a sitting room and a bedroom, both with TV. The staff provided an excellent service. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Many thanks for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay.

I am very happy to hear that you found your room very comfortable and that you enjoyed our lovely views and warm climate.

It is also great that our staff provided you with excellent service and that you would like to return.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

I stayed for 3 nights as part of a business trip. I have to say this was one of my favourite ever stays. The staff were polite and attentive, the room very comfortable, the vista from my rooms balcony was incredible and the food was superb. I checked out at 4.30am on Tuesday 15th January, the porter went out of his way to deliver me fresh coffee, croissants and fruit in the lobby whilst waiting for my taxi. I wouldn't consider anywhere else when travelling to Malta again

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

I was really pleased to read that you had such a lovely stay with us and that our staff went out of their way to make sure they delivered our Corinthia quality standards.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

I stayed for a night at the ambassador suite and it was a stunner. Really great service and the view was amazing. The location is definetely a great asset just a few minutes away from all the night life of St. Julians reccomend it for many reasons.

Room Tip: The ambassidor suite is just amazing.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay.

It is great to hear that you liked the location of the Hotel and its proximity to the famous St Julian’s nightlife, as well as our service and the lovely Ambassador Suite with its stunning views.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Just spent a long weekend in Malta at the Corinthia. Couldn't fault the hotel, the accommodation and food was excellent and staff were extremely helpful. The spa and pool are also definitely worth a visit. Would recommend for any visitors to Malta.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Clare B
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

I am very happy to hear that you found everything to be excellent and that our staff were extremely helpful.

It is also great that you had time to enjoy the spa, the pool and our various dining facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

Just back from the Corinthia where I held my annual conference for 15 clients. Very good service throughout from staff with a special mention for Ruth who took care of the meeting and organisation of the three days which ran like clockwork.
We ate at the 3301 grill which was excellent with all food being of a high standard and enjoyed by all, my sea bream was delicous ! Breakfast was plentiful with plenty of options for all tastes. A great stay in a very well run hotel with excellent facilities.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Many thanks for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay.

I am really pleased to read that you were very happy with our Hotel, our service and that you enjoyed our lavish buffet breakfast and the food in our award winning restaurant – The Grill 3301.

I will personally pass on your thanks to Ruth Butters, our Events Co-ordinator and am glad that your 3-day conference worked like clockwork.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Island and to our Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

This hotel was in my eyes perfect. Set out a little, but not too far to walk.. Understated, classy, sophisticated and in a beautiful location. Staff were super friendly and courteous. The food was amazing (Grill Restaurant was 5*)
The rooms were clean, spacious and serviced daily by lovely friendly ladies..my personal hi-light?? Tweeting from my sun lounger for drinks in the hot sun...
Have already booked to go back in March. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank kayt1402
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

I thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay.

I am really glad to read that you were happy with your whole experience, particularly with the friendliness of our Housekeeping Staff and our Twitter facilities by the pool.

It is great that you tried out our award winning restaurant – The Grill 3301 and that you found it to be amazing.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel in March.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Julian's
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
Le Meridien St. Julians
Le Meridien St. Julians
#8 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay? Share your experiences!