Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay
InterContinental Malta(Saint Julian's)
US$199
US$166
  • Pool
Le Meridien St. Julians(Saint Julian's)
US$280
US$249
Argento Hotel(Saint Julian's)
US$216
US$181
  • Pool
The George Hotel(Saint Julian's)
US$198
Hotel Juliani(Saint Julian's)
US$245
TripAdvisor
2,501 results
All reviewsfra martinohenry j beanscourtesy bussea viewcaviar bullgeorge's baythe executive loungeindoor poolplenty of sunbedsomelettespavallettastconciergelidopacevillecharles
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We specifically booked the Corinthia hotel after two wonderful stays at Corinthia Budapest and Lisbon, so a bit disappointed as this one didn't reach the same luxury standard as the city hotels. That of course may be why - this is a very large sea side hotel.

Our room was spacious with two double beds, one would have been enough with a bit more space for sitting around, an adequate bathroom with a lack lustre shower, overall the decor was rather tired and worn and in places rather scruffy. Beautiful view from our balcony, view of the fireworks was awesome! Curtains in the corridor were hanging of their hooks the whole time we were there and we played a game every morning to see how far down the corridor a piece of plastic would make it before being picked up, answer: 5 days and the whole length!

Apart from check in when we waited 10 minutes before any one even spoke to us - even a brief"I won't be long" would have acknowledged our presence, the staff were very pleasant and polite in the hotel. Lilly who cleaned our room was delightful and helpful.Service generally excellent in the main hotel, some of the restaurants were another matter, in particular Cafe 24 which was dreadful, we tried it twice on the basis that the first time the poor service was a blip - it wasn't. Breakfast was very good and the couple of times we ate at Fra Martino it was also very good.

The lifts our side of the building were erratic and broke down several times whilst we were staying - fortunately the first floor was easily walkable.

Pools and spa were lovely, we enjoyed a very relaxing treatment.The gym was a disappointment (again a factor in our choice of hotel), great for weights but the cardio equipment old and worn out - most days only 3 pieces actually worked, but not always the same 3! The staff had no clue how they worked and as the problems was ongoing and with no out of order signs I guess it wasn't reported either. A couple of kettle bells and gym balls would have been good in addition to the weights.

In fairness had we not had such great experiences at other Corinthia Hotels we would probably have been more satisfied with our stay and less picky, it's just hard not to compare with previous stays, especially as this hotel was very expensive. Would we stay here again? No but then we wouldn't go back to Malta again. Would we stay at a Corinthia hotel again? Yes.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you for your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay. Please accept my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. This is not our usual standard.

I have discussed the issues you mentioned with all the Managers concerned for them to take the necessary corrective action so as to avoid such incidents in the future.

I have passed on your comments regarding Café 24 to the Hotel Manager at the Marina Hotel for his action.

We value your business very much and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay. I sincerely hope that you will give us the chance in the future to prove that we can do better than your experience suggests.

Yours truly

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We have just returned from wonderful stay at this hotel , rooms are large and spacious a bit dated but location views, staff and service are terrific. Breakfast is well presented .We spent 12 nights there recently in the middle of summer july august this year, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay can highly recommend this hotel. Great for family with small children.

Room Tip: We had room facing pool and excellent sea views , walking distance to many restraurants and easy access to local bus
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dawnyb2013
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Many thanks for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay.

It is great that you enjoyed our location and the fantastic views and that you found our rooms to be large and spacious and our Staff and service terrific. I am also glad that you enjoyed our very popular breakfast buffet.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I just returned from a luxurious 5 day stay at the Corinthia hotel at st. George's bay in Malta. We went for a very belated honeymoon (7 yrs belated!) and everyone was so nice to us there. We arrived very late and my husband had arranged for flowers and cake to be delivered to the room. When I arrived in the room, the flowers and cake were there as well as towel swans decorating the bed and rose petals. It was lovely. We had a suite on the 5 th floor overlooking the sea which couldn't have been more perfect! Every night cookies were brought to our room! We only had turndown service one evening. Im not sure if it was a fluke or what but it only happened once. We also received 2 complimentary bottles of water most days...I think the maid forgot this 2 of the days but not a big deal. The room was lovely, it had 2 balconies! We ordered room service once. The portions were large. I ordered sirloin steak and it was 30 euros. It came only with fries. I was really disappointed In the steak as there was alot of fat and I didn't eat much of it. The sauce was very bland as well. This was my only disappointment in the hotel. The head concierge, Robert, was terrific! He arranged a car to pick us up at the hotel late at night and when we were waiting for a cab in the lobby at the end of our stay he greeted us and got us an earlier cab. The pool areas were fantastic and there is direct access to the sea as well. The executive lounge was the best! Great breakfast, drinks, view, snack midday and a pre dinner snack and drinks available as well. It was so nice to be able to go there for water or soda or beer whenever we wanted until 7 pm! A nice addition to our stay for sure! Overall, after seeing Malta and Gozo, I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else but this hotel in the future! I enjoyed myself so much and the hotel was a true haven to go back to at the end of the day!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay.

I am very happy to hear that we made your belated honeymoon very special and that your holiday was a memorable one.

It is also good to know that you enjoyed your suite and the honeymoon setup, the amazing views, the lovely pool area, the executive lounge and the excellent service of our Head Concierge, amongst other things.

I have passed on your comments regarding the steak to the Chef to ensure that we monitor the quality of all the dishes we serve.

We hope to welcome you back to Malta and to our Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I came back yesterday from another amazing holiday at Corinthia st George! I holiday here with my family every year, we love Malta and every time I go back there have been improvements and new things to do.
The service is excellent, they always remember you and greet you by name or with a welcoming smile. The service around the pools is lovely, with complimentary drinks and cool towels to refresh.
Excellent location and great that there's a private beach where you can jump in the sea. The private watersports is something I didn't remember from last year so we went on a banana boat and the staff were also fantastic.

Will never hesitate to return.
Thanks corinthia hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

I am really glad that we exceeded your expectations and that you are happy with the service and keep coming back.

It is very pleasing to read that you enjoyed our niceties by the pool and that you like our location and our beach.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

i will start with the faults,view from room was not very nice a couple of battered skips, dusty cars and bins,ok every hotel needs a service area but it could be covered,the chairs on the balcony should be thrown in the aforementioned skips they were well worn,lastly the hotel needs a make over as a few parts were slightly past their best,Now the real stars of this hotel are the staff,pool side and restaurant simply superb,nothing too much for them,manners and politeness went hand in hand as it was throughout the hotel,, who ever cleaned the pool area and poolside toilets should receive a medal they were sparkling.,It was expensive to eat in the hotel but the food was of a high standard ,buffet breakfast was a treat,everything nice and fresh,and the tables cleaned straight away,we would definitely stay here again,but personally i think a high end 4 star rather than a 5 star

Room Tip: ask for a pool view
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay.

I am pleased to read that you found our staff, our pool areas and our restaurants superb and I am very happy that you enjoyed our lavish buffet breakfast and great service.

We have very limited amount of inland rooms with a small view of the service area, but I take note of your comments with regards to the cleanliness and will ensure that this area it is kept in a presentable state.

We are continually upgrading the balcony furniture and we have a programme in place to replace all the chairs.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel.