My teenage son and I went to Malta to complete our PADI diving certificate. The travel agency booked us into the Corinthia Hotel and when the bus drove up to the hotel entrance I have to say I was delighted... real WOW factor when you went through the door. The check-in was very quick and our bags were whisked off to our room. Very friendly porter escorted us to our room and again the room looked impressive and the view from the balcony was stunning. However we soon realised that the two separate beds had been zipped together, and as my teenage son definitely didn't want to share a bed (massive though it was) with his mum, the porter organised for the beds to be re-done whilst we nipped out for a quick bite to eat. This helpfulness by the staff was prevalent all through our holiday - a great credit to the hotel. We particularly appreciated the drinks reception we were invited to by the General Manager. The canapés were stunning and the drink plentiful. Again lovely to chat to Pat and Robert (Concierge), great ambassadors for the hotel. Robert in particular was very helpful in suggesting places to go and restaurants to try.The pools were well looked after although as in all hotels these days, the beds are taken fairly early on - huge amount of towels out but very few people actually lying on them! Additional lovely touches - staff coming round the pool and cleaning your sunglasses, offering free cool drinks twice a day and handing out ice-cold handtowels twice a day. There was a lovely selection for breakfast and the sausages were particularly tasty. My son particularly appreciated the freshly made waffles every morning! Complaints? Very few..... the seats on the balcony should be replaced as they were not very comfy and the fridge wasn't particularly cold with rusty bits at the back but on the whole, I was very pleased with the accommodation but special mention must go to the staff who were responsible for allowing us to enjoy it even more! Definitely plan to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay is one of the best luxury hotels in Malta, bringing together outstanding sea views, enchanting luxury and unbeatable service.Standing like a beacon of luxury accommodation on a promontory overlooking St. George’s Bay in Malta, the Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay can’t help but inspire dreams. Choose from a range of sumptuous rooms, each with a private balcony and state-of-the-art amenities couched in an elegant design that combines historic romance with a fresh contemporary edge. Guests of this 5 star luxury hotel in Malta are treated to unique experiences throughout their stay.There’s no need to tear yourself away from the picture postcard views of the bluest Mediterranean for dinner: each of the luxury hotel’s 9 fine restaurants offers ravishing vistas along with the most delectable meals. Dine al fresco at the Grill 3301 rooftop terrace, surrounded by the soft sea breeze, 360º views, and the mouthwatering aromas of fine cuisine. Or take a sip of a wide selection of fine wines in the exquisite French-style charm of the Vinotheque Bistro. The adventurous will be spoilt for choice with the hotel’s water sport centre, which offers private yacht hire, and the on-site diving centre. The famous Lido at the Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay also offers 3 pools, children’s pool, bars, restaurants, sunbeds, and sea access, perfect for relaxing and enjoying the wonderful location. And for pure tranquility, there’s even a spa. But not just any spa: the Apollo Day Spa provides the ultimate in holistic pampering and wellness treatments designed to bring out the best, carefree side of you. Completed by an idyllic location that gives easy access to the highlights of Malta, there’s truly no better place to make your Malta holiday than the Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Saint Julians
- Corinthia Hotel Saint Julians
- Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay Malta