Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay
Hotel Juliani(Saint Julian's)
US$216
US$210
Travelocity
Le Meridien St. Julians(Saint Julian's)
US$254
US$232
Spinola Hotel(Saint Julian's)(Great Value!)
US$104
  • Breakfast included
2,475 results
All reviewsfra martinohenry j beanscourtesy bussea viewcaviar bullgeorge's baythe executive loungeindoor poolplenty of sunbedsomelettespavallettastconciergelidopacevillecharles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Just coming up to our last 3 days here before we head home:(
Cannot understand some of the reviews because all the staff are simply all lovely.
The hotel (and its sister hotel) the Marina, has the best variety of restaurants within a hotel complex that I have seen in a while, plus prices ok, little bit more than you would pay down the road in St Julians but huge plates of food. Drinks a bit pricey so we had some from the bar and bought some from the M and S nearby and stuck them in the mini bar to chill.
Pools spotless, general areas spotless. Rooms a bit tired around the edges, but again very clean.
Travelled with my 12 year old, we had a Deluxe Sea View with breakfast, so two decent single beds. Nice balcony. The breakfast was piping hot every day so not sure about the cold breakfast some people experienced.......the selection was huge too! Fruit, continental, omelettes & pancakes freshly made, oh and full English etc. Again as per previous comment, I am not doing gluten but there was sooo much to choose from I didnt starve!!!
As usual tea doesnt taste as good as it does in blighty!!! However we are happy to put up with that for a taste of the Corinthia again, magic hotel, great staff and 2 happy guests!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank ThePrincess71
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay.

I am very pleased that you found our Staff to be lovely and that you liked the variety of restaurants within the Resort.

I am also happy to read that you found the pools, public areas and your room spotless and it is satisfying to hear that you loved our amazing buffet breakfast with its live cooking station.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is a nice hotel but there is something *missing* and I can't put my finger on it. We stayed in a deluxe seaview room (not Executive).

Good points:
*staff very friendly - Marian at breakfast was lovely and also some other staff, who rushed to help my husband after he fell down the stairs and then asked how he was the next day
*we sat outside for breakfast all bar one day (despite other reviews indicating it could be a problem)
*I had a lovely massage outside, under the canopy
*you can tweet your drinks order to the pool bar from your sun lounger, which was brilliant
*pool staff brought cold flannels, free juice and watermelon as the weather was so hot
*nice decor
*our room had a view of the sea, even if it was overlooking the car park!
*we had a large double bed even if they were two singles joined together
*we always managed to get sunbeds even when we arrived at the pool late afternoon
*nice pools with views across to the casino
*about a 10 minute walk to Paceville (which in itself is an experience - overrun with under 20s - but loads to do there and places to eat) yet far enough away to not be affected by the noise
*bus stop for Valletta, Sliema etc a few minutes walk away

Not so good points:
*I asked about upgrading to an Executive room when I was there but they were going to charge us an extra €70 per night, yet I met people there the same week who had been upgraded free of charge or who had booked late and paid almost what we paid for the deluxe room but they got an Executive one
*air conditioning - noisy and not that effective so I didn't sleep well at all
*many small holes in the bedroom curtains
*shower not that powerful
*our bedroom had a damp smell
*Oasis pool bar food - a bit overpriced for what I got and the food was very ordinary

Don't get me wrong, it is a nice hotel but there were just a few things that I felt didn't quite add up to a 5 star stay. I think the Executive rooms are the ones to book. It might also be worth booking this hotel during their sale as you'll probably get a bargain.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view towards the casino otherwise you might get the car park view!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dizzyblondegal

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay.

I am glad that the Staff were friendly and that you enjoyed your massage under the canopy. It is also good to hear that you liked our location, our pools and the complimentary services and snacks we provide, together with the possibility of tweeting your food/drinks order without leaving your sun lounger. Apart from the proximity of the bus stop, we also offer our guests a complimentary bus service to Valletta and Sliema three times daily during the peak season and once a day during the winter time.

