We booked this hotel through Expedia and I believe that's where the trouble started. I emailed the hotel a week before arriving to confirm our *sea view* room, and received a confirmation back from the hotel, plus a suggestion that we upgrade to an executive level room for a nominal cost of 48 euro, which we declined. When we arrived, as I suspected would happen, they put us in a first floor non-seaview room. After a long wait we were offered another room on the first floor with a parking-lot, sea view or an upgrade to an ex room for a discounted price of 45 euro. I showed them my email offering an ex room for 48 euro indicating that 45 euro wasn't much of a discount. They finally they gave us an ex room for 35 euro, which is really more in line considering what the club level actually offered. The room was quite nice with a lovely view. Not so for our traveling companions. They had a toilet that ran constantly, a leak in their ceiling, and on more than one occasion did not get housekeeping. When they asked for more towels, they were blatantly ignored (by both the housekeeper and the front desk). My perception is that if you book a room with Expedia the hotel will try to give you a substandard room. And I always recommend contacting the hotel prior to arrival to confirm your reservation and to have that confirmation in hand upon arrival. Be prepared to negotiate.
The price of the hotel on Expedia when we booked in April was *heavily* discounted (approx. $200 US for a seaview-non executive) from the hotel's website's price. Obviously we jumped at this opportunity. I have stayed at the Intercontinental and the Hilton both lovely (however the Intercontinental is not actually on the ocean), but neither could compete with the price of the San Gorg. My preference would have been the Hilton.
The hotel is in a good location with a variety of pools or the sea to choose from. Too bad they don't have an all-adult pool. Water sports are also available next door to the hotel. Our room had a mini-bar ‘frig, which we *borrowed* for our water; a nice in-room tea services; a hair dryer that actually worked; and nice towels, robes and toiletries.
By upgrading to an ex room, we had access to free breakfast, light snacks in the afternoon and evening, and free beer, wine & cocktails and other drinks throughout the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay is one of the best luxury hotels in Malta, bringing together outstanding sea views, enchanting luxury and unbeatable service.Standing like a beacon of luxury accommodation on a promontory overlooking St. George’s Bay in Malta, the Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay can’t help but inspire dreams. Choose from a range of sumptuous rooms, each with a private balcony and state-of-the-art amenities couched in an elegant design that combines historic romance with a fresh contemporary edge. Guests of this 5 star luxury hotel in Malta are treated to unique experiences throughout their stay.There’s no need to tear yourself away from the picture postcard views of the bluest Mediterranean for dinner: each of the luxury hotel’s 9 fine restaurants offers ravishing vistas along with the most delectable meals. Dine al fresco at the Grill 3301 rooftop terrace, surrounded by the soft sea breeze, 360º views, and the mouthwatering aromas of fine cuisine. Or take a sip of a wide selection of fine wines in the exquisite French-style charm of the Vinotheque Bistro. The adventurous will be spoilt for choice with the hotel’s water sport centre, which offers private yacht hire, and the on-site diving centre. The famous Lido at the Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay also offers 3 pools, children’s pool, bars, restaurants, sunbeds, and sea access, perfect for relaxing and enjoying the wonderful location. And for pure tranquility, there’s even a spa. But not just any spa: the Apollo Day Spa provides the ultimate in holistic pampering and wellness treatments designed to bring out the best, carefree side of you. Completed by an idyllic location that gives easy access to the highlights of Malta, there’s truly no better place to make your Malta holiday than the Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Saint Julians
- Corinthia Hotel Saint Julians
- Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay Malta