I thank you for bringing your observations and concerns to my attention and I will ensure that remedial action is carried out immediately. I am sorry that you paid a higher rate than some other guests but they must have booked during the Annual Mega Sale, when some great deals can be found.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

This is hotel is simply perfect, really nice hotel....

Thanks for the lovely room. Views are breath taking...

Pools and amazing and kept clean, adults pool as well need to keep the kids out please??

Rooms are lovely and clean. And always cleaned daily

Stayed: July 2014
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

I am happy to read that you found our Hotel to be simply perfect and that you had a lovely room with breath taking views.

I am also glad that you appreciated the cleanliness of your room and pool areas.

I apologise that there were kids swimming in the adults’ pool. Our Pool Manager is continuously reinforcing the ‘adults only’ pool concept.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Travelled With wife and daughter age 17. Wanted to have sun, good hotel, good food and friendly staff. Got it all, far above expectations. My daughter can not eat gluten and she got the best service we ever has experienced. The chef came to each meal and discussed what he could prepare for her, and it all tasted very good!
Go for the Executive floor, the views and the lounge itself is worth it!

Room Tip: Choose seaview overlooking the Casino and bay. Go for Executive floors, it is Worth it
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay.

I am extremely pleased that we exceeded your expectations in all aspects.

I am also glad that you were happy with the service provided by the Chef to prepare gluten free meals for your daughter.

It is good to hear that you enjoyed the Executive Club facilities, as well as the magnificent view.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We have just came back from a two week stay at the Corinthia. This hotel is truly an all round 5 star. The staff are polite, professional and are willing to help with any query, they help with anything no matter what. The concierge team are extremely helpful, they made are time there really enjoyable. Especially Robert.

The rooms were very clean, maid service was very good, they cater for your every need. Nothing is a problem. The beds and pillows were comfortable. My sons bed was just as good as the adults, he said it was really comfy.

The food was really good, lots of choice for children as well as adults, chefs that prepare fresh omelettes and pancakes. Again staff at breakfast were polite and helpful as always.

The pools were very clean and spacious, they never felt over crowded, even at this time of year. They are looked after all day long. Loved the fact I could tweet my food and drink order from my sun lounger, no need to move anywhere. Also you receive complimentary drinks and snacks throughout the day followed by a freezing cold flannel to cool you down which was just so nice. The toilet area at the pool was cleaned throughout the day which was brilliant. There was a lovely member of the team called Merrill who really looked after us and was liked by all the hotel guests, she is a credit to the hotel, but all the staff are very friendly.

We tried the water sports and excursions which we found to be very reasonable compared to other places. The comino snorkelling trip is worth it if your looking to leave the hotel for the morning/afternoon.

We had a fantastic view recommended by the staff that was truly special. Views of the bay and pools. I would recommend upgrading to the executive lounge. It is worth every penny, you get well and truly spoilt. Being invited by Stuart Chappell to a managers reception was lovely, we had complimentary drinks and Snacks and had a nice chat to other guests who were also raving about the hotel.

The restaurants were really lovely, we tried them all and each one was highly recommended by other guests. The combo platter at Henry j beans was my favourite, I had to have it more than once. The chocolate brownie also was a big hit with our son.

We really didn't want to leave this hotel. I could of stayed for another 3 weeks and still enjoyed it. I will definitely return again, look forward to my next stay. Sad to leave.

Thanks again to all the staff. If your looking for luxury in Malta, this is definitely the place to stay.

Beccee and family Liverpool

• Stayed: July 2014

I am very happy to read that you found the Staff to be polite, professional and helpful and that you enjoyed the cleanliness of the Hotel, our lavish buffet breakfast and live cooking station, the water sports and the Executive Lounge. I will personally thank Robert and Merrill for providing you with exceptional service.

It is also very pleasing to know that you enjoyed my GMs Reception and that you liked the niceties by the pool and the fact that you could tweet your food and drinks order without having to leave your sun lounger.

Henry J Bean’s is very popular amongst our guests and locals alike, so I am glad that you had the opportunity to try it out and that you really liked it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel once again in the near future.